Wilfried Zaha - Sold to Crystal Palace

Discussion in 'Manchester United Forum' started by Baby Faced Assassin, Jan 25, 2013.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Feb 2, 2015

Oddboy Full Member

For him to get so little game time, something must have been going on behind the scenes. We didn't even get to make a decision on him based on match performances, which must lead us to believe that something was up? Maybe he's not the sort of player at the moment who you could rely on week in week out; but surely he had enough about him to make the bench and maybe get brought on to make something happen. After all he does posses pace and flair, which could cause problems in the last 20 minutes of a game.
  2. Feb 2, 2015

Kounan Full Member

They have paid 3mil for the loan, I thought it's 1,5mil? OK, then it's not bad, as I do think that they will pay some of the extra 3mil as he will play for them.

I only think that we could make more money with transfer and that's without trying to much.
  3. Feb 2, 2015

acrebo Full Member

See ya later Wilf, I have absolutely zero opinion on you as a player.

In fact, I've already wiped him from my memory as a United player. Not in a negative way, just 'meh'...
  4. Feb 2, 2015

Annihilate Now! ...or later, I'm not fussy Scout

My lasting memory of Zaha will be him stripping down to come on last season at Old Trafford and something happening in the game (think it was when Fabio got sent off?) And Moysey changing his mind/the sub and bringing someone else on.

Top signing.
  5. Feb 2, 2015

stepic Full Member

Zaha is better than Bebe
  6. Feb 2, 2015

stepic Full Member

Chelsea would have got nowhere near that for him. Schurle is a world cup winner... Zaha has barely played for England
  7. Feb 2, 2015

MTR hates Herrera

Don't look at my tag. Not native English speaker
    But cost a lot more. Bebe was 4m rising to 7m and Zaha 10m rising to 15m. We've got 3m for Bebe and 4-7 for Zaha.

And actually Bebe scored two goals for us.
  8. Feb 2, 2015

Hojoon Full Member

We could've had Bebé for free five weeks before we signed him. That was what made it truly stand out IMO.
  9. Feb 2, 2015

Walrus Oppressed White Male

Of course, but that was not thanks to the likes of Zaha but rather the elder, experienced squad members who had been signed years before.
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.