Why does Rashford keep pointing at his head™?

Wilt

No idea why he points at his head other than it looks stupid.

Forget the head pointing and just keep scoring goals.

Dan_F

Luckily the head pointing has no impact on his goal scoring ability, so don’t worry yourself about it.

Bondi77

Why do some players look to the sky and hold their hands in the air like they are praying when they come on the pitch....baffling!

I’m loving my life

Ahh right, it makes sense that you're a troll.
He’s a City fan

In another thread he was asking why we’re not bothered about City winning another league as all ‘his 21 year old mates’ grew up with City being the dominant side and saw all their wins as legitimate and nothing to do with oil or anything….

I have to say the supports ‘neutral’ certainty had me fooled.

sallycinnamin

With all the good work he's done off the field. Now he's doing it on it too.
It's all about ' using the loaf'.

HJ12

The head pointing thing once in a game is fine...kind of. It just looks dull the second time round, as was the case against Charlton. I mean will he seriously do that 3 times this weekend? Needs to change it up a bit when he scores more than once. :devil:

Stu Pearson

I believe it’s something to do with resetting his brain/thinking. The squad have been doing some psychological exercises/mind training. Quite often you have to do something physically simple to reset the brain to the way he was thinking before he scored.

Shiva87

Is it the source of his new powers?

I think it’s about him showing the world that he is focused and isn’t going to get swept away with the praise. Last season, there was so much noise in the media about Rashford not having the right mentality, and Ronaldo kind of threw him (and other younger players) under the bus with his interview. Some of it seemed targeted to Rashford and his mentality. (Don’t think it was too far off mind you. I think Rashford is benefiting immensely from Lingard being gone as well).

A shitty signature celebration. All players feel the need to have one now for whatever reason. Hate most of them with a passion.
Dont think it’s that bad. To each his own. He will quickly move on from this one after he has made his point.
I’m sure he will be asked about it at his next press conference. He is probably waiting for that question!

K stand Red

There is a Netflix series called Kaleidoscope where the main character does the same pose and as soon I saw it I wondered if this is where it came from

Nori-

It's quite a depressing celebration to be honest.

Last few times he's done it, you barely get a smile out of him.

I don't know if he's doing the "I'm as cold as ice, celebrating wildly is for kids" thing, but some genuine joy after his goals, would be great.

Geistman

He’s telling you he’s got his head on right
I actually agree with this, I think it's to show that his mentality is on it, kind of like admitting it's all in the mind. Off the field stuff affects performance and I think it's just to say to everyone his mind is on football now.

afrocentricity

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
It's quite a depressing celebration to be honest.

Last few times he's done it, you barely get a smile out of him.

I don't know if he's doing the "I'm as cold as ice, celebrating wildly is for kids" thing, but some genuine joy after his goals, would be great.
Such a Redcafe post...

IRELANDUNITED

Do you think that all players who have a signature celebration look stupid when they do it?

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
Saka and Nketiah both did this today.

Swiss_Red89

Were they taking the piss out of him or what was that about?
Saka and Rashford seem to be really close when away with the NT so i don't think Saka wants to take the piss out of Rashford.

Could it be some kind of anti racism message? As also Welbeck and Abraham have copied the celebration already and today Saka and Nketiah.

3KDré

Were they taking the piss out of him or what was that about?
Rashford did it to their home crowd, so I think Nketiah and Saka did it back to taunt him even if they are friends.

The actual celebration, I think he's just pointing to his head to say 'it's all about mentality', he's in the right headspace now compared to before hence why he's in good form. That sees to make the most sense to me.

Rayman96

Supports
Also supports Rangers
Saka and Nketiah both did this today.
Yeah the commentators (couldnt remember if it was Neville or Tyler) said when Saka did it that its because he is good friends with Rashford but then didnt elaborate.
Sounded like a load of tosh to be honest.
It looks like Rashford is trying to make a point( no pun intended) but the trouble with that is how long does he carry it on. It becomes like doing the new baby celebration when the kids 3 yo :lol: