Who's next out of the door?

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
This January would be a great time to have an initial exodus and allow the next manager and DOF to focus more on recruitment.

Get rid of Valencia, Jones, Darmian.

By end of season I would like to see moves arranged for Young, Fellaini, Lukaku, Matic, Mata, Sanchez - possibly Rojo and Smalling gone too. I’d like to see Rashford loaned out if he fails to sustain this recent run.

Djemba-Djemba

If we're talking about how should go :

Grant
Valenica
Young
Jones
Rojo
Darmian
Matic
Scott
Lingard
Lukaku

Not eve squad options. We need to be ruthless and stop accepting mediocrity in ways like "he has his uses". Some of these will struggle for a place on the bench for other big teams.

I wanted to write Fred with them but I'll wait for next season, full expecting him to join the list of the deadwood sooner or later though.
I'd agree with that.

We need a proper shakeup, and part of that shakeup should be getting rid of the dross.

I mean it's almost 2019 and we're still playing the likes of Jones and Young and Darmian. It's absurd.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Darmian, Fellaini are another 2.
Darmian yes, Fellani no chance. All 3 managers valued him and he always came up with important performances. Just because people don't like him doesn't mean he was a failure.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Would like to see how Lukaku and Sanchez do now. The sacking was massive considering all the shackles are now lifted

This January would be a great time to have an initial exodus and allow the next manager and DOF to focus more on recruitment.

By end of season I would like to see moves arranged for Young, Fellaini, Lukaku, Matic, Mata, Sanchez - possibly Rojo and Smalling gone too. I’d like to see Rashford loaned out if he fails to sustain this recent run.
We do actually need some fullbacks for the rest of the season!

Darmian should go, as we might actually get a fee for him. Same goes for Rojo. Both in Jan - if we can find clubs who will take them.

Valencia and Jones are out of contract in the summer in any case, they can go then.

Young should stay another year. Smalling is staying, if he gets pushed to 3rd/4th choice CB then great - but he's the only CB at the club who actually defend.

Sanchez is interesting - would like have been gone in Jan if Jose was still here. He's got a second chance until the end of the season, if he can't Naik down a first team place and play well under Ole then he's gone in the summer.

walkinhop

It's way, WAY too early to talk about outings. The summer is probably when the new permanent manager will audit the team and decide.

Santoryo

ripping the reward
Pepole mentioning Pogba as a player that should go out :lol:

Get over your deity being rightly sacked. The club won't act dumb like some of you think and try to self destruct by ridding themselves of one of their most talented and skilled player. Some of you lots need brain cells.

StoicRed

It would be really ruthless to sell players in the January transfer window unless they really want to leave for more playing opportunities. But seeing that anything can happen - I hope at the very least for United to sell: Rojo and Jones.

On a side note, wonder if we can swap back Rojo for Nani and Sanchez for Mkhitaryan? :)

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
I'd agree with that.

We need a proper shakeup, and part of that shakeup should be getting rid of the dross.

I mean it's almost 2019 and we're still playing the likes of Jones and Young and Darmian. It's absurd.
Lukaku, I believe, has so much more to offer. He should get another chance. Lingard, as long as he's not starting games, I dont mind having on the bench. The rest is really a bit shit and should leave asap. I rather bring up some young players than keep those, tbh

Revan

Assumptionman
Jones
Young
Valencia
Rojo
Lukaku

There’s probably more depending on how some players play from now until the end of season. The excuse of it’s José has gone now.
Lukaku is not a great player, but is Betts than what he has shown for us (especially this season). Would be great if we replace him with a better striker, but by no means a priority.

The other 4 you mentioned and Darmian must definitely go in the summer. And some of Matic, Shaw, Herrera, Mata and Fellaini should go too.

Orange Tree

Jones and Rojo, both aren't reliable due to consintently being injured.

Then in the summer if they don't improve their forms.
Darmian, Valencia, Fellaini, Matic, Lukaku and Sanchez.

