Why are we dropping the standards for Ole?

AshRK

Why sack moyes, lvg, jose then?
But a time has to come when people like you must realise now it is beyond the manager and the problem lies somewhere else. It is just like in a company if you fire 4 managers for lack of profit, you ultimately have to question the director and wonder if he knows his job properly.

romufc

Why sack moyes, lvg, jose then?
Moyes was the first - realised it was a mistake
LVG - had a year left and Jose (serial winner) was available so you have to go for him
Jose - Was not the intention to sack him as proved by the contract renewal but, starting to fall out with players.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
But a time has to come when people like you must realise now it is beyond the manager and the problem lies somewhere else. It is just like in a company if you fire 4 managers for lack of profit, you ultimately have to question the director and wonder if he knows his job properly.
Why not. We sack alot until we find our fergie. Liverpool too. Hotspur too. Chelsea ditto. Madrid barcelona. Psg.

Teams with solid director of football too stil sack coaches. Name any club with a solid board that doesnt sack coaches every few years.

Rafaeldagold

I think the fans standards have dropped- if it wasn’t ole surely we’d be calling for him to be sacked. Leicester will probably be favourites against us due to unbelievable poor transfer management & just team management in general.

Most want him to stay though so they better not moan when we have an average season

alexanderplatz

One thing I would say here is that the results are fairly consistent across all post Fergie managers-underwhelming against lower quality opposition and very inconsistent. We change the managers and it remains the same. Can anyone really say the players that have been removed didn’t deserve to be shifted? AWB Maguire and James have all been good signings imo, I think Ole would have been a great DoF for us in fairness. As it is he is the manager and I believe he is doing good work behind the scenes and will at least leave this club in a better state than he found it in, after many years we are finally in a proper transition and it is good to see. Not saying we couldn’t be better on the pitch but if some bad results are the price we pay for realignment of goals/culture/style etc then I am completely fine with that. Can understand why others would not be but i think we have seen that trying to get instant results has caused us a lot of problems.

ArjenIsM3

One thing I would say here is that the results are fairly consistent across all post Fergie managers-underwhelming against lower quality opposition and very inconsistent. We change the managers and it remains the same. Can anyone really say the players that have been removed didn’t deserve to be shifted? AWB Maguire and James have all been good signings imo, I think Ole would have been a great DoF for us in fairness. As it is he is the manager and I believe he is doing good work behind the scenes and will at least leave this club in a better state than he found it in, after many years we are finally in a proper transition and it is good to see. Not saying we couldn’t be better on the pitch but if some bad results are the price we pay for realignment of goals/culture/style etc then I am completely fine with that. Can understand why others would not be but i think we have seen that trying to get instant results has caused us a lot of problems.
Good post and you're absolutely right. Just a shame others are only looking to blame someone for the mess we're in and can't think straight anymore.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
Why not. We sack alot until we find our fergie. Liverpool too. Hotspur too. Chelsea ditto. Madrid barcelona. Psg.

Teams with solid director of football too stil sack coaches. Name any club with a solid board that doesnt sack coaches every few years.
Those examples all have excellent squads. We clearly don't.

Chelsea, Madrid, Barcelona and PSG have maintained top level squads allowing them to change managers with little change to performance level.

With Liverpool and Spurs you are making the assumption their rise has been all down to the managers. Read up on how Liverpool have the best in class analysis and recruitment department in particular, its not all down to Klopp.

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
The board and Ed know they have wasted almost a billion in (mostly) failed signings for Moyes, Van Gaal and Mou in the 2013-2018 era.

This summer they have spent good money on a much needed CB and RB, but they consider the rest of the squad is good enough to secure the 4th place. Which is debatable since City, Pool, Spurs and even Arsenal have better squads. Not sure about current Chelsea. The fight for the 3rd-4th places will be a bitter battle like 2018-2019.

Anyway, no "pressure" for Ole. He will be here by Aug 2020 if he finishes 4th and/or wins the EL.

Shark

@NotShark
The board and Ed know they have wasted almost a billion in (mostly) failed signings for Moyes, Van Gaal and Mou in the 2013-2018 era.

This summer they have spent good money on a much needed CB and RB, but they consider the rest of the squad is good enough to secure the 4th place. Which is debatable since City, Pool, Spurs and even Arsenal have better squads. Not sure about current Chelsea. The fight for the 3rd-4th places will be a bitter battle like 2018-2019.

Anyway, no "pressure" for Ole. He will be here by Aug 2020 if he finishes 4th and/or wins the EL.
You honestly believe there's no pressure on Ole, to finish 4th? we will be fielding a team tomorrow that's of lower quality to Leicester and with our strongest 11 we've only managed to gain 5 points from our first 4 games, mostly against lower teams. I honestly don't understand how you can remain positive about any chances of a positive season.

