Why was my thread deleted?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Pavel

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/get-a-new-manager-in-for-the-last-7-games-yes-or-no.469791/
Why was my thread deleted? A mod said "Just use existing threads of rants about the manager. " It is NOT a rant. It raises a new idea NOT relevant to general thread about manager's performance. Maybe you don't agree, but that is NOT reason to close thread.
What is the problem with making new threads? Are we running out of space on server? It is stupid to not allow new threads to be created when it raises new issues.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Lots of capitalised words definitely makes it clear you’re not ranting tbf.

Charlie Foley

https://www.redcafe.net/threads/get-a-new-manager-in-for-the-last-7-games-yes-or-no.469791/
Why was my thread deleted? A mod said "Just use existing threads of rants about the manager. " It is NOT a rant. It raises a new idea NOT relevant to general thread about manager's performance. Maybe you don't agree, but that is NOT reason to close thread.
What is the problem with making new threads? Are we running out of space on server? It is stupid to not allow new threads to be created when it raises new issues.
That thread was UGLY. A fecking SLUG to read

The Firestarter

You should make another one with the exact same title. Show the mods you are not playing around.

Dr Pavel

You lot certainly are quick to get behind the status quo. Are you training to be mods or something? Why are you reading the mods forum?

sewey89

Incorrectly predicted the de Jong transfer 2022
The thread was worse than United’s performance. I bet you’re not even a real doctor. #DrPavelOut

Charlie Foley

You lot certainly are quick to get behind the status quo. Are you training to be mods or something? Why are you reading the mods forum?
None of the words here are fully capitalised so I don’t think you really MEAN any of it

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It was a kneejerk rant and a pretty dumb one at that.
Your new idea was to email and whatsapp agents around the world seeing if any manager wants to manage us for seven games? The whole process would take weeks.
The very premise is stupid, taking such a scattergun approach to major decisions. That's before we even get to the random capitalisations that make you sound mentally unhinged.
Fourth place is gone, deal with it, and so is your slug of a thread.

Last edited:

Dr Pavel

Your opinon.
Your new idea was to email and whatsapp agents around the wall seeing if any manager wants to manage us for seven games? The whole process would take weeks.
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked November 21
Ralf Rangnick appointed November 29
Frank Lampard sacked January 25
Thomas Tuchel appointed January 26

Jose Mourinho sacked December 18
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed December 19
Nuno Santo sacked November 1
Antonio Conte appointed November 2
I am sure there are many others. None of these took "weeks".
If you're going to say "oh they were surely already working behind the scene", well so should we.
The very premise is stupid, taking such a scattergun approach to major decisions.
Ok so you were free to let people know your opinion. People were free to come in to the thread and tell me it's stupid. And I should be free to debate with them.
That's before we even get to the random capitalisations that make you sound mentally unhinged.
fecking hell now I've heard it all. Maybe you should grow some thicker skin if CAPITALIZATION makes you upset.
Nah I'm not gonna deal with it. We still have a chance if we actually take a proactive approach. A slimmer of a chance yes but it's still possible. But anyway, that's not the point of THIS thread. Doesn't matter what YOU think, if you agree with me or not, is NOT a reason to lock a thread.

So this is it yeah? If a mod disagrees with my opinion, he can just lock my thread? Is this the new RAWK?

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Your opinon.
His observation, which unless I'm mistaken is what he is able to use as a Staff member to determine whether a thread can be open or not.

Your opinion that you think it's his opinion means feck all, just so we're clear.

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Your new idea was to email and whatsapp agents around the wall seeing if any manager wants to manage us for seven games? The whole process would take weeks.
The very premise is stupid, taking such a scattergun approach to major decisions. That's before we even get to the random capitalisations that make you sound mentally unhinged.
:lol: To the point

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Anyway @Dr Pavel I know how you feel because when I was new here I made a thread that got a lot of negative comments (it was a shit thread tbh, mine).