Pogba could also go if someone bids high enough. I think he is great, but with Raiola as his agent, you bet he will move soon.

wolvored

I would say all the injury prone and anyone who is at the end of their contract move on. Lets face it De Gea apart no one can hold their hand up and say they are the right quality we need. Dalot Rashford Martial Pogba Shaw Bailly Lindelof maybe due to age, glimpses of quality and the fact you cant get rid of everybody you could keep. Definitely move on Matic and Fellaini as these are one dimensional mourinho tactics men. Sanchez is 50/50. There is a very good player in there somewhere, so Ole might benefit him. Lukaku you could try from the right as he does for Belgium as he isnt a target man. Theres reports that Woodward is/trying to sign a CD (Alderwierald?) and Douglas Costa. If true then surely we have enough left to make a squad. Im sure Ole will also try some of the reserves in some matches as well.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Just signed a new long term contract

Dr Fink

Bailly (headless and indisciplined), Herrera (spends most of his time on the floor or chasing shadows), Valencia (one foot, cut back Tony), Darmian (offers nothing), Rojo (no positional sense), Fellaini (well, enough said) and Matic (far too slow).

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Just signed a new long term contract
That shouldn’t matter. If the new manager comes in and there are ways to offload him and options out there who are better he should go as he ultimately isn’t first team material for our long term ambitions. Having said that you’re right in that there are much greater priorities in terms of offloading and therefore I see him staying for the foreseeable future.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
We do actually need some fullbacks for the rest of the season!

Darmian should go, as we might actually get a fee for him. Same goes for Rojo. Both in Jan - if we can find clubs who will take them.

Valencia and Jones are out of contract in the summer in any case, they can go then.

Young should stay another year. Smalling is staying, if he gets pushed to 3rd/4th choice CB then great - but he's the only CB at the club who actually defend.

Sanchez is interesting - would like have been gone in Jan if Jose was still here. He's got a second chance until the end of the season, if he can't Naik down a first team place and play well under Ole then he's gone in the summer.
We should try and make some money on Valencia and Jones even if it is in the region of £1-3m.

We need to offload players in January because it freshens up the dressing room, it sends out a signal we are not going to just hold on to wastage any longer and Young just epitomises how we have championed mediocrity for such a long time.

Yes he’s a good professional but for me we need new modern young full backs even in reserve. Develop our own or purchase more youngsters in the mould of Dalot.

Young has now been replaced by Chilwell in the England set up and they look much better for it. I personally would look to acquire Chilwell as competition for Shaw with a view to eventually moving Shaw on if he doesn’t pick up his performances on a more consistent basis.

Di Maria's angel

Captain of Moanchester United
Definitely Jones, Young and Valencia.

In truth, there are no excuses for any player from now till the end of the season. The toxicity has been removed, so pull up your socks and get playing. If Pogba continues with his inconsistent performances, or Lukaku continues hiding the ball repellent in his shoes or Matic takes a year to turn around, then get rid.

Bola

Most of the thread has focussed on players, but is anyone expecting coaching staff changes?

I assume Jose will take his trusted band of coaches with him as most managers do.

Also, I wonder if the club will look a Sbringa, is not doing a great job results wise with the u-23s, but more significantly I hear that he is player a dour brand of football that is closer to Jose than United

OldPop

Summer 2019 - Clearout
If that's what you think will happen, and not what you want to happen, I think you're wrong about Rojo and Lidelof.

The criticism is partly correct, but they are still young and both can get better and develop with coaches who put energy on it.

And one or two of Fellaini, Valencia, Young or Matic will surely remain as loyal team players. If so, I think you're wrong there too.;)

Oneunited26

It’s simple these are the core players who have been the clubs downfall this season, and the deadwood overall

Darmian, Young, Valencia, Jones, rojo, matic, fellaini and lukaku

These for me are the blue prints of why we have been such a mediocre club for a long time now. If we truly want to evolve and become a woken giant, this is the next phase of becoming an Elite football club again not by history. But keep these players around, and continue to let them stink up the place, we will continue to make the same mistakes since Ferguson left. We need ruthless aggression, dump out the deadwood and bring in the quality.

