Why are we putting up with the Glazers?

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Maybe look at the former owner. That’s a clue. You know the dodgy Russian bloke who allowed the club to operate in to debt and took the hit against himself?
Yes thats the reason they were able to retain the money they paid for Morata. Because the owner is dodgy. Thats the reason they have retained the money they spent on Bakayoko because dodgey owner. They have spent less money that us by the way

TheReligion

Abusive
Yes thats the reason they were able to retain the money they paid for Morata. Because the owner is dodgy. Thats the reason they have retained the money they spent on Bakayoko because dodgey owner. They have spent less money that us by the way
So you don’t see how having an owner that’s bank rolled the club from his own pocket for nearly 20 years, allowing it to run up massive debts in his name, has helped in anyway?

Right. As you are.

Cassidy

So you don’t see how having an owner that’s bank rolled the club from his own pocket for nearly 20 years, allowing it to run up massive debts in his name, has helped in anyway?

Right. As you are.
Where have I said that?

Its not relevant to the point being made since I was speaking about the footballing decision making.

United have spent more than Chelsea since Fergie left. So money available is not the difference maker. Chelsea have spent what they spent better its as simple as that.

We could say the same about City and their financial doping too. Doesnt change the fact the club is still run better because they have better people making footballing decisions.

The interesting thing about Chelsea is that actually they were much better run 5 years ago and the club started making poorer decisions when Emenalo left in my opinion, his role taken over by Romans lawyer (not a football person). Again strengthening the arguement that good football people is what makes clubs run well.

TheReligion

Abusive
Where have I said that?

Its not relevant to the point being made since I was speaking about the footballing decision making.

United have spent more than Chelsea since Fergie left. So money available is not the difference maker. Chelsea have spent what they spent better its as simple as that.

We could say the same about City and their financial doping too. Doesnt change the fact the club is still run better because they have better people making footballing decisions.

The interesting thing about Chelsea is that actually they were much better run 5 years ago and the club started making poorer decisions when Emenalo left in my opinion, his role taken over by Romans lawyer (not a football person). Again strengthening the arguement that good football people is what makes clubs run well.
Yeah you’re totally missing the point. It’s not just the money spent, Chelsea have been able to afford to leave expensive flops like Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zapacosta etc on loan for years and simply absorb the hit through Roman.

Other clubs have to persist with poor signings until they can get rid and then afford to replace. That hasn’t been the case with Chelsea. They can also afford to repeatedly sack and pay off failing coaches. Roman happy to absorb it all.

Cassidy

Yeah you’re totally missing the point. It’s not just the money spent, Chelsea have been able to afford to leave expensive flops like Drinkwater, Bakayoko, Zapacosta etc on loan for years and simply absorb the hit through Roman.

Other clubs have to persist with poor signings until they can get rid and then afford to replace. That hasn’t been the case with Chelsea. They can also afford to repeatedly sack and pay off failing coaches. Roman happy to absorb it all.
I think you’ll find aside from Drinkwater they have recouped transfer fees on those. Its the likes of Kepa where there money bags has come in to absorb costs.

These loans you speak of Chelsea usually charge goodfees. For instance Lukaku will take a pay cut and Chelsea will get paid a fee which will likely cover the amortised cost of his transfer for this coming season.

Where as United renew someone like Baillys contract and refuse to loan, sell or play him

TheReligion

Abusive
I think you’ll find aside from Drinkwater they have recouped transfer fees on those. Its the likes of Kepa where there money bags has come in to absorb costs.

These loans you speak of Chelsea usually charge goodfees. For instance Lukaku will take a pay cut and Chelsea will get paid a fee which will likely cover the amortised cost of his transfer for this coming season.

Where as United renew someone like Baillys contract and refuse to loan, sell or play him
Yeah you still don’t get it do you?

Tyrion

I just think most of our fans don't give a damn. As long as there are shiny new signings all will be forgiven.
This is the problem with most football fans. Newcastle and City fans are the same, though they're ignoring far worse. Basically if someone rich is paying for transfers, no questions are asked.

YSB99

Supports
Machester United FC
Yeah you still don’t get it do you?
It happens with other clubs but, Madrid don’t make more money than us give or take and have had loads of signings for decent sized fees not work out the last 10 years, Coentrao. Illaranendi, Jovic, Theo Hernandez, Kovacic, Cebellos, Hazard, they freeze them out and move them on is the difference and let them know they have no future at the club, while we’re still putting Luke Shaw in next seasons predicted line up

DeGea’sFeet

Surely to God, by now, there aren't any fans left naive enough to believe the Glazers have any other objective than to asset strip the club and line their pockets?
What has to happen before fans boycott the club or take action? Relegation?
And let’s face it most of the fan base are pretty naive and easily appeased. And more often they want things that are actually detrimental to the club.

