Who's next out of the door?

Patrick08

This January would be a great time to have an initial exodus and allow the next manager and DOF to focus more on recruitment.

Get rid of Valencia, Jones, Darmian.

By end of season I would like to see moves arranged for Young, Fellaini, Lukaku, Matic, Mata, Sanchez - possibly Rojo and Smalling gone too. I’d like to see Rashford loaned out if he fails to sustain this recent run.
With inflation in place we cant replace that many players so quickly when we need some other positions as well.

Patrick08

The dismissal of McTominay and Lindelof is absurd.

Fellaini is the last player we need to dump to improve. But I do get it from a cathartic standpoint.

I'd like to see the majority of older players out. Typically, you can call on them for being dressing room presence or bringing experience. But they haven't been able to do that. So bye:

Valencia
Young
Rojo
Jones
Matic
Alexis
Alexis?

Eric's Seagull

There has been a saying well the last three managers have all not got rid of fellaini, so he must be doing something good, look at Belgium, well how did Belgium do in the World Cup? They didn’t win it, well if people think moyes, VG and Mourinho is the kind of management to take advice from well he will join the last three managers and that is the sack. Not everyone deserves a chance, and the deadwood have had their chance and most of them are old, the next manager does this they will also lose their job because they didn’t have a ruthless aggression streak, it is time. It’s like keeping the 2003/04 flops, can you imagine if miller, djemba x2, kleberson, Bellion, Smith, Richardson, to name a few were kept around 7 to 8 years, that is where I rate young, Valencia, Jones, matic, fellaini and lukaku, they the kind of players that should be either in mediocre PL clubs or the MLS. If we building a side to challenge, it’s time to add a ruthless streak
Don't know what is is with the club, sometimes I think they think it makes then seem more loyal if they are willing to carry the deadwood for ex amount of years regardlerss of injuries.
Each player deserves a chance (but only to certain extent) if they cant cut the mustard or are too injury prone after X amount of time, then we should move on. We should only have players here who are capable of being decent United players, we shouldn't settle for mediocre at all.

Your last sentence in bold sums everything up perfect mate.

Last edited:

Oneunited26

Don't know what is is with the club, sometimes I think they think it makes then seem more loyal if they are willing to carry the deadwood for ex amount of years regardlerss of injuries.
Each player deserves a chance (but only to certain extent) if they cant cut the mustard or are too injury prone after X amount of time, then we should move on. We should only have players here who are capable of being decent United players, we shouldn't settle for mediocre at all.

Your last sentence in bold sums everything up perfect mate.
Exactly you summed it up

Young matic and fellaini should not be playing ahead of pogba, delot and Fred, if even Herrera. The game is faster, quicker and athletic, and these players are all outdated much like VG, moyes and Jose. young, matic and fellaini are all age total 92 years old, delot, Fred and pogba age total half that. If people want to go on about oh fellaini he’s a good squad player, NO NO NO, do people like us playing with 10, 9 or 8 men? When we see young, matic, fellaini continue to get games, when our number 9 has a first touch of a brick wall, when smalling’s inability to pass from the back, it’s why he can’t get in the England side he can’t pass from the back. People asking why ae we are so so bad? well managers need to stop picking Valencia, young, darmian, Jones, matic, fellaini and lukaku, even smalling, well do that and that’s phase 2 of many problems solved. But until managers and the club get everything in order and dump this deadwood, what do they say in politics? drain the swamp, well those players are the blockage of this swamp, keep picking them and we will get the same results, it’s simple

