Wilfried Zaha

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ekeke

premier league bound anyway. Good control and skill, a bit of pace and will cause teams problems with his running on and off the ball. Will probably be Arsenal that try and get him on their books

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
I don't think he deserves a massive troll face, get some videos of him.

He's having a good game.

Mickey

Stop paying attention to this a while ago
He'll probably end up being premier league quality, but i doubt he'll end up in a top 5 club. However i accept i may be way off the mark as im judging on only his statistical record and performance tonight.

3 goals in 59 appearances doesnt exactly say much though.

Ekeke

He's Palace's top scorer with 5 this season. Not to say he's a consistant goalscorer, but thats what the commentary stated earlier

Commadus

fryers has his number. Zaha looking to come inside more and more.

anything about now

MUFC lad living in a matriel world
His crossing is really good. Seems destined to hit the Prem soon... Villa maybe?

Ekeke

Disagree about his crossing. The vast majority of his attempts were just for the sake of it not really putting them in believing they'd create goals. He can work on that. The rest of his game looked good. But from about 45 minutes to about 80 minutes he was putting his feet up, resting somewhere. Then at the end of the game and in extra time he had his second wind

ultra

His performance reminded me a little about when we played Sporting Lisabon and Ronaldo completely an*l ra*ed our defense.

Robbie Boy

Decent player by the looks of things, another to come through the Palace youth team. Bit of an overeation though, he looked decent but it was one game. Has a long way to go before he can be considered Premiership quality, imo.

Scannell and Moses were even more highly rated when they broke through, Scannell lost his place and has only started playing regularly this season under Freedman, while Moses isn't exactly setting the world alight at Wigan.

Hal9000

Did he do anything but run at the full backs the whole night? 1 or 2 crosses, that came to nothing. Lots of running, not end product. Zeke seemed to have the measure of him as he was pretty much absent in the second half till he switched to the other side

Snow

Somewhere down the lane, a licky boom boom down
Did he do anything but run at the full backs the whole night? 1 or 2 crosses, that came to nothing. Lots of running, not end product. Zeke seemed to have the measure of him as he was pretty much absent in the second half till he switched to the other side
He had no idea what to do on the left. If he got some time on the ball he ran with it across the pitch to the right.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Palace say both us and Liverpool are interested in him so says SSN

Mainoldo

Unbelievable Skills this kid. No room for another winger though.

ciderman9000000

I thought he was MOM in last night's semi, Cardiff only stopped him by chopping him down repeatedly which imo the ref was far too lenient towards; he should have provided Zaha with far more protection than he was given. Zaha's pace on the turn, sprinting speed and acceleration is phenomenal, these qualities combined with his strength meant he was able to regularly beat one or sometimes even two heavy challengers and come away rapidly accelerating with the ball at his feet. I admit that I've seen nothing of him other than last night's game (I missed the Palace/United game due to work), but if the match was a typical demonstration of his play then he's got a very bright future ahead of him, he's no doubt destined for the Premier League. He came across as being a little petulant and the home crowd targeted him with chants of 'Cheat!', but this was unfair on the lad as he was clearly being repeatedly targeted by the Cardiff players who apparently had no means of stopping him other than bringing him down; he had every right to be petulant as Howard Webb wasn't giving him a fecking chance. At nineteen years of age he seems to me a very exciting prospect.

ciderman9000000

CallyRed

You can always tell a player has something special when the opposition resigns to constant fouling to stop him!

He is a special talent indeed - would hate to see him move to Liverpool!

UnitedBoy

Redcafe Yahoo Pool champion 2007
yeh im suprised there isnt more discussion on him. He made our second string defence look like fish out of water.

Very talented. Good skill, excellent pace.

deceptively strong and he always works hard in defence.

I have only seen the two cardiff games and united game, but still impressive when hes on song.

ciderman9000000

Whose quicker Zaha or OX?
Difficult to say. There was one particular moment last night in the first half when the Clyne was chasing a long ball over his head back towards his own goal. He must have had a five meter head start on Zaha but Zaha tazzed it up behind him like fecking a Greyhound and very nearly won the ball when he had no right to have even got close; Oxlaide-Chamberlain looked similarly lightening fast once or twice against us last Sunday. It'd be an interesting race.

Status
Not open for further replies.