Perfect example. The board/glazers show some sense and refuse to pay £120m for sancho and fans start with the Glazer out hashtags. When the board acted like mugs and paid £85m for Maguire no glazer out , no complaints and anti glazer sentiment drops and just talk of “what a great window” anyone who pointed out that it wasn’t was called a doom merchant.

And that’s the problem. We could sign Neymar this summer, and no CDM, no CB, no ST and many people will be happy.

DeGea’sFeet

That’s exactly the point I’m making. This isn’t true. I bet FSG couldn’t give a feck whether Liverpool win stuff same as the Glazers. Their net spend is nowhere near the Glazers. They just happened to have stumbled across the right manager. Before that they were beyond shit, in a much worse state than we could dream.
You don’t just stumble on Klopp. He was the most in demand manager. United tried to get him and flopped. Liverpool tried and succeeded. It’s as if they hired some unknown who turned out to be a genius.

They hired a manager who would have been deemed a failure if he didn’t win the league.

RkkMan

You don’t just stumble on Klopp. He was the most in demand manager. United tried to get him and flopped. Liverpool tried and succeeded. It’s as if they hired some unknown who turned out to be a genius.

They hired a manager who would have been deemed a failure if he didn’t win the league.
United didn't try to hire Klopp when LVG was in charge.
At the time Klopp left Dortmund he wasn't in "high demand" because most of the top clubs at the time weren't going through managerial changes only Chelsea tried to lure him.
Liverpool were in fact lucky that Klopp didn't have many clubs after him at the time.

DeGea’sFeet

United didn't try to hire Klopp when LVG was in charge.
At the time Klopp left Dortmund he wasn't in "high demand" because most of the top clubs at the time weren't going through managerial changes only Chelsea tried to lure him.
Liverpool were in fact lucky that Klopp didn't have many clubs after him at the time.
When Liverpool hired him he was already viewed as one of Europe best managers. If a job at Chelsea, City, Real etc came up they’d have approached him. He was already viewed as the next manager to one of those clubs, in fact it was viewed as a bit of a coup for Liverpool (at the time) to get him.

United tried to get him.. I don’t know when.. but Ed Woodward’s pitch has become infamous.

Morpheus 7

Threads like this quiet, United fans as fecking usual not looking at the real issue. Why a legend of the club is looking to leave because lack of ambition in window. The big rebuild so far is a backup lb from Holland.

The fans will eventually blow up again, protests will kick in and stop more sponsors, no more water to steal from the well for Glazers. They have been found out, circus needs to leave town.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
Because of the tribal nature of football many fans are under the delusion that they are part of the club rather than just its customers. The only powers we actually have are to withdraw our custom, disrupt the operation of the business or disillusion others to do the same to the point that the club becomes worth less money. But that's not happened so far. Quite the reverse.

Adisa

likes to take afvanadva wothowi doubt
We are trying to sign Frenkie De Jong ffs! If you really believe Ronaldo is leaving cause of a lack of ambition, I have a bridge to sell to you. This is all about CL.

SAF is the GOAT

2010 - Wayne Rooney wants out because lack of ambition from the club

2022 - Cristiano Ronaldo wants out from the same thing and we gotten worse since then

Red_toad

So 5 pages in, anyone come up with a viable option to get rid of the Glazers? Otherwise it’s like being annoyed by the prices going up at the local supermarket and thinking you can force them to change by moaning on tinternet about it!

EricIn93

I am going to say something you guys wont like I'm sorry.
Thr Glazers are not all bad, at least not bad because of leeching money and treating it like a business. No, this is not the bad thing even though they are not very good businessmen. We can't cry because we don't have a sugar daddy from the Middle East. So we have to expect businessmen.

The bad thing (very bad) is that they know NOTHING about football, have no idea how to organise a top football club, have obviously terrible advisors with regards to team building matters and are completely naive to think that a huge Club like Man Utd can operate like a top US team organisation.
Their decision making and staff recruitment has been unbelievably bad.

Finally they think/thought that the Man Utd 'brand' would never go down because of its name so have neglected the stadium and standards. Only now at a major low are they starting to twitch.

I hope they go now but you know they will only sell when the money drops a huge percentage. And we will keep paying for the tickets and shirts so it is a bad thing for us.

JohnnyKills

Threads like this quiet, United fans as fecking usual not looking at the real issue. Why a legend of the club is looking to leave because lack of ambition in window. The big rebuild so far is a backup lb from Holland.

