Wilfred Ndidi

buckooo1978

Except when you buy a player from Genk he needs matches to develop, we can't give them that.
why do you say that?

if that is the case then we should sell all our players who haven't developed or peaked

Maybe you are thinking about Mourinho and his preference of more established players but if we aren't able to let players develop there is something seriously wrong at the club - I think Matic played too often last year and it is an issue with Jose that players like him were undroppable

United have a proud tradition of developing players and we've witnessed the development of players like Rashford and Lingard over the last couple of years

Dolf

why do you say that?

if that is the case then we should sell all our players who haven't developed or peaked

Maybe you are thinking about Mourinho and his preference of more established players but if we aren't able to let players develop there is something seriously wrong at the club - I think Matic played too often last year and it is an issue with Jose that players like him were undroppable

United have a proud tradition of developing players and we've witnessed the development of players like Rashford and Lingard over the last couple of years
Rashford and Lingard are academy players, ofcourse we develop those. When Leicester bought Ndidi he was 19 years old.
We just bought 19 year old Dalot. At Porto he would probably get to play every game but that's very unlikely here. When is the last time we bought a 18/19 year old who actually got to play a lot of games and developed very well?

buckooo1978

Rashford and Lingard are academy players, ofcourse we develop those. When Leicester bought Ndidi he was 19 years old.
We just bought 19 year old Dalot. At Porto he would probably get to play every game but that's very unlikely here. When is the last time we bought a 18/19 year old who actually got to play a lot of games and developed very well?
the last time was the last time we bought someone of that age - Martial - he had a very promising first season under Van Gaal - he developed very well and he looked a superb prospect

this progress was obviously stunted under Mourinho for a number of reasons - Personally I feel Mourinho's management of the player has been piss poor

whether we buy a player or bring him through the academy it doesn't matter though - Rashford got plenty of games and Martial should have been played more - the other player in that age profile is Luke Shaw who has his own problems with attitude/fitness/Mourinho depending on what you feel

I think overall though it's a mistake to think that a player that age should play every game necessarily - if a 19/20 year old gets 30 games they are doing well

Dolf

the last time was the last time we bought someone of that age - Martial - he had a very promising first season under Van Gaal - he developed very well and he looked a superb prospect

this progress was obviously stunted under Mourinho for a number of reasons - Personally I feel Mourinho's management of the player has been piss poor

whether we buy a player or bring him through the academy it doesn't matter though - Rashford got plenty of games and Martial should have been played more - the other player in that age profile is Luke Shaw who has his own problems with attitude/fitness/Mourinho depending on what you feel

I think overall though it's a mistake to think that a player that age should play every game necessarily - if a 19/20 year old gets 30 games they are doing well
We bought Martial for alot of money and he was used alot under LvG as a first team player. The point made was that we should buy cheap talented players before they become expensive (like ndidi). Martial was already expensive at the time so doesn't really count, it would be like buying Ndidi from Leicester instead of Genk.
Shaw is the only good example but he doesn't really play anymore while he could have played every game for the last two seasons if he was at southampton.
I'd rather buy a player like Ndidi from Leicester for a little more than buying Ndidi from Genk and not knowing how he will develop.

Founder of IhateMakeleles.org and Gourcufffanboysa
2003/2004. WR10 & CR7. A8 had a great first two seasons in 2007/2008 but injury ruined him forever so he probably doesn't count.....

STYLOISRED

Watched the last two matches against Man City and Chelsea and have been really impressed with his play. what stands out for me is his ability to always flow with the Tempo of the game- never looks hurried and never slow and has very good passing. I would seriously love him as Matic's replacement.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Watched the last two matches against Man City and Chelsea and have been really impressed with his play. what stands out for me is his ability to always flow with the Tempo of the game- never looks hurried and never slow and has very good passing. I would seriously love him as Matic's replacement.
Agree

sincher

"I will cry if Rooney leaves"
Ndidi has a lot of ability but blows hot and cold a bit. Not sure.

FootballHQ

Supports
Aston Villa
Can see Everton signing him if the PSG interest in Gana is genuine.

M16Red

Also,

People said the same about mane, yet look at him now.

Looks to have the tools needed for a very good player.

STYLOISRED

I think its more to do with the fact that he is not as imposing as most natural DMs. he makes very smart interceptions and tackles ( and i have to admit, the occasional tactical foul which he commits quite often).

Ekeke

I think he plays further up the pitch than people would imagine. Against Chelsea he's the number 25 right underneath number 9 Vardy. Mendy is 24 playing deeper :

Against City he was again the furthest forward CM

This is just to say that he isnt currently sitting a yard in front of the CBs like Matic, he's playing a role more like Ander that allows him to press higher up the pitch and try to win the ball on the front foot and he also gets some shots on goal. So in other words, he can play a bit and doesnt just sit and defend.

Kante was similar for Leicester in that he joined up with attacks