Will Arsenal win Quadruple?

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
They've already won Carling Cup, are 99% certain to win the league and 90% certain to win the FA Cup, so the only question here is - will they win the Champions League?

I think here's an 85% chance that they will win it all this season, unless they are victims of some very bad refereeing that has gone on in the past.

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
85%?! That's fecking harsh. I reckon they've the same chance of winning the Quadruple as a germ has of being killed by Dettol. Dead cert basically.

Zebs

Clare Baldings Daughter plays too much Wordscapes
They've already won Carling Cup, are 99% certain to win the league and 90% certain to win the FA Cup, so the only question here is - will they win the Champions League?

I think here's an 85% chance that they will win it all this season, unless they are victims of some very bad refereeing that has gone on in the past.
:confused:

85% chance? I'd put their chances at half that, even less.

Wait, wait, wait.

Whooooooooosh. I'm just glad I realised before posting.

Untied

Probably. 85% sounds a bit high though. Probably more like 83%? All they have to do is beat Barca and the quadruple will be more or less sewn up.

Sarni

Yes, they've won Carling Cup and you could say they've nearly won the league as well. Injuries could make them lose the FA Cup but only if all their first XI gets injured. Question is, can they win Champions League, or how certain are they to win it? I think there's 89% chance they will win CL.

Sarni

They've beaten Barcelona in the first game but I'm not sure it will be enough to qualify. Barcelona could still beat them at Camp Nou but that seems very unlikely, doesn't it?

Feeky Magee

keen violinist
Question is not "Will they win the CL?", question is "Who will they beat in the final?"
Us hopefully. It'd be an honour to even be on the same pitch as such European heavyweights. And if we could "do a city", and beat them on possession, weeellll what a night we'll have back in Manchester.

They've beaten Barcelona in the first game but I'm not sure it will be enough to qualify. Barcelona could still beat them at Camp Nou but that seems very unlikely, doesn't it?
:lol::lol:

Look at this fool underestimating Arsenal. :lol:

Messi's alright, but he's never done it on a balmy night at the Nou Camp against Arsenal.

SteveJ

all-round nice guy, aka Uncle Joe Kardashian
Scout
Dead certs for the Nobel Peace Prize and the Grand National as well.

204Red

err... no

They'll likely lose in the Carling Cup... otherwise, the rest would be a cakewalk.

Carl

has permanently erect nipples
The real question is...... when they win all 4 will that put them in tier 1?

Surely it must.

SteveJ

Scout
According to Twitter, Pep Guardiola has locked himself in the Emirates toilets and won't come out until Jack Wilshere goes away.

Ekeke

Well they are the second best team in the world and the first best can only knock them out of one tournament, the champions league. So at worst, they'll win the treble and we'll just have to get over the dissappointment of the champions league

SteveJ

Scout
All the neutrals will be cheering them on tonight. I have no doubt about this.

SteveJ

Scout
Arsenal's kids are ready to take on Barcelona!

Ekeke

When Arsenal win tonight it'll be a victory for football. And it'll teach Barcelona a lesson for trying to steal Arsenal's style

Sarni

The way they've put their primary front 6, so balanced and so perfect, against Barcelona makes me think - what can you do to stop them? They are so far ahead of us in the league it's impossible, to be honest I'd rather finish 5th because this way we could at least avoid being their competitor for one trophy - CL. Maybe, and that's a big maybe, we'd be able to win Europa League with them not being around but knowing them, they will probably win Europa League along with Champions League next season somehow.

The only solution is Manucho but he won't come here. In fact, I won't be surprised if he decides to join Arsenal, first team on earth good enough to suit him.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Arsenal won't win the Champions League trophy. The Champions League trophy will win Arsenal.

stubie

No,

Winning the Treble was hard enough for United. To win the 4 Arsenal would need to up their game against the big clubs (Domestic & European) and require a huge amount of luck along the way.

Bearded but no genius

They'll go the rest of the season without conceding and Szchnzzzny will win the Prestigious Golden Gloves as well.

Quintuple=ON!!!!

Bearded but no genius

No,

Winning the Treble was hard enough for United. To win the 4 Arsenal would need to up their game against the big clubs (Domestic & European) and require a huge amount of luck along the way.
You underestimate them greatly.

As proven in this thread, the odds are no worse than 83%.