The fans will eventually blow up again, protests will kick in and stop more sponsors, no more water to steal from the well for Glazers. They have been found out, circus needs to leave town.
Agree.

If Ten Haag walks early in his tenure due to lack of backing that will be a big needle-mover I think.

JohnnyKills

So 5 pages in, anyone come up with a viable option to get rid of the Glazers? Otherwise it’s like being annoyed by the prices going up at the local supermarket and thinking you can force them to change by moaning on tinternet about it!
Don't buy tickets and don't buy merchandise. If everyone did that then the share price would tank.

Bestietom

One premiership doesn't make him a legend. Leicester won the Premiership but where is their manager now.
What Pep has done is much better. 4 premierships in 5 years.
I think all our fans would be over the moon if Ten Hag can pull off one or two in the next few years.

redcorner

Why do we blame the Glazers whenever anything goes wrong or does not look bright?

Have the Glazers ever not backed us with player buys? Have we not had big money buys?

Ricardo de la Vega

There's nothing you can actually do to force them to sell. Look how long Mike Ashley was in charge of Newcastle. Also let's be real... There are worse owners out there too. You don't know what you're getting of they're replaced. I do bet the majority of people on here wouldn't mind in the slightest if Saudis bought us out, which would be the likeliest event seeing as almost nobody else could afford us, so that kinda says it all...
There might be worse owners out there but no worse owner has bought as good a club as Manchester United were and run them into the ground in the way we have been. We were the subject of a hostile takeover, and to all intents and purposes died as a club years ago.

Schmiznurf

Caf Representative in Mafia Championship
It's not that we put up with them, it's that unless they decide to sell there is nothing we can do. Boycotts and all that crap won't work because the fanbase is huge and would need all fans to boycott, which won't happen.

Red_toad

So what do you suggest then? This is literally the only option we have as fans
I have no suggestion, as there is nothing viable at the moment on offer. I’m not the one starting threads about how long we put up with them. As there’s nothing else on offer, other than fecking off and supporting another team. I actually like that they’ve got rid of Eddie and are restructuring and they appointed Ten Hag. But seems it’s infuriated a lot of fans who now want to burn the club down.

DeGea’sFeet

One premiership doesn't make him a legend. Leicester won the Premiership but where is their manager now.
What Pep has done is much better. 4 premierships in 5 years.
I think all our fans would be over the moon if Ten Hag can pull off one or two in the next few years.
I disagree. One prem, one CL, all those record breaking 2nd finishes.

DJ_21

Evens winner of 'Odds or Evens 2022/2023'
What do we do to get rid of them though? Fans protest when things aren’t going our way which sounds petty. The protests need to happen wether we’re on top or not. Needs to be consistent. No point protesting and then they sign us a player and all is good… everyone’s happy. Getting ridiculous.

The Irish Connection

What do we do to get rid of them though? Fans protest when things aren’t going our way which sounds petty. The protests need to happen wether we’re on top or not. Needs to be consistent. No point protesting and then they sign us a player and all is good… everyone’s happy. Getting ridiculous.
I agree. Protests need to be consistent and sustained, and fan groups need to be opening up dialogue with potential buyers about a bid for the club.

Flying high

Thr Glazers are not all bad, at least not bad because of leeching money and treating it like a business. No, this is not the bad thing even though they are not very good businessmen. We can't cry because we don't have a sugar daddy from the Middle East. So we have to expect businessmen.

The bad thing (very bad) is that they know NOTHING about football, have no idea how to organise a top football club, have obviously terrible advisors with regards to team building matters and are completely naive to think that a huge Club like Man Utd can operate like a top US team organisation.

Finally they think/thought that the Man Utd 'brand' would never go down because of its name so have neglected the stadium and standards. Only now at a major low are they starting to twitch.

I hope they go now but you know they will only sell when the money drops a huge percentage. And we will keep paying for the tickets and shirts so it is a bad thing for us.
Who is crying because we don't have a sugar daddy? Please don't make things up.

I feel many of us are rightly pissed off because the Glazers have cost us well over £1 billion so far, and we still have over £500 million of THEIR DEBT on our books.

Yes, they are also incompetent. But so, unfortunately, are many other owners. No club in history though has had to pay so much money out of the club as a direct result of their owners' greed.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics

This misses the point. They put a man who knows nothing about football in charge with the brief to maximise the share price relative to investment. That's why the club appeared to be run badly. It wasn't run with football in mind.

steffyr2

Because they own the club that most of us support.

Honestly, reality shouldn't be this difficult.

MancunianAngels

Supports
FC United
There's essentially two answers to this question

Fans haven't been organised enough since 2005

The Glazers have made it so that there isn't really a viable alternative to them now.