Wilfried Zaha

TenonTen

Supports
Neutral
Why would he go to Turkey over Italy? There would be good clubs in Italy interested in him. Why go to that league?

redshaw

He has an ambition to play in the CL before he retires. Not sure what offers he had from Italian clubs in the CL but I'd guess he'll be guaranteed more minutes in Turkey.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
Galatasaray have a good team, they might make it out of the groups, or if they land in Europa League they could potentially go far there.

It's a good league in general and as long as his salary is fixed in USD / EUR instead of TRY (:lol:), the money is good too.

Acrobat7

Supports
Bayern Munich
Galatasaray have a good team, they might make it out of the groups, or if they land in Europa League they could potentially go far there.

It's a good league in general and as long as his salary is fixed in USD / EUR instead of TRY (:lol:), the money is good too.
They have to make it into the CL first. The first leg of their qualification match is this evening.

Onerealunited

6 games still better than 0. We are talking about a player who’s never played in CL before

also, GS has invested significantly last 2 seasons and is aiming for more than 6 games in Europe. They of course still need to get into CL first but if they do, they should be able to get more than 6 games in CL and Europe League combined. Today they have players like Muslera, Boey, Nelson, Torreira, Mertens, Zaniolo, Zaha, Icardi, Bakambu to help them progress in European leagues

Shipperley

Supports
CPFC
Took a bit of getting my head around but this is a good move for Wilf and I’m pleased for him. Will be guaranteed some trophies and the chance to play in the CL, that’s all he ever wanted and has shown it by taking this move which is a pay cut even from his current Palace deal, let alone the one we or the Saudies offered.

For what it’s worth I also think it’s best for Palace that he’s moved on. Sentiment aside clubs our size should not be offering 4 year deals on £200k a week to players in their 30s, especially ones who appear to be picking up niggly, no-contact injuries more and more often. Our good run at the end of the season also coincided with Wilf being out of the team so it’s not like we’re solely reliant on him these days. That’s £40m we can now invest in more Ezes, Olises, Guehis and Doucoures.

What a player he was for us though, unbelievable. An absolute pleasure to watch and despite the media persona, a fantastic guy as well.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Not the greatest of starts to his journey in Turkey. He’s played a grand total of 65 minutes in the two matches (out of nine) he’s been available for so far.

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
What's going on with him, is he injured?
Yeah. I think it's the same hamstring issue that made him miss the last couple of games towards the end of the season. It was reported in mid-July that he was still receiving treatment for it. So it's probably either that or something that has aggravated because of that. He did pass his medical though. :confused:

Idxomer

Yeah. I think it's the same hamstring issue that made him miss the last couple of games towards the end of the season. It was reported in mid-July that he was still receiving treatment for it. So it's probably either that or something that has aggravated because of that. He did pass his medical though. :confused:
Oh, thanks for the info. I did wonder why he wasn't in their squad with Flashscore listing him and Ziyech as inactive for their game tonight.