Whoop ti Do!! United have bid for someone

unknownnames

Fergie confrms Berbatov bid
Manchester United manager Sir Alex Ferguson has confirmed that he has lodged a bid for Tottenham's Dimitar Berbatov.

United have been tracking the Bulgarian striker for a number of months and now they have firmed up their interest with an official bid.

It is not yet known the extent of United's bid for the 27-year-old although reports claim it is below £25million which is said to be Spurs' asking price.

But Ferguson is confident he will land Berbatov.

"We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through," he said as he jetted out with his player's ahead of United pre-season tour of South Africa.

"Berbatov has been impressive during a long time and would be a great addition to our attack.

"I think time will work for us more than against us.

"We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."
http://www.skysports.com/story/0,19528,11661_3832936,00.html

KeyserSoze

Batigol > Bauer
I actually believed Batigol was going to finally arrive this summer like the last ten summers. There is always next year. :(

Spoony

The People's President
Let me guess, Berbatov's agent claimed we put in a bid for his man, last week. . .and yesterday Fergie said he put in a bid for a top quality player. Right who else was expecting it to be Nebuchadnezzar?? I certainly was. Can;t believe it turned out to be Berbs.

Anyway, I'm officially allowing all caftards to get get their cocks out.

giggs-beckham

Clueless
Let me guess, Berbatov's agent claimed we put in a bid for his man, last week. . .and yesterday Fergie said he put in a bid for a top quality player. Right who else was expecting it to be Nebuchadnezzar?? I certainly was. Can;t believe it turned out to be Berbs.

Anyway, I'm officially allowing all caftards to get get their cocks out.

That could stick, or the lads might go for berba like they went for seba.
Or dimi.

2x G.N. Sweepstake Winner, Apprentice Winner 2013
Somewhere between a rock and a hard place.
Man Utd confident over Berbatov

Sir Alex Ferguson expects to prise striker Dimitar Berbatov from Tottenham by the end of the summer.

Reports have suggested the Manchester United boss has made a £22m bid for the 27-year-old but that Spurs want more.

Ferguson was quoted in The Sun saying: "We have made Tottenham an offer on Berbatov and we have good expectations that this deal will go through.

"Berbatov has been impressive for a long time and he would be a great addition to our attack."

Barcelona have also shown an interest in the Bulgarian following the exit of Ronaldinho to AC Milan and with Samuel Eto'o also set to leave but Ferguson is happy to bide his time over a player who scored 23 goals for Tottenham last season.

Speaking at the start of the club's pre-season tour of South Africa, the Scot said: "I think time will work for us more than against us.

"We will not stress this situation. We are hoping to have a constructive conversation with Tottenham in the near future."

Ferguson also insisted any deal for Berbatov would not mean winger Cristiano Ronaldo moving to Real Madrid.

Meanwhile, Ferguson is confident that Owen Hargreaves will be fit for the start of the season in August, despite the United midfielder suffering a recurrence of the tendinitis problem that first surfaced at the start of the last campaign.

Hargreaves is sitting out the pre-season tour but Ferguson insisted: "By the time we come back from South Africa, Owen should be okay.

"We have certainly not written him off for the start of the season. He will have a series of injections in his knee but I am sure he will be fine."