Who would you like to win it - Argentina, Croatia, France or Morocco?

Who’d you like to win this World Cup?

• Total voters

wangyu

Morocco obviously. I always root for the underdog.

Many people picking Argentina but that is only because of Messi. Take him out and nobody wants them to win it.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Back to back world cups.

And then also favourites to win the rugby world cup? Stop hoarding everything!
We also want the Olympics in Football, Basketball, Handball and Volleyball but also the Handball World championships. :angel:

berbatrick

Renaissance Man
Scout
1. Messi
2. The evil colonisers of western Sahara
3. The evil Ustase
4. The evil Giroud

klsv

1. France or Morocco
2. Croatia
3. Argentina without Messi.
4. Argentina with Messi.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
It would be exceptional to see Morocco or Croatia win it but Messi please

Scriblerus

Morocco. Passion, organisation and skill. Not a great side, but a great story. Croatia are almost anti-football in their dullness. Argentina their usual prima donna filth. France - meh plus Griezmanm and Mbappe.

Kopral Jono

All would be deserving winners and I actually don't really mind anyone. It's been this way for me since Belgium and Spain got knocked out. But if I really have to choose, I will go with the team that have played the best football in my eyes and required the least amount of luck to get this deep.

So France, Morocco, Argentina and finally Croatia, in that order.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
We also want the Olympics in Football, Basketball, Handball and Volleyball but also the Handball World championships. :angel:
Not to mention France already has two spots in Euroleague.
I envy the sports culture from your beautiful country, but one thing fails: the relationship of quality/price of your restaurants suck! Pardonnez-moi, mais c'est vrai.

JPRouve

Scout
Not to mention France already has two spots in Euroleague.
I envy the sports culture from your beautiful country, but one thing fails: the relationship of quality/price of your restaurants suck! Pardonnez-moi, mais c'est vrai.
I don't know if I understand your point but there is no relation and it's not really something that anyone claim or cares for so you can say it. Good restaurants can and often are relatively cheap.

That_Bloke

Supports
Leicester City
Morocco. Passion, organisation and skill. Not a great side, but a great story. Croatia are almost anti-football in their dullness. Argentina their usual prima donna filth. France - meh plus Griezmanm and Mbappe.
This myth should die once and for all. I can't believe that anyone who watched them can say that with a straight face.

Their forwards are shite. Big difference.

BorisManUtd

Since the start of WC I've wanted Argentina to win it so I'll stick with it. Will be still extremely difficult though.

redshaw

Argentina would be great and playing Morocco in the final for a good atmosphere. Arg fans have been the best and come a long way, plenty of Moroccan fans.

European fans are not there in big numbers and the few there have been very quiet.

Before a ball was kicked I had Arg down to win and said Messi would have a great World Cup, so far it's coming true but if not Messi has been brilliant.

Dirty Schwein

Has a 'Best of Britney Spears' album
Supports
Luton Town
Morocco - ultimate underdogs
Croatia - underdogs who shut down the dancefloor
Argentina - want to taste more Ronaldo tears
France - meh

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
I don't know if I understand your point but there is no relation and it's not really something that anyone claim or cares for so you can say it. Good restaurants can and often are relatively cheap.
Was just taking the piss, mate, not to be Taken seriously. France has a lot of good restaurants (mainly in the Garonne zone, through :p). Pretentious restaurante are everywhere.

Against Morocco you need a lot of pass and cut to displace their defense out of position, but Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele Will be up for the job, imho.

Spaghetti

Mom's
Anyone but Argentina, sorry Lisandro but too many cnuts in the team. Especially Emi Martinez.
Agree with this take.

I’d choose France from the remaining 4.

I’m surprised to see so much support for Morocco considering how much hate Qatar get for their pretty similar beliefs.

ArjenIsM3

Not Morocco because their fans are behaving like utter cnuts. Not Argentina because they're cnuts. Croatia would be great but can't see them beating France. Then again, if this WC has proven anything it's that anything can happen :lol:

Scriblerus

This myth should die once and for all. I can't believe that anyone who watched them can say that with a straight face.

Their forwards are shite. Big difference.
Yes. Which means that though they have some excellent skills in midfield and defence, their strategy is low risk and aim for a clean sheet whatever the cost going forward. Against Brazil, not a meaningful shot before they scored. Sorry, but I don't want to see that lift the trophy.

JPRouve

Scout
Was just taking the piss, mate, not to be Taken seriously. France has a lot of good restaurants (mainly in the Garonne zone, through :p). Pretentious restaurante are everywhere.

Against Morocco you need a lot of pass and cut to displace their defense out of position, but Mbappe, Griezmann and Dembele Will be up for the job, imho.
I know you were, it's just that I feel a bit sorry for tourists that end up paying ridiculous prices for no good reason while they could have had a better experience a few streets away for much cheaper.

Globule

signature/tagline creator extraordinaire
I'd take positives from any of them.
Argentina for Martinez, France for Varane, Morocco for a first time winner and the first African winner, Croatia for a first time winner.

Morocco would be my preference though.

BorisManUtd

Would Morocco winning it be bigger football/sport upset than Leicester's PL title? Greece also won Euros in 2004 but obviously winning World Cup is even bigger achievement.

Kaos

Would Morocco winning it be bigger football/sport upset than Leicester's PL title? Greece also won Euros in 2004 but obviously winning World Cup is even bigger achievement.
No. You only need to technically win 4 games (with the option of penalties) in a row to win the world cup. A bit of luck could help propel that. Leicester had to consistently be the best team in the league over a course of 38 games, which is an insane achievement.