Wilfred Ndidi - Leicester Player

Nero

Another member of that bang average Leicester midfield of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison.

mark clatternburg

Supports
Leicester City
I'm not sure that they will have a choice. Maddison is leaving for sure & I expect Ndidi to let the club know that he wants to leave. It usually isn't good business to hang on to players who don't want to be there. I wouldn't be surprised to see a mass exodus !!
Good. There isnt one, other than Vardy, that Ivwould bat an eyelid at losing.

Kostov

The only problem in this idea is his proneness to injuries. Ndidi is a very good midfielder and capable in what he is supposed to be doing. Personally I'd take him over Fred and McT despite him stagnating for the past 2 seasons.

tomaldinho1

Another member of that bang average Leicester midfield of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison.
Conversely I think all three are good players, I'd take any of them for depth to be honest. Our midfield isn't that great outside of Casemiro, Eriksen can't last 90, Fred, McT, VdB probably all leaving, Bruno can only play AM, Sabitzer back to parent club....unless ETH is going to trust some of the youth guys, we need good players there this window.

Based Adnan

A Leicester fans description of Ndidi yet some want him to come here and play under ETH?
Whilst his passing has never been his forte, such glaring limitations on the ball are even more evident due to the decline of Ndidi’s defensive output. and Leicester City have really struggled to build up with Ndidi in the ‘6’. His inability to show for the ball or deal with it in tight spaces means that the Foxes often have to go long, ceding possession back to the opposition. At times these technical deficiencies have even directly led to opposition goals due to Ndidi dawdling on the ball or making an errant decision.
Aren't these the same problems we have with midfielders we're trying to move on?

MadMike

The only problem in this idea is his proneness to injuries. Ndidi is a very good midfielder and capable in what he is supposed to be doing. Personally I'd take him over Fred and McT despite him stagnating for the past 2 seasons.
We don't need a pure destroyer with limited passing in midfield. I'd literally rather keep playing Eriksen.

Kostov

We don't need a pure destroyer with limited passing in midfield. I'd literally rather keep playing Eriksen.
Now I probably agree, alongside Casemiro we don't need him. However I'd have him as an option rather than the two I mentioned, I think he can work with Eriksen and Bruno in a midfield 3 for example.

Josh 76

Imagine if the club listened to fans, we'd probably have the relegation midfield of Ndidi, Tielemans and Maddison at Old Trafford the last few years.
Thank feck the club stuck with Fred and Mctomminy!

mu4c_20le

A Leicester fans description of Ndidi yet some want him to come here and play under ETH?

Aren't these the same problems we have with midfielders we're trying to move on?
Yeah he was already very limited even at his peak. The steep decline is what worries me, because it looks like the kind you dont recover from .Same with Tielemans.

Alex99

Rehab's Pete Doherty
Yeah he was already very limited even at his peak. The steep decline is what worries me, because it looks like the kind you dont recover from .Same with Tielemans.
At his peak, as you've put it, I think lots expected him to kick on and reach another level.

Tielemans clocked out 2 years ago so I'm amazed his name keeps being brought up. Ndidi just didn't develop how people thought he would, in my opinion.

MadMike

Now I probably agree, alongside Casemiro we don't need him. However I'd have him as an option rather than the two I mentioned, I think he can work with Eriksen and Bruno in a midfield 3 for example.
Not for me, not in the slightest.

We can get better DMs than Ndidi that aren't so ineffective on the ball. You replace Case with Ndidi and suddenly Erisken or Bruno have to drop a lot deeper to playmake because Ndidi literally doesn't pick progressive passes or carry the ball. Suddenly instead of your 8s being higher up the pitch to pin their midfield back, they gotta become DLPs. Then Eriksen end Bruno start getting pressed on our 3rd of the pitch. It's a recipe for disaster.

I don't think you realise how bad he is for a side who supposedly wants to dominate and retain possession.

He is literally bottom 5% for progressive passes and bottom 15% for carries. He actually has poor pass rate for someone who only plays 48 passes per 90' and 45 of them are sideways or backwards. He is also utterly useless on the final 3rd. He's an extremely one dimensional footballer and he'd very quickly become a liability. It's like playing an old school CB in CM. He's worse than Schneiderlin.

Your DM needs to be able to pick a pass and progress with the ball. You can't have such a passenger when on the ball. It's like playing with a player less.

Sgreddevil

Not for me, not in the slightest.

We can get better DMs than Ndidi that aren't so ineffective on the ball. You replace Case with Ndidi and suddenly Erisken or Bruno have to drop a lot deeper to playmake because Ndidi literally doesn't pick progressive passes or carry the ball. Suddenly instead of your 8s being higher up the pitch to pin their midfield back, they gotta become DLPs. Then Eriksen end Bruno start getting pressed on our 3rd of the pitch. It's a recipe for disaster.