Last edited:

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
Ole is taking one for for the fans. This season is going to go so badly it may end up with the club being flogged (I hope).

Ole will always be a legend for me no matter how badly he does as manager. This isn't his fault one bit.

Alabaster Codify7

It's funny because what actually happens, here?

If the fans decide that they are not going to turn on Ole, even if we're 14th in the table, where do they vent their anger?

Because I can definitely see a scenario where season tickets get fully renewed even with us finishing 10th-14th in the league because fans dont want to turn on 'one of their own'. But who wins in that scenario? Yep, we know the answer.

The only way we solve the problem at this football club is if the fans revolt in some way and unfortunately guys, this might mean showing some level of dissatisfaction towards the dogshit on the pitch and the dugout and boycotting games and the coming 20/21 season.

ash_86

It's funny because what actually happens, here?

If the fans decide that they are not going to turn on Ole, even if we're 14th in the table, where do they vent their anger?

Because I can definitely see a scenario where season tickets get fully renewed even with us finishing 10th-14th in the league because fans dont want to turn on 'one of their own'. But who wins in that scenario? Yep, we know the answer.

The only way we solve the problem at this football club is if the fans revolt in some way and unfortunately guys, this might mean showing some level of dissatisfaction towards the dogshit on the pitch and the dugout and boycotting games and the coming 20/21 season.
Direct it at Ed. He's the one making these horrendous decisions year after year.

fergiesarmy1

Ole is taking one for for the fans. This season is going to go so badly it may end up with the club being flogged (I hope).

Ole will always be a legend for me no matter how badly he does as manager. This isn't his fault one bit.
I bet the other 19 managers in the league can’t believe how weak our squad is and are probably laughing between themselves.

AshRK

Do you even realise this hit and miss approach is a very unstable one and could do us more harm. You are saying keep sacking the manager and that will eventually yield a good result, what others (or many) are saying sack manager but have a proper structure in place. Why appoint a possession based manager in Lvg and replace him with a totally different style of a manager. Why offer Jose an extension only to refuse to back him 4 months after. WHy offer Ole a contract when we could have waited till season end. These are some school boy mistakes which a top organisation should not be making.

We might end up having successful period but it will be unstable unless we decides to have a proper structure. A financial person making footballing decision will only lead to more downfall.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
You honestly believe there's no pressure on Ole, to finish 4th? we will be fielding a team tomorrow that's of lower quality to Leicester and with our strongest 11 we've only managed to gain 5 points from our first 4 games, mostly against lower teams. I honestly don't understand how you can remain positive about any chances of a positive season.
That we'll be fielding a side that everyone knows isn't as good as Leicester's is exactly why he shouldn't be under pressure.

Sky1981

Fending off the urge
Do you even realise this hit and miss approach is a very unstable one and could do us more harm. You are saying keep sacking the manager and that will eventually yield a good result, what others (or many) are saying sack manager but have a proper structure in place. Why appoint a possession based manager in Lvg and replace him with a totally different style of a manager. Why offer Jose an extension only to refuse to back him 4 months after. WHy offer Ole a contract when we could have waited till season end. These are some school boy mistakes which a top organisation should not be making.

We might end up having successful period but it will be unstable unless we decides to have a proper structure. A financial person making footballing decision will only lead to more downfall.
What is a structure? Keep on hearing about this. What is it actually?

Casanova85

Supports
Cruyff/SAF
Oh really? Other than Vardy, nah.

Amerifan

I think the fans standards have dropped- if it wasn’t ole surely we’d be calling for him to be sacked. Leicester will probably be favourites against us due to unbelievable poor transfer management & just team management in general.

Most want him to stay though so they better not moan when we have an average season
Sacked 4 games into the season because we missed 2 PKs that cost us 4 points?

Rafaeldagold

Sacked 4 games into the season because we missed 2 PKs that cost us 4 points?
No sacked for not just dreadful start to this season but end to last.
No progress being shown- shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place. No experience apart from a relegation to his name.
A terrible transfer window where we’ve got a thinner squad with less quality which is either what Ole wanted or he hasn’t pushed enough to get what we need.

It’s an absolute joke we’re in this mess & yet some want Ole to stay just because we have issues elsewhere too..that logic is baffling. If anything we NEED a proven, decent manager more than we ever have

fergiesarmy1

No progress being shown- shouldn’t have been appointed in the first place. No experience apart from a relegation to his name.
A terrible transfer window where we’ve got a thinner squad with less quality which is either what Ole wanted or he hasn’t pushed enough to get what we need.

