Wilfred Ndidi

Utdstar01

A bright spark in a really underperforming Leicester side. At just 20 years old he looks like a serious prospect and hasn't looked out of place in the league at all. We should be taking a look at him for sure IMO.

DWelbz19

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
He's good, their only respectable performer bar Gray. I didn't expect him to look so at home in the PL this early, though I suppose it makes sense given how his game is fairly tailored to English football. I think he'd do well getting a move at a table slightly ahead in the league who make good use of destroyers/physical midfielders like Southampton or Everton - though the latter are stacked.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He has been quality, wanted to make a thread on him too.

Good to see Nigeria producing good talent again. With the right coaching, we could have a proper side again soon. Ndidi, Iwobi, Ighalo, Musa, Iheanacho amongst others. Good young group to work with.

MadMike

I thought he was great again against Liverpool last night. One of their stand out performers along with Vardy, won so many duels in midfield and protected the back 4 very well. Archetypal DM.

At only 20yo, I think he's one to keep an eye out for to see how he progresses.

MadMike

Some squawka stats from the game...

They also mentioned 9 tackles won was the highest any Leicester player achieved n a single game all season so far.

Rozay

Master of Hindsight
He's got enormous potential. I'd heard about him for a while as he's a young Nigerian talent, but hadn't really seen him.

He's impressed in every game for Leicester though, and I'd love a Naija at Old Trafford!

Renegade81

Highly impressed with this kid. Every match ive watched this season he has been terrific. Puts him self about and covers a lot of the pitch. Due to the potential on show we could do a lot worse then see how this kid developes. Currently only 20yo.

Nick7

I would want him simply for "OH YESSSSSSSSS NDIDI" every time he scores a cracker.

mazhar13

Kermit Inc. 2022
Scout
What I like about him is that he doesn't just rush into challenges and leave a gap for the opposition to exploit. That's one of the issues I have with the likes of Kanté, Gueye, Matic, Mendy, etc. What Ndidi does differently is that he cuts out the passing lanes and plugs the gaps first before challenging the opposition player on the ball. There have been occasions where he has rushed into challenges and left a gap, but he hasn't done that too frequently. For him to already appreciate his surroundings and be aware of the passing lanes and gaps that exist is a huge indication of the maturity and intelligence in his game.

On top of that, on the ball, he's also quite composed. He possesses the close control that allows him to evade the initial pressing and maintain possession for the team. At the moment, his passing range and vision is still quite limited, but if he continues to work on that part of his game, he can become what Mikel couldn't be: a solid deep-lying playmaker.

However, if he can't become a deep-lying playmaker, he has the energy levels to be a good defensive box-to-box midfielder/destroyer and allow others to dictate the game whilst he maintains his side's possession.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
He is very good but I slightly question his fitness level at the moment. He noticeably tired yesterday and was barely doing his job in the last 10 mins, even though he was very good before that.

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
He is very good but I slightly question his fitness level at the moment. He noticeably tired yesterday and was barely doing his job in the last 10 mins, even though he was very good before that.
Liverpool scored with 20 minutes left? He was jogging for that Coutinho goal. So was Drinkwater.

Leicester ran a lot in this game. Haven't run as much in any game this season. Vardy in particular made a lot of sprints. Klopp's high intensity Liverpool with 15 days rest couldn't keep up.

AR87

He was the only player for Leicester I thought gave an honest effort when we played them at the King Power. Yesterday was a fantastic performance though. At 20 years old he certainly seems to have a lot of potential, though it's unclear if his future lies as a box-to-box player or as a proper CDM.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
He was the only player for Leicester I thought gave an honest effort when we played them at the King Power. Yesterday was a fantastic performance though. At 20 years old he certainly seems to have a lot of potential, though it's unclear if his future lies as a box-to-box player or as a proper CDM.
Don't think he quite has the technique and passing to play as a box to box. Will make a very good defensive midifelder though.

RU Devil

Mourinho likes his African holding midfielders.

Essien, Mikel.
Yeah, he does, but I'd be wary of getting too many potential AFCON absentees, especially up the spine. Losing Bailly & Ndidi (or other AFC CM) would be problematic.

I do like what I've seen so far from Ndidi, though. Good bit of recruitment by Leicester, although they would've done better to get him last summer to fill in that Kante-shaped hole.

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
I laughed and winced at the same time somehow.
Maybe you should Drinkwater to get over it? Or if you need something a bit stiffer, I would suggest Captain Morgan.

WhoDaGOAT

I guess his arrival means the end for Amartey who is young as well. Two years older though, and not as good.

Drinkwater has raised his game recently. So between him, Ndidi and Mendy, they have good options for the rest of the season.

DWelbz19

Another great game today.

Jimmy Skitz

Supports
Leicester City
I guess his arrival means the end for Amartey who is young as well. Two years older though, and not as good.

Drinkwater has raised his game recently. So between him, Ndidi and Mendy, they have good options for the rest of the season.
Amartey is actually a cb

DWelbz19

He's been great ever since he joined and was easily one of the best prospects in Belgium. Huge future ahead of him.