Why are we playing 12:30pm on Saturday?

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Wasn't there a thing in the summer that if you're playing UCL on a Wednesday you're not then put on the 12:30pm KO the following Saturday?

Valar Morghulis

Supports
BBW
So I can stay up into the early hours on Friday night and then wake up just in time to watch McFred :drool:

charlenefan

I always thought you should be given a Sunday game but not sure if there was ever a set rule, Liverpool played Weds then 3pm Sat kick off last round.

Oh and this:
it was apparently a new directive brought in over the summer

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
Yeah what's going on with that?

Did a quick Google, could only find This article about it from May saying teams wouldn't have to play Saturday 12:30 if they've played Wednesday in the UCL.

There's no later articles about the initiative being scrapped - it's just happening seemingly under the radar.

Surely the club should complain.

I work on Saturdays as well, so I'm fecking sick of these 12:30 kick offs!

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff

Did a quick Google, could only find This article about it from May saying teams wouldn't have to play Saturday 12:30 if they've played Wednesday in the UCL.

There's no later articles about the initiative being scrapped - it's just happening seemingly under the radar.

Is the restriction just after away games?

charlenefan

Precisely why I started the thread. I can only think it's down to one of two reasons

1- it was announced as a 12:30pm game before the UCL fixtures were announced (not that that excuses why it hasn't been changed)
2- the new directive though not actually specified anywhere only applies if you're away from home in the UCL on a Wednesday

Some confirmation would be nice though

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff

Josh 76

I maybe wrong, but wasn’t the best result under Ole a 12.30pm on a Saturday against Everton last season, after the feck up in Turkey on the Wednesday night ?

Damien

Self-Aware RedCafe Database (and Admin)
Staff
Precisely why I started the thread. I can only think it's down to one of two reasons

1- it was announced as a 12:30pm game before the UCL fixtures were announced (not that that excuses why it hasn't been changed)
2- the new directive though not actually specified anywhere only applies if you're away from home in the UCL on a Wednesday

Some confirmation would be nice though
After reading up on various places, it was announced in conjunction with the new PL rights from 2022-2025 so I'm assuming it comes into effect next season and not this season but it isn't clear

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Doesn't mention it on here and Klopp was bitching after they lost a home game: https://www.liverpoolecho.co.uk/spo.../premier-league-ruke-klopp-liverpool-21399419

On the whole I can't find anything other than that mentioning a rule change and because utdreport don't bother posting source we can't see the specifics of this "official" change
Oh right, so it's unsubstantiated and seemingly bollocks, given Saturday's fixture. Can't imagine the Echo would use a Utd Report story without a source for a story, so you'd think it must've had some credence at some point.

EDIT: Next season would make sense, but be shit for the clubs

charlenefan

After reading up on various places, it was announced in conjunction with the new PL rights from 2022-2025 so I'm assuming it comes into effect next season and not this season but it isn't clear

lsd

The Oracle
Was it not because The Courteeners were playing at the cricket ground?

Hughie77

Hate the ko time. But it's the cost of tv money. And BT fecking things up.

Scarlett Dracarys

( . Y . )
I love early kick-offs.
12.30 is 20.30 pm here in (South) East Asia.
It's 7:30 am here which isn't good because I usually go to sleep at 3am or 4am. It's nothing that a strong cup of coffee can't fix but I'm grouchy for the rest of the day. If we lose I'm grouchy for a lot longer than a day.

TMDaines

Fun sponge.
I get the complaint if we had been away and travelled back, but not for playing in the UK.

Cloud7

Glad he’s calling them out on this. The governing bodies of English football never seem to be willing to do anything to make things better for the teams in Europe at all. You already know which teams are going to be in Europe when the fixture list is made. Give them as much time between the matches as you can. No reason to not do so.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
I'm all for it. Love when we play early on a Saturday.

SuperiorXI

It was a very hard game v.s. Villareal, in comparison Everton had a nice easy 2-0 win last Saturday at 3PM at home v.s. Norwich who are at the arse end of the league, no wins, 2 goals scored and absolutely woeful.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
it’s good to get the disappointment out of the way as early as possible on saturday. i hate willing there weekend away to get my fill of disappointment on a sunday afternoon.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
I like Saturday morning games. Though its dumb that we have that slot after playing Wednesday. We'll be fine (or at least, if we lose, I'm not having that as the excuse).

SATA

It’s ridiculous but at least we played at home against Villarreal and then stayed home for recovery minus the travelling till the Everton game. Hopefully the players can recover quicker. I also expect to see some fresh legs in the XI

RedDevilRoshi

Sorry there’s some sort of loss in transcript there. More like the team playing away from home on a Wednesday will not play on a Saturday 12.30pm kick off.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
it’s good to get the disappointment out of the way as early as possible on saturday. i hate willing there weekend away to get my fill of disappointment on a sunday afternoon.
I'd much rather only be disappointed late Sunday than be miserable the whole weekend cause we lost early Saturday. Lesser potential disappointment time is ideal.