Why are some of you happy that we have lost tonight?

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
Not to forget how Ole used to say "We are Manchester United. We go into all competitions to win" till last year. This year is "We gave it a good go"
Ole picked a team that should have won last night, especially given he and everyone else anticipated a West Ham second XI. As much as he put a brave face on it, he will have been very disappointed to have gone out. No part of him will have taken any silver lining from the loss, and he won’t just shrug off a rival potentially winning it. He’s not Poch in that regard. He has put a lot of effort into winning the various cups, despite some of his comments when trying to brush off falling short.

He knows that his job, if he is to truly succeed, is to make Manchester United the #1 dominant team in England again. Wherever he is indeed capable of that is another matter entirely.

GazTheLegend

Ole picked a team that should have won last night, especially given he and everyone else anticipated a West Ham second XI. As much as he put a brave face on it, he will have been very disappointed to have gone out. No part of him will have taken any silver lining from the loss, and he won’t just shrug off a rival potentially winning it. He’s not Poch in that regard. He has put a lot of effort into winning the various cups, despite some of his comments when trying to brush off falling short.

He knows that his job, if he is to truly succeed, is to make Manchester United the #1 dominant team in England again. Wherever he is indeed capable of that is another matter entirely.
That's probably the best rebuttal to my argument as such as it was I've seen, to be fair, and you make some great points. But I still find it harsh and a little bit silly to be so hard on one teams reserves losing to another, unless you want to quibble about which reserves should have been picked or whatever, and most people I know that went to OT have spent the entire day complaining about Martial, so there's that.

Chesterlestreet

Man of the crowd
We have as much depth as City.
That's debatable - but sure, let's say we - finally - have fairly good squad depth, at least up front, now: that wasn't the case until very recently.

Remember, I was commenting on why Pep's City have dominated the tournament over the last 4-5 seasons.

BorisManUtd

Don't care about Carabao cup, don't want to see us losing to City in semis again. Bad thing about getting knocked out is the fact that some players won't have many chances to play. Rashford is also coming back in October so that may mean less playing time for Sancho.

SungSam7

Competitions that matter?

The League Cup has been a joke for years and even the FA Cup is going that way.

What competitions are we really realistically going to win then? CL? Forget it, Premier League? Forget it! Only way we win the PL is if we do a Leicester City and take advantage of how bad the "top 6" and that was a 1 in a life time opportunity. We are in a position right now were we can not even stick our nose up to a pre season trophy ffs!

Skills

Snitch
What competitions are we really realistically going to win then? CL? Forget it, Premier League? Forget it! Only way we win the PL is if we do a Leicester City and take advantage of how bad the "top 6" and that was a 1 in a life time opportunity. We are in a position right now were we can not even stick our nose up to a pre season trophy ffs!
Arguably we had that opportunity last season. City finished comfortably because there was never any legitimate threat from us. Our own manager gave up at January when we were sitting top

Pavl3n

I am happy that we lost because it helps me to come to terms with the fact that Ole is inept to deliver in key moments. Romance evaporated and reality just kicked in. We were humiliated by Aston Villa at home.
This game made me feel the way I felt when we lost to Sevilla, the way I felt when West Ham beat us on their last game at the Boleyn, the way I felt when Liverpool beat us before Mourinho got sacked.
All along I was Ole IN. For the romance. Because of the progress we've made, which is undeniable. But whenever pressure built up to deliver, we performed like an invertebrate.
And he'll be all smiles in his post match conference. Saying how well we played. When actually we were pure shit. Maguire couldn't string 2 passes. We were lucky not to be 2:0 down at half time.

It's time for the 'Ole sack watch' thread.