What has been a problem is three phases of play, poor playing from the back awful at fullbacks that’s on the likes of young, in midfield we got two icebergs in matic and fellaini who are slow, create nothing and they stay deep, they need to go, and our useless number 9 lukaku who can’t run the channels, his first touch is of a brick wall. So these players are a problem that need to be moved on, by the time next season starts. Until I see this plan put into action I’m not convinced by the next manager, he must see this problem and solve it. Once this is done, we can really build, but remove the VG, moyes and Mourinho legacy of players and we truly we will have moved on from the trilogy of terror

Last edited:

Oneunited26

the team has been supported, yet the team have played shit. How many more chances do a lot of them need?
There is actually people saying fellaini has done well under the last three managers, so he must be good, yeah like moyes, VG and mourinho is the benchmark of how good fellaini is, that the trilogy of terror have showed what they know which is failure. Fellaini needs gone along with his group of turds who have stunk up the place holding back the flair talents, who I see is the reason for our mess we are in, play rubbish players expect rubbish results and that’s what we have got. The next manager is not gonna play long ball, which means he needs to go along with the other ageing injury prone donkeys

onemanarmy

There is actually people saying fellaini has done well under the last three managers, so he must be good, yeah like moyes, VG and mourinho is the benchmark of how good fellaini is, that the trilogy of terror have showed what they know which is failure. Fellaini needs gone along with his group of turds who have stunk up the place holding back the flair talents, who I see is the reason for our mess we are in, play rubbish players expect rubbish results and that’s what we have got. The next manager is not gonna play long ball, which means he needs to go along with the other ageing injury prone donkeys
Belgium doesn't play hoof ball and yet Fellaini is an important part of the team. Put him in a good team and he'll play good.

andd our useless number 9 lukaku who can’t run the channels
Again, that's where he excels for Belgium. But he needs decent enough balls to actually be able to run into these channels of course.

Darmian and Rojo offer nothing to the team. They'll leave long before Fellaini and Lukaku.

Loony BoB

Everyone naturally deserves a chance to impress, but I think the ones that any manager will be looking at are Rojo, Jones and Darmian. I think all the others will get serious consideration and rightly so. I can see us dropping two of Rojo/Jones/Darmian and not really missing out on anything. Jones is really good in his capabilities but he has so many derp moments it just can't be overlooked, and is so often injured. Darmian is very good for utility but he seems hellbent on going back to Italy so we just need to find a suitable replacement. Rojo doesn't have much going for him right now.

I think, for better or worse, Smalling is the most reliable central defender we have. I think Fellaini is actually a good player who has intelligence and talent to his play and people give him way too much crap. I think Valencia is still a leader and a battle harderned one, and we lack leaders all over the shop right now, so we shouldn't be binning the few we have left. Young has been great this season so shouldn't be out yet, but his age is catching up on him. Sanchez and Lukaku are undoubted talents that should be a lot better than what we've seen from them lately so I don't think we should be throwing them out when we have a new manager coming in who could get more out of them.

SlimDizzle075

Ok , so Jose has now been shown the door ( bit surprised at the timing to be honest ) I think it's fair to say the writing has been on the wall for quite some time , but its also fair to say that its not all down to Jose either . Do you think that whoever comes in will clear out some of the dead wood or disruptive players in the squad ( or even be directed by the board to do this so as to clear the decks for the new full time manager ? )
Players who spring to mind are Pogba , Sanchez , Lukaku , Jones . What do you guys think? Any exits over the next few months or do you think the squad will be left intact for the next full time manager to sort out ?
With Jose we had a situation where multiple players consistently under performed, were clearly not happy, and ultimately as their contracts were running down refusing to negotiate extensions. As expensive as it was to buy Jose out of his contract and part ways with him it would be far more expensive to loose these players and be forced to begin a full rebuilding process all over again. I feel like getting rid of Jose and bringing in Ole will certainly give the squad a boost as far as mood. However this move also puts a lot of pressure on guys like Pogba, Sanchez, Lukaku, Martial. Anyone who's price tag semi protected them, but at the same time used tactics or a poor relationship with Jose as an excuse to not perform. No more excuses. You are either dedicated, good enough, work hard enough for the team to be here, or you are out in the summer.