I don't think you realise how bad he is for a side who supposedly wants to dominate and retain possession.

He is literally bottom 5% for progressive passes and bottom 15% for carries. He actually has poor pass rate for someone who only plays 48 passes per 90' and 45 of them are sideways or backwards. He is also utterly useless on the final 3rd. He's an extremely one dimensional footballer and he'd very quickly become a liability. It's like playing an old school CB in CM. He's worse than Schneiderlin.

Your DM needs to be able to pick a pass and progress with the ball. You can't have such a passenger when on the ball. It's like playing with a player less.
Having these stats show you the difference between a real world class DM versus an average DM. It may not be apparent in games because the role they are playing is often overlooked as compared to attacking players.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
Players who are not English are much more overpriced and overrated.

This guy is Championship now.

Very lucky to not have a British Passport & have its pressure.

Red00012

Tell me to stop reading without telling me to stop reading

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
What the hell has happened in here??! :houllier: :houllier: :lol: :lol:

Robbie Boy

Your obsession with nationalities in football is fecking mental. Your post history is damning.

Bebestation

Your obsession with nationalities in football is fecking mental. Your post history is damning.
Yeah because I’m hating people talk about English players being overrated and overpriced when
  • we are an English club
  • Many are consistently winning CL clubs year after year
  • Do you remember how everyone was laughing at Stones moving to City? Now he wins a CL arguably being the best/most important player of that team during that season and everyone shuts the f up like they never said anything :lol:
  • Then Ndidi who was once regarded as a 100 mil player is now a championship level player with hardly any interest to pick him up whilst Barnes & Maddison gets picked up almost instantly.
  • Amazing how people act like they never say anything & I will always make comments like this if the ‘English players are overpriced and overrated’ continues because there will be literally 1000 people saying that to the 1 person who expresses the alternative view. I am not going anywhere - probably just like Ndidi. ;)

Robbie Boy

Yeah because I’m hating people talk about English players being overrated and overpriced when
  • we are an English club
  • Do you remember how everyone was laughing at Stones moving to City? Now he wins a CL arguably being the best/most important player of that team during that season and everyone shuts the f up like they never said anything :lol:
  • Then Ndidi who was once regarded as a 100 mil player is now a championship level player with hardly any interest to pick him up whilst Barnes & Maddison gets picked up almost instantly.
  • Amazing how people act like they never say anything & I will always make comments like this if the ‘English players are overpriced and overrated’ continues because there will be literally 1000 people saying that to the 1 person who expresses the alternative view. I am not going anywhere - probably just like Ndidi. ;)
It's still fecking mental that you make it your whole thing.

Bebestation

It's still fecking mental that you make it your whole thing.
As a follower of the EPL & an English club - I will value a quality English/British player for ever because it’s something we will always need.

Scholes, Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand even Shaw or Rashford etc these players usually are central to our clubs progress & they will never be overpriced or overrated for me.

So, I will always enjoy a time when I can shout out the opposite view to the generic view of the majority.

Robbie Boy

As a follower of the EPL & an English club - I will value a quality English/British player for ever because it’s something we will always need.

Scholes, Beckham, Rooney, Ferdinand even Shaw or Rashford etc these players usually are central to our clubs progress & they will never be overpriced or overrated for me.

So, I will always enjoy a time when I can shout out the opposite view to the generic view of the majority.
But your rants are always misplaced and come across really weird tbh.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Ndidi is a good player, played well today.

Not sure what his nationality has to do with anything though.

Sometimes breakdowns should happen in private.

CloneMC16

• we are an English club
I kind of understand what you mean. People always talk a tonne of shit about English players.

There was a lot of people that wanted us to sign this guy. Even though he has zero ability on the ball.

I don't agree that foreign players are always overrated, though. I do think fans have gone from overrating English players to underrating them over the last decade.

Robbie Boy

I kind of understand what you mean. People always talk a tonne of shit about English players.

There was also a lot of people that wanted us to sign this guy. Even though he has zero ability on the ball.

I don't agree that players that aren't English are always overrated, though. I so think fans have gone from overrating English players to underrating them.
It's not a mass conspiracy. It's the PL, made up predominantly of English players. As such, there will be a wide array of opinions on these players; some will find 'x' player great and value for money, while others will find them shite and overpriced etc. English players do tend to cost more money, it is what it is. Maguire being the most expensive defender ever is testament to that.

AshRK

Yes like sancho maguire rice grealish kalvin phillips ben white.