Eric's Seagull

Exactly you summed it up

Young matic and fellaini should not be playing ahead of pogba, delot and Fred, if even Herrera. The game is faster, quicker and athletic, and these players are all outdated much like VG, moyes and Jose. young, matic and fellaini are all age total 92 years old, delot, Fred and pogba age total half that. If people want to go on about oh fellaini he’s a good squad player, NO NO NO, do people like us playing with 10, 9 or 8 men? When we see young, matic, fellaini continue to get games, when our number 9 has a first touch of a brick wall, when smalling’s inability to pass from the back, it’s why he can’t get in the England side he can’t pass from the back. People asking why ae we are so so bad? well managers need to stop picking Valencia, young, darmian, Jones, matic, fellaini and lukaku, even smalling, well do that and that’s phase 2 of many problems solved. But until managers and the club get everything in order and dump this deadwood, what do they say in politics? drain the swamp, well those players are the blockage of this swamp, keep picking them and we will get the same results, it’s simple
It comes to something mate when Smalling is arguably our best defender, when he can justabout hoof a horse :lol: let alone get a decent pass out of the box on target.
Whilst Matic is auditioning for plodder of the year competition he is disrupting the flow of our attacks because his distribution is so slow, he is arguably (age wise) right in the middle of his prime and should be able to get about at least semi-decent for a full 90. I think he needs to go, maybe now he wont play every game and start putting in some decent performances (which I doubt).
Valencia cant get back anymore after he puts in his shin biter of a cross:(.

Dump the sh!t whatever it costs as we are richest club in world:devil:. Bring through the youth which seem to be promising, get in a few hungry players and build from there mate.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
In the summer I think that Grant, Young, Valencia, Jones, Matic, Fellaini, Lukaku and Rojo could be on their way. We will have J. Pereira, Henderson, TFM, Tuanzebe and Mitchell back, with Chong, Garner, Gomes, Laird and possibly Greenwood promoted from the academy, defenders Dalot, Smalling, Baillie, Lindelöf, Shaw, midfield Fred, Herrera, A. Pereira, Pogba, Mata, McTominay, Lingard, forwards Rashford, Martial, Sanchez.

Eric's Seagull

In the summer I think that Grant, Young, Valencia, Jones, Matic, Fellaini, Lukaku and Rojo could be on their way. We will have J. Pereira, Henderson, TFM, Tuanzebe and Mitchell back, with Chong, Garner, Gomes, Laird and possibly Greenwood promoted from the academy, defenders Dalot, Smalling, Baillie, Lindelöf, Shaw, midfield Fred, Herrera, A. Pereira, Pogba, Mata, McTominay, Lingard, forwards Rashford, Martial, Sanchez.
Very promising foundations for our resurgence as a true European Superpower mate. Yesss

Habs

I'd get rid of Pogba, Sanchez, Jones, Darmian, Valencia, Young, Lingard, Fellaini, Rojo, Smalling. First two as I dont think they're the right fit for us, the rest are just rubbish

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
I would let everyone have a fresh start and freeze out no-one.

We've been trying to get rid of Darmian and Rojo for a when - unfortunately we haven't had any bites. Hopefully those will go, and then we have quite a few players out of contract in the summer.

Herrera and Mata will be interesting - neither are first team players, both contribute, but it's debatable whether we should give them a new contract.

breakout67

Supports
Man City
We've been trying to get rid of Darmian and Rojo for a when - unfortunately we haven't had any bites. Hopefully those will go, and then we have quite a few players out of contract in the summer.

Herrera and Mata will be interesting - neither are first team players, both contribute, but it's debatable whether we should give them a new contract.
Seria A clubs were lining up to get Darmian on a loan with obligation to buy for £10-15m, but the club wanted £19m or something like that.

Saying we've been trying to get rid of Rojo is a stretch, we gave him a 2 year extension when we could have sold him this summer.

Sterling Archer

Meh just would much rather see Martial and Rashford play and buy a genuine winger. Nothing to do with age, just looks knackered even after a rest this summer. I'm really not sure he can ever return to his earlier form

Oneunited26

It comes to something mate when Smalling is arguably our best defender, when he can justabout hoof a horse :lol: let alone get a decent pass out of the box on target.
Whilst Matic is auditioning for plodder of the year competition he is disrupting the flow of our attacks because his distribution is so slow, he is arguably (age wise) right in the middle of his prime and should be able to get about at least semi-decent for a full 90. I think he needs to go, maybe now he wont play every game and start putting in some decent performances (which I doubt).
Valencia cant get back anymore after he puts in his shin biter of a cross:(.