As far as the players that are proven past it, or deadwood, hopefully someone will have the cajones to tell them and send them on there way regardless of who takes over.

Last edited by a moderator:

Eric's Seagull

The next manager is not gonna play long ball, which means he needs to go along with the other ageing injury prone donkeys
Hope this happens wont be happy if we keep hitting it forward and hoping for the best. Considering all the injury does anyone know if we have mediocre medical staff or are just unlucky?

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
I'm not expecting a major clear-out this summer, and don't expect any departures in January. Think it's something we'll see eventually, but I imagine whoever comes in will want to see what they've got to work with.

The only players I think in immediate danger of being shifted out in the summer are Matic and Sanchez because their performances simply haven't been good enough when compared to what's been expected of them. The latter I think can turn it around, but Matic looks like he's over the hill now.

After that, I'd probably be looking at the following:

Rojo - Injured far too much to even be relied on as a backup. Think we still need some quality at centre-back which pushes him further back in the pecking order, and him going would create some opportunities for the likes of Tuanzebe.

Jones - Wouldn't shift him and Rojo at the same time, and I'd keep Jones over Rojo, but the same injury concerns apply.

Darmian - Seemingly comes after all of Valencia, Shaw, Young and Dalot in the pecking order of full-backs. Might be kept for his usefulness across the back-line, but again, think there's room for some younger players to fill these backup roles.

Young - Done what's been asked of him, but we simply shouldn't be relying on him to fill in at full-back. Been a steady servant for us, but wouldn't be surprised if he's moved on. As with Jones/Rojo, wouldn't get rid of both him and Darmian.

Fellaini - Think he's been unfairly scapegoated at times, and I do think he could play a role in a decent side, but he's become such a symbol of everything that's been wrong at the club since Fergie retired that I'm not sure he'll ever be fully accepted.

Unless anyone else wants to leave then, I'd say they're all pretty safe.

Eric's Seagull

. Rojo doesn't have much going for him right now.
Sanchez and Lukaku are undoubted talents that should be a lot better than what we've seen from them lately so I don't think we should be throwing them out when we have a new manager coming in who could get more out of them.
Considering the amount of games Rojo has missed i think he has got to go. Jones the same. I totally agree with the bold bit now they have got their second chance I hope they grasp it well or they are going to leave also.

Sterling Archer

The dismissal of McTominay and Lindelof is absurd.

Fellaini is the last player we need to dump to improve. But I do get it from a cathartic standpoint.

I'd like to see the majority of older players out. Typically, you can call on them for being dressing room presence or bringing experience. But they haven't been able to do that. So bye:

Valencia
Young
Rojo
Jones
Matic
Alexis

Oneunited26

Hope this happens wont be happy if we keep hitting it forward and hoping for the best. Considering all the injury does anyone know if we have mediocre medical staff or are just unlucky?
There has been a saying well the last three managers have all not got rid of fellaini, so he must be doing something good, look at Belgium, well how did Belgium do in the World Cup? They didn’t win it, well if people think moyes, VG and Mourinho is the kind of management to take advice from well he will join the last three managers and that is the sack. Not everyone deserves a chance, and the deadwood have had their chance and most of them are old, the next manager does this they will also lose their job because they didn’t have a ruthless aggression streak, it is time. It’s like keeping the 2003/04 flops, can you imagine if miller, djemba x2, kleberson, Bellion, Smith, Richardson, to name a few were kept around 7 to 8 years, that is where I rate young, Valencia, Jones, matic, fellaini and lukaku, they the kind of players that should be either in mediocre PL clubs or the MLS. If we building a side to challenge, it’s time to add a ruthless streak