Will Fish

0le

Has it really been as long ago as Jonny Evans since we've had a defender really make it big at United? I'm struggling to think of any others since then to be honest. Good luck to the lad, hopefully he can get a few minutes.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Has it really been as long ago as Jonny Evans since we've had a defender really make it big at United? I'm struggling to think of any others since then to be honest. Good luck to the lad, hopefully he can get a few minutes.
Define big. Tuanzebe and Williams play for the first team.

Bebestation

Im a doctor btw, my IQ destroys yours
I dont follow the youngsters all that lot - who is better Mengi or fish?

Mickson

I dont follow the youngsters all that lot - who is better Mengi or fish?
Hard to say, different players with different strengths. If you would have asked me in October, I would have said Fish. If you ask me now, I would say Mengi. Next season is key for both.

Toad

Hard to say, different players with different strengths. If you would have asked me in October, I would have said Fish. If you ask me now, I would say Mengi. Next season is key for both.
So to summarise, Mengi.

Toad

Not necessary. My point is that it changes, and can change mid-season too. Mengi's weakness is that he's poor in the air. A bit like Tuanzebe. Fish is great in the air.
They asked who is better this morning, you said if you was asked today then Mengi. So the answer is Mengi :)

I was shouting at the tv fir someone to give him the ball. I had this horrible feeling he would make his debut and not touch the ball!

pleased for him. Clearly can’t make any judgement based on today.

miked99

He looks to have the knack of being in the right plaice at the right time

AdamColeBebe

Supports
Man Utd
How much fish will Will Fish fish, if Will Fish will fish fish?

londonredmaniac

I suffer delusions of grandeur
If he can sort his off the pitch issues out, I think he will be quality. Heard he has a tendency to get battered on a Friday night...(sorry)

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
If he can sort his off the pitch issues out, I think he will be quality. Heard he has a tendency to get battered on a Friday night...(sorry)
Of all the shite jokes in here, this one actually got a laugh out of me.

Marwood

Regular reserve match watchers, I have one question... Is he any good?
Might just be me but despite watching reserve matches year after year I still find it difficult to gauge centre backs at that age.

He's good on the ball and in the air. Lacks pace though.

But really unless they're exceptional at that age it's so tricky to say if a centre back can make it.

Poborsky's hair

Supports
Bohemians 1905
Might just be me but despite watching reserve matches year after year I still find it difficult to gauge centre backs at that age.

But really unless they're exceptional at that age it's so tricky to say if a centre back can make it.
Usually have the same problem but for me in a limited time I watched him he looks pretty close to HM in terms of style. Wouldn't be too bad if he turned out to become similar player in terms of quality! yeah but as we all know the step up to senior football is super difficult especially on that position.

But fingers crossed he's got an amazing name so would be a shame he wouldn't make it.

Mickson

I agree with that. I had already written Mengi off (almost) then he did well at Derby at just the age of 18. My feeling is that a lot of young CB's are up and down in performances. Everybody was talking about Fish in the beginning, but then he had a poor finish to the season. I can say this, Will Fish is one of the best young CB's at the club. He has shown that he has a lot of potential. Next season is key IMO, if he delivers then his future looks bright.