I took it a bit personally at the time but the mods have to account for quality control, particularly in the United forum where after every bad result people will race to make dramatic threads.

Basically I wouldn't take it too personally. The forum needs some oversight after all otherwise it'd be absolute chaos.

Last edited:

Dr Pavel

His observation, which unless I'm mistaken is what he is able to use as a Staff member to determine whether a thread can be open or not.

Your opinion that you think it's his opinion means feck all, just so we're clear.
Ok Mr Scout, his observation. But don't you think he should be reasonable with his observing and allow free debate to happen and not let his personal opinion get in the way? He thinks it's stupid and knee jerk, so come in and say it. People think I'm a moron? Let them come in and say it. The thread will die naturally after nobody agrees with me. Why lock it? Why stop the debate before it even has the chance to take off?

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
fecking hell now I've heard it all. Maybe you should grow some thicker skin if CAPITALIZATION makes you upset.
There is a forum policy against all-caps writing actually.

More generally, given the neverending negativity on the forum (even if it's for good reason, it's soul-crushing), modmins try to limit the number of threads that repeat (even if from different angles) essentially the same refrain about how things suck at United.

You can say your thread is about solutions, but your suggestion is that United "should be firing emails and whatsapp messages to all the agents around the world asking if ANY manager would fancy it". That just can't be taken seriously as such, and hence your thread ends up on the 'yet another rant about the manager' pile.

Plus @Vidyoyo is right about the quality control bit. Yours js a ridiculous suggestion that just doesn't warrant a thread. You can disagree, but in the end, this is a private forum and the modmins reserve the right to decide what kind of discussion they want to see take place.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer sacked November 21
Ralf Rangnick appointed November 29
Frank Lampard sacked January 25
Thomas Tuchel appointed January 26

Jose Mourinho sacked December 18
Ole Gunnar Solskjaer appointed December 19
Nuno Santo sacked November 1
Antonio Conte appointed November 2
I am sure there are many others. None of these took "weeks".
If you're going to say "oh they were surely already working behind the scene", well so should we.
But we almost certainly aren't, given Rangnick has a two year consultancy deal which appears to be still in place and the odds of us finding an unemployed manager who'll magically steer us to seven straight victories are all but zero.

Nah I'm not gonna deal with it. We still have a chance if we actually take a proactive approach. A slimmer of a chance yes but it's still possible. But anyway, that's not the point of THIS thread. Doesn't matter what YOU think, if you agree with me or not, is NOT a reason to lock a thread.

So this is it yeah? If a mod disagrees with my opinion, he can just lock my thread? Is this the new RAWK?
It's not about whether I agree or disagree so much, more that it's a pretty pointless debate. Just raise that argument in the main Rangnick thread or the 'eight games' one.
Not every thought you have is thread-worthy.

You're still doing the capitalisation thing. Do you do that in work emails out of interest?

Hugh Jass

Shave Dass
Season is finished. Probably wont watch the rest of the games. Players have given up and are waiting for the new manager. Would be pretty pissed if i had a season ticket though.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Ok Mr Scout, his observation. But don't you think he should be reasonable with his observing and allow free debate to happen and not let his personal opinion get in the way? He thinks it's stupid and knee jerk, so come in and say it. People think I'm a moron? Let them come in and say it. The thread will die naturally after nobody agrees with me. Why lock it? Why stop the debate before it even has the chance to take off?
Dr Scout.

I'm going to go out on a limb here and suggest that debating with you wouldn't be great and you'd get angry with anyone who called your thread stupid or called you a moron. If anyone did they would be posting in breach of the forums rules.

Look, Jippy has explained the reasoning behind it. You don't have to agree with it (especially because he's Jippy anyway and nobody agrees with him) but we need to move on. I get why you posted it, and I'm pissed off with what's going on with the club too, but every time we go through these results threads like your one crop up and I imagine that the staff are tired of seeing them so they'd rather close them as soon as possible before the forum gets flooded with them.

Status
Not open for further replies.