Dump the sh!t whatever it costs as we are richest club in world:devil:. Bring through the youth which seem to be promising, get in a few hungry players and build from there mate.
Oh it does a huge worry there when he’s our best defender and even Southgate does not rate him, he couldn’t pass his way out of a paper bag

Matic and fellaini both are a bit outdated, they both share the same problems, none of them can pass forward, distribution none existent, none of them are able to press the ball which you need in the modern PL everyone is doing it. So when none of them press, none of them can pass forward and fast, and they don’t create, that’s a big problem. Oh yes our full backs were not even getting involved, leaving our wingers and front man stranded. We had players on the bench who can do this job, but he refused to pick them because they were not in his little clique, that’s school yard days which borderlines raising the club to the ground, that’s how suicidal Jose Mourinho’s second half and third seasons had become

What failed Jose mourinho was not just his very slow approach, look at the spine Jose was lining up, which is the most inept clueless teams any manager can pick that relegation battle fodder bad

Smalling
Matic fellaini
Lukaku

So three phases of play
Phase 1 - our number 4 can’t pass from the back

Phase 2 - our number 6 and 8 not only dont move the ball quickly, they don’t pass more than five yards, they don’t press, no do they look to even help our wingers and front man

Phase 3 - our number 9 not only has a first touch of a brick wall, he was not even pressing or running the channels.

So Jose had our spine set up where 4 key players of that spine he was picking were so ill equipped for the PL together, it’s a shock we are not 15th, that’s how suicidal he had that team set up.

Last edited:

Eric's Seagull

Had a debate with my mate the other day and he was convinced Matic and Fellaini should be in our starting 11, told him I din't want them due to to distribution and their ability to pass forward well. I don't like that they wait for the opposition to come at them and then they get done for pace.
That's is why although Herrera is limited I would have in there instead, Jose should have been intelligent to see this and rectify it. I hope Solskjaer fixes this problem. You cant play the modern game with 2 plodders. The strange thing with Jose was that he was always on about rectifying the spine of his team but his signings were mediocre lets hope they play better now that he's has gone.

Sometimes he seems pretty clueless with his spine of Smalling, Matic, Fellaini, Lukaku and I cant understand how he thinks that is even adequte for the modern game. He crying about playing from the back when he has hoofball player, two centre-mids who are virtually static and a forward who doesn't score at home for 19 or whatever it was games.

I cant understand how Lukaku goes from 25 league goals at Everton to 16 for us the following season, I though by being surrounded by better quality players he would be scoring low to mid thirties in League.

Thankfully the 'Toxic one' has gone and we will hopefully play better but at the end season we need to sort spine of team out and prepare for a possible mass clear out mate.

red woppit

Supports
Northampton Town
Forgot Darmian to go also.

RedNed77

This!

I'd give the players a chance - depends on the system we go with. Even Lukaku could thrive if he gets more agile and surrounded by attacking talent
Can I ask what the issue is with Sbragia and why people seem to hate him so much, is this an "in joke" i've missed out on?

RedNed77

And people saying they want Smalling out in the first wave of departees :houllier:. He's our best, most consistent and least injury prone defender. Replace him by all means if we can get better, but there are 5 other centre halves that need to be shown the door before we get to him.

Loony BoB

100% agree about Smalling, can we keep our one reliable CB? He might not be world class but he's certainly the one I feel safest with, the others are very up and down or just injured.

BigRon1985

Pogba for me - his attitude sucks! He seems to think he’s bigger than the club which is unacceptable. SAF would have had him out the club so fast his feet wouldn’t touch the ground and unless his performances dramatically improve now the excuse of Mourinho has gone then he can join him - the sooner the better!

All the under-achievers at the club are now under unbelievable pressure to perform - what’s the old saying “be careful what you wish for!”

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
One thing he said was everyone will get a chance. I wish that weren't true. This is an opportunity to prepare for the next season. Some guys have proven not to be Man Utd players. I hope we offload as many as possible in January.
Outside of the injury prone and older players, basically Young, Valencia, Jones, Fellaini and Rojo who are the players that you are targeting?

I will be honest with you, I believe that most of our players have been used in roles that didn't suit them at all. I don't think that people realize how crucial that is, @kouroux will agree with it but Ancelotti turned Matuidi's career to a ridiculous extent by simply moving him from DM to B2B, by reading the caf I'm pretty sure that a lot of posters would think that it's a meaningless move but that move was based on Matuidi's actual abilities, it put him in a position where his qualities where put forward and his weaknesses hidden and he went from subpar to very good in a short time.