It’s an absolute joke we’re in this mess & yet some want Ole to stay just because we have issues elsewhere too..that logic is baffling. If anything we NEED a proven, decent manager more than we ever have
Yet we are playing better football and should have at least 4 more points on the board if not for mistakes from the players and refs.

AshRK

I never understand how can some blame him for the board's incompetence. Like what do you even mean b y he hasn't pushed. Did you want him to do a Jose and start moaning , whining and giving more unnecessary news to the media and cause more unrest.

Yes the results have not been great and one can even question his game management but to question or criticise him for not pushing the board for transfers is lame.

AshRK

What is a structure? Keep on hearing about this. What is it actually?
A structure where there is a proper planning on how to run the club. Are you happy with some of the decision our Board have taken since sir alex retired. If you want to know more about how a club should run, just look at Manchester City. The way they are run, I bet they would know who to appoint once Pep leaves. Meanwhile we will just keep on sacking managers in hope of finding something correct. Good luck with that method.

Amerifan

We make 2 PKs and are 3rd on 9 points. No one is complaining.
We miss 2 PKs and are on 5 points. Ole needs to be sacked.

We desperately need a new match to talk about...

Rafaeldagold

Yet we are playing better football and should have at least 4 more points on the board if not for mistakes from the players and refs.
If if if. I’m glad LVG & Jose got this much leeway.

And for the last time it’s not just this season but end of last seasons awful run of form .

People are deluded I swear- we deserve nothing if we have no ambition

Rafaeldagold

I never understand how can some blame him for the board's incompetence. Like what do you even mean b y he hasn't pushed. Did you want him to do a Jose and start moaning , whining and giving more unnecessary news to the media and cause more unrest.

Yes the results have not been great and one can even question his game management but to question or criticise him for not pushing the board for transfers is lame.
It’s quite simple- either Ole agrees with the transfer policy- in which case he’s wholly incompetent.

Or he doesn’t but is overseeing us getting weaker- which is also terrible. He should have been very very strong with what we needed, have the board a list of targets we needed especially if Herrera & Lukaku left. Then said he’d walk I’d he didn’t get it for his own integrity’s sake.

Of course he wouldn’t do that as he’s just grateful to be there so won’t cause a fuss. It’s weak management

AshRK

It’s quite simple- either Ole agrees with the transfer policy- in which case he’s wholly incompetent.

Or he doesn’t but is overseeing us getting weaker- which is also terrible. He should have been very very strong with what we needed, have the board a list of targets we needed especially if Herrera & Lukaku left. Then said he’d walk I’d he didn’t get it for his own integrity’s sake.

Of course he wouldn’t do that as he’s just grateful to be there so won’t cause a fuss. It’s weak management
But how do you know he did not ask for replacements for Lukaku and Herrera,especially when he openly said he wanted them replaced. Like I said in one of my posts above, he had two choices either to create a fuss and do a jose or just work with what he has, he is choosing the latter and I don't blame him for that. It's very funny how we fans became critical of Jose once he started moaning about the transfers last season but now want Ole to do the same.

Rafaeldagold

We make 2 PKs and are 3rd on 9 points. No one is complaining.
We miss 2 PKs and are on 5 points. Ole needs to be sacked.

We desperately need a new match to talk about...
I mean I already told you it’s not just this season but end to last.

We’re getting worse under Ole, squad is worse but ok - guess things are actually great

Rafaeldagold

But how do you know he did not ask for replacements for Lukaku and Herrera,especially when he openly said he wanted them replaced. Like I said in one of my posts above, he had two choices either to create a fuss and do a jose or just work with what he has, he is choosing the latter and I don't blame him for that. It's very funny how we fans became critical of Jose once he started moaning about the transfers last season but now want Ole to do the same.
I didn’t blame Jose- I’m glad we had a manager sticking up for getting the best squad we can & trying to improve us & putting us back on top.

Yeh If Ole didn’t agree he should’ve caused a fuss & left, he didn’t & here we are. With a worse squad than last season & a very average manager.

Why are you praising Ole for being weak? I just don’t get it. We deserve so much more & a strong manager who’s got a plan & willing to fight for the club to improve the squad. He’s overseen us getting weaker & for what??

To stay a few more months before the inevitable sacking.

AshRK

I didn’t blame Jose- I’m glad we had a manager sticking up for getting the best squad we can & trying to improve us & putting u back on top.

Yeh I’d Ole didn’t agree he should’ve caused a fuss & left, he didn’t & here we are. With a worse squad than last season & a very average manager.

Why are you pressing Ole for being weak? I just don’t get it. We deserve so much more & a strong manager who’s got a plan & willing to fight for the club to improve the squad. He’s overseen us getting weaker & for what??

