Will Fish

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Is he ready to claim a first team plaice?

Schmeichel's Cartwheel

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Good for his age and until the latter half of the season was performing well as a CB at reserve level, comfortable on the ball. Then he started making mistakes
To be expected from a young player. Maybe a loan this season? Or another season in the reserves?

lysglimt

Scout
Good for his age and until the latter half of the season was performing well as a CB at reserve level, comfortable on the ball. Then he started making mistakes
To be quite honest - he was average at the start of the season, poor at the end. But in the beginning of the season, he was helped by the fact that he played next to Mengi who was awful. Both Fish and Mengi took a giant leap backwards from last season when they were generally really good. He is still only 18 but he can't have another season as poor as this if he wants to succeed at United.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
To be expected from a young player. Maybe a loan this season? Or another season in the reserves?
Probably needs a loan at this point, he's done about a season and a half with the U23s so now or January's probably a good time for his next step.

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Wish people would stop carping on about this guy already.
I fear if he was to play first team level, we'd get battered with him at the back...

sglowrider

Thinks the caf is 'wokeish'.
Really don't think either of you have actually watched him play. Brilliant young player... who you can be sure will perform when the chips are down. :nervous:
I have seen him leap, like a salmon so I don't think he would tank.

lysglimt

Scout
I think Will Fish should go on loan to Northampton - he would make an excellent Cobbler.

Going on loan to Stockport County in the 5th tier. Bit disappointing imo as I would have thought he can play at League 2 level at the very least, but maybe playing with professionals fighting for their careers week in week out might be helpful. Best part about all of this are the fish-related puns Stockport fans are coming up with in the comments. Stays close to Manchester as well.

Good luck to Will.

Thiagoal

Very surprised by that. At 18 and playing non league for someone so highly rated is bizarre.

limerickcitykid

There once was a kid from Toronto...
Surprised but great news. Expected another year in the u23s but best get him out early. He's a fantastic talent and only thing he has struggled with his being too stand offish, some time in the Conference will teach him to get more aggressive real quick. Top club, where Deano started off too, and been really good since Rusk took over who is an experienced youth coach. Links up with Wayne Rooney's brother too.

GazTheLegend

Going on loan to Stockport County in the 5th tier. Bit disappointing imo as I would have thought he can play at League 2 level at the very least, but maybe playing with professionals fighting for their careers week in week out might be helpful. Best part about all of this are the fish-related puns Stockport fans are coming up with in the comments. Stays close to Manchester as well.

Good luck to Will.
Yeah - feels like a geographical decision more than anything else. Gives him first team football at what must be a higher level than the reserves, and maybe he can continue to train at Carrington on certain drills?

Bit of a coup for Stockport in all honesty, Will Fish looked like a championship players level against Derby.

Remember the geese

Stockport have done very well for themselves. Interesting comparison with Mengi to Derby. I don't think the gap between the two players is that vast.

Yeah - feels like a geographical decision more than anything else. Gives him first team football at what must be a higher level than the reserves, and maybe he can continue to train at Carrington on certain drills?

Bit of a coup for Stockport in all honesty, Will Fish looked like a championship players level against Derby.
To be fair, Derby are hardly a Championship level club currently, I'd be shocked if they don't go down :lol:

Good points though, if he can stay in close contact and train with the club on occasion that would be positive. As @limerickcitykid mentioned we seem to have a good relationship with Stockport.

noelyman

Oh carp, I've just seen an offishall announcement that Will Fish has signed for Stockport County. Get trout of here. That's the first time i'm herring about it. Couldn't someone not have let minnow earlier? Now some people might argue that Stockport is a bit of a bassic club for him to move to. But I think that's a load of pollucks. Well salman had to say it. It's a fintastic opportunaty for the lad and I hope he seizes the day (Carpe et Diem). And my apologies in advance before I get battered for all the fish puns. I'm gillty as charged and off to do some sole searching. :lol:

mancsarered

I prefer seeing these players getting senior experience under their belt than playing the odd reserve game in near empty grounds