Unam333

Boss Solskjaer is correct: everybody starts with a clean slate. The players need to impress him and play for the badge. However, I do wonder how much influence Solskjaer will have on transfers in the next transfer window and shipping out players. I think none.

kouroux

45k posts to finally achieve this tagline
Outside of the injury prone and older players, basically Young, Valencia, Jones, Fellaini and Rojo who are the players that you are targeting?

I will be honest with you, I believe that most of our players have been used in roles that didn't suit them at all. I don't think that people realize how crucial that is, @kouroux will agree with it but Ancelotti turned Matuidi's career to a ridiculous extent by simply moving him from DM to B2B, by reading the caf I'm pretty sure that a lot of posters would think that it's a meaningless move but that move was based on Matuidi's actual abilities, it put him in a position where his qualities where put forward and his weaknesses hidden and he went from subpar to very good in a short time.
Too right. A simple switch + a manager to boost his confidence can make wonders for a player

Litch

Depends if we sign anyone in Jan. If we sign a CB, someone like Jones could be picked by a club challenging to come up. Might be great signing for say the Villa?

Infra-red

Sanchez, Pogba and Martial will surely all be gone before next season. I'd also expect Jones and Rojo to be shown the door and probably Darmian.

sun_tzu

The Art of Bore
I doubt Ole will be given much freedom with players contracts (buying or selling) and ultimately it will be down to the new DOF and next manager to make decisions balancing what players they feel dont fit their vision with also making sure there are not too many changes that cause too much squad disruption... an added complication being that depending who the new manager is and if we qualify for CL football or not (and lets be honest not qualifying is looking the most likely) there might be some players looking to leave that we would want to keep.

Players who might push to go?
De Gea
Pogba
Martial
Sanchez

Players who might be surplus?
Mata
Herera
Fellaini
Pereira
Mctominy
TFM
Young
Valencia
Darmain
Rojo

Lindeloff
Jones
Romero

Id guess no more than 4/5 of that lot will end up leaving and the ones in bold would be my guess

Fellaini - I think hes just too cosle associated with Jose and that horrible football
Mctominy - Im not sure another manager will give him the games plus will be of an age where he takes up a squad place
Darmain - unless a new manager sees him as a first team player then no reaso for him to stay
Rojo - I just think we will bring in a new CB at some point and then at least one of the existing ones has to go - lindeloff and bailly will probably be given time under a new manager to see if they can fulfil their potential and Jones and Smalling being homegrown are probably safe - so by process of elimiation I think Rojo will go

On top of that with no CL football we might loose one of the other players - possibly Pogba if Zidane is not the manager and hes offered similar money to play somewhere else?

kundalini

Can I ask what the issue is with Sbragia and why people seem to hate him so much, is this an "in joke" i've missed out on?
Over the years United have tended to finish top or near the top of the U23/U21/reserves league. When Warren Joyce left, the quality of the U23 squad appeared relatively modest compared to previous seasons and Nicky Butt struggled as a caretaker manager with the team finishing 6th. When Sbragia took over, the talent pipeline from the U18s seemed to have improved, the U18s were playing exciting football, scoring lots of goals and back to winning matches under McKenna, finishing 2nd in 2016/17.

Sbragia, adopting a cautious line-up favouring hard working midfielders over more technically gifted alternatives, saw his U23 squad get relegated, having struggled to score and conceding far too many goals. He chose to select a couple of players that returned to the club in the Jan transfer window after failed loan spells. Of the younger players who moved up from the U18s after Christmas, only Tahith Chong impressed during the spring.

This season, now in the lower U23 PL division, results have been better, top of the table having played one game more than the 2nd placed side, though the team still scores at a lower rate than you would expect (6th best on goals scored out of 12 teams), with much of the success down to a sold defence, featuring two central defenders that probably should be out on loan for their own benefit, given Regan Poole played last season on loan in League One, while Ro-Shaun Williams had already made about 40 starts for our U23s prior to the start of this season.

How much of the blame is really down to Sbragia, and how much is players struggling with the step up from the U18s, is an open question. Some contributors on here are concerned that Sbragia isn't helping the development of those players that might be future first team players.

Last edited:

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt

I meant guys like Rojo, Jones Damian, Valencia Young etc as you say. I think we need to move on from these players.
Some of them aren't playing badly bit utfeel we need to take a conscious decision to advance the squad toward a more dynamic/technical side .