To stay a few more months before the inevitable sacking.
And how did it go for Jose by creating fuss. So a person is weak if he doesn't moan or fuss, wow thats a first time I have heard something like that. Maybe you must have enjoyed the dross Jose was producing last season.

Rafaeldagold

And how did it go for Jose by creating fuss. So a person is weak if he doesn't moan or fuss, wow thats a first time I have heard something like that. Maybe you must have enjoyed the dross Jose was producing last season.
Trust me Jose will get a big job & a winning team soon. We’re the problem not him.

Well yes of course yes weak for not pushing for a better transfer window where we’ve regressed in quality? What would you call it?

If he didn’t like direction club was going then on principle resign not go along with it. He’ll end up getting sacked anyway as we have an awful squad

Amerifan

I mean I already told you it’s not just this season but end to last.

We’re getting worse under Ole, squad is worse but ok - guess things are actually great
Last 4 games of last season: 0-2-2
First 4 games of this season: 1-2-1

Improvement.

What’s the point of this. We’re 4 games into the season. Like I said, we really need something new to talk about...

AshRK

Trust me Jose will get a big job & a winning team soon. We’re the problem not him.

Well yes of course yes weak for not pushing for a better transfer window where we’ve regressed in quality? What would you call it?

If he didn’t like direction club was going then on principle resign not go along with it. He’ll end up getting sacked anyway as we have an awful squad
How would him quitting and running away from the problem make him a stronger person. Your frustration should lie more towards the board than some manager. Trust me if sacking managers would have solved our problem we would have been sitting with City and Liverpool. LvG, Jose, Ole are just part of the problem but the real issue lies somewhere else. Either the board needs to be truly lucky and the next manager miraculously solves all our issue or we will just be rotating in the same cycle.

Rafaeldagold

Last 4 games of last season: 0-2-2
First 4 games of this season: 1-2-1

Improvement.

What’s the point of this. We’re 4 games into the season. Like I said, we really need something new to talk about...
Improvement since he’s arrived. We haven’t. We’ve regressed.

If you want to keep thinking we’re great then carry on. We deserve an average season if no one can be bothered to cause a fuss over this

Amerifan

Improvement since he’s arrived. We haven’t. We’ve regressed.

If you want to keep thinking we’re great then carry on. We deserve an average season if no one can be bothered to cause a fuss over this
I think things are a long way from great. But I believe we’re making the first steps of moving in the right direction. Players who want to be here, freed up budget for new players, and a young manager who loves United. If the players are happy, the club invests, and Ole grows along with the team, we’ve really got something. I’m not wise enough to know if that will happen. While I prefer to believe it will get better, I get why others are skeptical.

NJM78

So will Ole improve on his 25% win rate tomorrow. Apparently we can only judge Ole from this season, however
form in league is usually based on previous 6 games, which makes it even worse. Ours reads as P6 W1 D2 L3.

It’s a shambles and I don’t care about rebuild or a poor window, Ole cannot not take a large portion of the blame for this.

Also Ole telling the presser that Greenwood is the reason we didn’t buy a striker and that he is the best finisher at club, why the feck is he not starting then with the injuries we have? If we win games then Ole can tell me to shut the feck up but we are not and if we lose again (or even draw) tomorrow after he goes with “experience”, I think a bigger majority of fans will slowly start to lose patience with him.

Last edited:

Greck

Tomorrow's squad is basically maimed so a victory will be tough to pull. Then again we lost to inferior teams with a full squad. When you lose winnable games you put pressure on yourself to win loseable games. The results have to come from somewhere if he's to raise his wretched win percentage. We haven't even gotten to playing the better top 6 teams

Lee565

Dont see why he wouldnt take most of the blame, the club wasnt forcing him to get rid of lukaku and the club were happy to swap him for dybala and not just trying to bank the money, he was more interested in buying British like James, bissaka, Maguire and Longstaff when there were some good cheap deals out there happening, plus good free agents and loan deals to be had if we were truly hard up.

fergiesarmy1

If if if. I’m glad LVG & Jose got this much leeway.

And for the last time it’s not just this season but end of last seasons awful run of form .

People are deluded I swear- we deserve nothing if we have no ambition
So you’d rather LVG or Jose were still here?

There are signs of progress albeit a squad so light attacking wise it gives me the shivers but that clown Woodward is responsible for that.

Ambition? Unless we do a city and replace every bum with another £50m player we are going to have to grow organically (ps I’m not one for patience but I see no other way with owners only interested in the bottom line, an incompetent CEO) and like you say an inexperienced manager but yeah let’s fire the guy we just hired that will solve everything.