Why do we get battered so often?

PoTMS

We've replaced Arsenal in the big team that gets battered 3 or 4 times every season.

Skills

Snitch
We don't have enough bite going forward to scare anyone to take us on

cyberman

We've replaced Arsenal in the big team that gets battered 3 or 4 times every season.
Every team bar Liverpool and City get battered? We’re comfortably third for a reason

Idxomer

Because we still think a midfield 2 can work in modern football with players who are weak on the ball.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
Bad management and mentality over the years. It will take time to weed out

Zen

Because we're still everyones biggest rival.... and not overly talented. Simple.

PoTMS

Any numbers to back that up?
From memory, we've got beaten 6-3 v City, 4-0 v Brentford, 5-0 v Liverpool this season. Last season we got beat 3-0 v City twice, 4-0 v Liverpool, 5-0 v Liverpool, 4-0 v Brighton.

horsechoker

The Caf's Roy Keane.
We've at least stopped losing to most of the average dross but we're not at City's level. I won't say Arsenal because I don't think they're at that elite level of managing title challenges season after season and going deep in the champions league.

I think van Gaal might be the only manager who bucked the trend.

Tyrion

Every team bar Liverpool and City get battered? We’re comfortably third for a reason
Liverpool lost 5-2 to Madrid and 3-0 to Wolves and Brighton (and Napoli I think) so even they get hammered. Some of our fans (the OP, not you) only watch us so they don't remember anyone else's results.

Tyrion

From memory, we've got beaten 6-3 v City, 4-0 v Brentford, 5-0 v Liverpool this season. Last season we got beat 3-0 v City twice, 4-0 v Liverpool, 5-0 v Liverpool, 4-0 v Brighton.
The first two were in the first few games of a new manager with Maguire and Ronaldo starting for one and the second was with Ole and Ragnick.

Tyrion

Liverpool 4-0
City 6-3
City 4-1
Brentford 4-0
Spurs 6-1
Liverpool 5-0, twice (could be six or seven yet, lets see).
Brighton 4-0
City 4-1
Watford 4-1

Enough numbers?
Wasn't the 6-1 vs Spurs when Mourinho was manager? If you're going that far back, Liverpool lost by 7 to Villa.

lsd

The Oracle
Wow just saw it's five I don't know it's weird I guess when you just start like we did today and do absolutely nothing to address it then yeah you get a battering.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Bunch of posers. Soon as we get close to being “in the title race” or go down in a big game we hyperventilate on the pitch and get battered

lsd

The Oracle
Bunch of posers. Soon as we get close to being “in the title race” or go down in a big game we hyperventilate on the pitch and get battered

We were never in the title race ludicrous to even think we were

UnitedWA

This is a fckin disgrace, I'd rather give carabao crap to erase this pathetic game. We just saved that yellowteeth kraut and his job, and gave them top 4 chance.

Tyrion

It was under Ole.
I mean when he managed Spurs. If you go back 2 or 3 years, every team gets hammered. In the last month or two, Liverpool conceded 5 against Madrid and lost 3-0 to Brighton and Wolves.

SER19

We quit today

That's the most concerning thing. Im ashamed to support the team today

DWelbz19

We were never in the title race ludicrous to even think we were
I know. But whenever we get numerically very close to the top we suddenly start to crumble

SAFMUTD

Not like this. We get humiliated very often. It's 3 humiliations in the last 4 matches against Liverpool.

I'm speechless, something broke in me today.

Pughnichi

In recent times, put simply…we haven’t been good enough. Under previous managers we’ve had to put up with Maguire Lindelof partnership behind McFred and Matic.

Comparative to recent changes Varane, Martinez, Casemiro, Eriksen it’s night and day

today feels more of an anomaly with exhaustion playing a factor. Bruno could barely even stand up at the end of the West Ham game.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Been some conceding on the road this season for you guys.

Apocalypse today.

6 at Emptihad.

4 at Brentford

3 at Villa Park and Emirates.

Not challenging for title anytime soon if you're conceding 30 goals in away fixtures over a season. Arsenal have conceded 9 away goals albeit they still have to visit Liverpool and Man. City.

predator

Youth NITK
Give me the position we are in now even getting dicked 7nil at anfield than not competing for cups and putting in a title challenge. Annoying as it was, it was a freak result and these things happen.

cyberman

Not like this. We get humiliated very often. It's 3 humiliations in the last 4 matches against Liverpool.

I'm speechless, something broke in me today.
Last season buffs it up a bit I do admit.
City was a little bit circumstance, new team adapting to new tactics and not having a game for like 4 weeks beforehand took us out of our rhythm. I just can’t explain this. We aren’t even a sketchy side, we have proven to be resourceful and defensively sound.
This is simply ridiculous, doesn’t feel real

Offside

Euro 2016 sweepstake winner
Teams raise their game against us so when we’re genuinely shit compared to what we used to be we get double done.

Fooza

We still aren't at the days under Fergie in terms of mentality

Nick7

Been some conceding on the road this season for you guys.

Apocalypse today.

6 at Emptihad.

4 at Brentford

3 at Villa Park and Emirates.

Not challenging for title anytime soon if you're conceding 30 goals in away fixtures over a season. Arsenal have conceded 9 away goals albeit they still have to visit Liverpool and Man. City.
Utterly bizarre that people actually bought into the title fight thing in the first place

Dominos

I know. But whenever we get numerically very close to the top we suddenly start to crumble
What? We were 14 points behind the leaders going into today, in what world is that "close"?

The non-existent title race had nothing to do with today. We're just a very overrated side at the minute with players who have a terrible habit of giving up when a game is lost.

DWelbz19

What? We were 14 points behind the leaders going into today, in what world is that "close"?

The non-existent title race had nothing to do with today. We're just a very overrated side at the minute with players who have a terrible habit of giving up when a game is lost.
I didn’t fecking mean today, pal. I meant in general over the past few seasons.