Will we finish above Newcastle?

Champ

Refuses to acknowledge existence of Ukraine
Answer is a big fat fecking YES :D

Loon

:lol:
I wonder if the “we finished above Man United as well as beating them in the league even though we lost the cup final” dressing room celebration is still going ahead?

GazTheLegend

I wonder if the “we finished above Man United as well as beating them in the league even though we lost the cup final” dressing room celebration is still going ahead?
Yes, well done Eddie Howe, you really proved that shithousing and then complaining when teams call you shithousers will get you far in life, almost to the top

... But it won't get you everything.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Great going by us but it's scary it was that close when they were battling relegation 18 months ago

Sparky Rhiwabon

Pushed us all the way but we did it! :devil:

How will Newcastle deal with the Premier League along with a Champions League campaign next season? We'll see.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
We were battling relegation 36 games ago.
Leicester were battling relegation and won the title the following season. What’s your point and why’s it scary?
Are you purposely ignoring the fact these guys have huge money bags?

I'm not saying it's not impressive we finished above them but the fact their money has got them top 4 so quick is ominous. Do some of you just ignore reality on a daily basis or is it just on this forum?

AndySmith1990

I'm not saying it's not impressive we finished above them but the fact their money has got them top 4 so quick is ominous. Do some of you just ignore reality on a daily basis or is it just on this forum?
It's unfair to say their money got them there. They've not spent obscene amounts nor spent recklessly. They've made some really smart signings and been managed very well

If the same could be said for us, given the amount we've spent we'd be challenging city for every trophy

KiD MoYeS

Good Craig got his c'nuppins

I had the barcodes tipped for top six this season, their results have been great for a season and a half now. I guess Chelsea, Liverpool, and Tottenham all being toilet this season opened up an opportunity for Newcastle. Dan Burn isn't a Champions League level player. And of course they're going to throw money around, like pretty much all the top ten nowadays.

cyberman

It's unfair to say their money got them there. They've not spent obscene amounts nor spent recklessly. They've made some really smart signings and been managed very well

If the same could be said for us, given the amount we've spent we'd be challenging city for every trophy
They’ve spent over 300m over the past 2 summers.

Remember the geese

I just interpreted your post as a dig at us. I'm probably too accustomed to overly negative drivel towards us by our own fans, so apologies because that wasn't your angle.

Doodah

Yes, I have a feeling we might just about finish above Newcastle.

Loon

:lol:
Newcastle are hardly a 'wee club'. If you look back you should find that they are one of the best supported clubs in the premier league but for many years have had some of the worst owners.
I believe this is a reference to Ferguson’s dig at Pardew.

CM

Is it? They'd never have got access to the players who have got them Champions League football without that money. Trippier, Botman, Guimaraes and Isak have all been huge for them. They also spent £30m on Chris Wood last season with the sole intention of relegating Burnley.

Eddie Howe has still done a great job, and there are plenty of players he has made look better than they actually are, but let's not pretend they've done it organically.

bringbackbebe

Is it? They'd never have got access to the players who have got them Champions League football without that money. Trippier, Botman, Guimaraes and Isak have all been huge for them. They also spent £30m on Chris Wood last season with the sole intention of relegating Burnley.

Eddie Howe has still done a great job, and there are plenty of players he has made look better than they actually are, but let's not pretend they've done it organically.
Newcastle will start to see problems next season.
1. The best players from their squad will be plundered by the big clubs.
2. They'd have to be replaced with extreme accuracy in the transfer market.
3. They'll be subject to more games next season as a result of qualifying for Europe and hence will need a larger squad
4. Liverpool, Chelsea, Brighton and Spurs will improve next season and start competing for top

They'll need to net spend 300m next season to be at the same level IMHO.

Sparky Rhiwabon

Newcastle will start to see problems next season.
1. The best players from their squad will be plundered by the big clubs.
2. They'd have to be replaced with extreme accuracy in the transfer market.
3. They'll be subject to more games next season as a result of qualifying for Europe and hence will need a larger squad
4. Liverpool, Chelsea, Brighton and Spurs will improve next season and start competing for top

They'll need to net spend 300m next season to be at the same level IMHO.
No they won’t. If anything they will plunder other clubs' best players

bringbackbebe

No they won’t. If anything they will plunder other clubs' best players
I think someone forgot that they are now state backed with unlimited funds.
They're state backed but they haven't acted irresponsibly trying to bypass FFP illegally like City or go on a scatter gun splurge like Chelsea. Instead, they've mostly invested the right amounts sensibly in the right players and have brought in a manager of the right profile. They're not going to pay fancy wages to a Robinho or Tevez type player since this will disrupt their squad harmony. There is nothing in their doing to suggest they'll go crazy. Rather, the pull of Real Madrid will be too much for Guimaraes.

Sparky Rhiwabon

They're state backed but they haven't acted irresponsibly trying to bypass FFP illegally like City or go on a scatter gun splurge like Chelsea. Instead, they've mostly invested the right amounts sensibly in the right players and have brought in a manager of the right profile. They're not going to pay fancy wages to a Robinho or Tevez type player since this will disrupt their squad harmony. There is nothing in their doing to suggest they'll go crazy. Rather, the pull of Real Madrid will be too much for Guimaraes.
We'll see I guess. Bruno G would be a massive loss for them, as he’s so important to them.

NoLogo

Give them more than a season or two, they'll get there. The last Saudi based sponsorship deal was a first taste of what's to come. There is no way they will be happy with a mediocre mid-table project. They might not sign superstars but instead very talented younger players, but compared to other teams they'll have no need to sell because they have the deep pockets to keep these players happy and that was your point, that they would lose their best players and I'm saying that's not happening, they aren't going to be Monaco or Dortmund style club.

Irrational.

Pushed us all the way but we did it! :devil:

How will Newcastle deal with the Premier League along with a Champions League campaign next season? We'll see.
I would put good money that Howe is nowhere near top four by Christmas next season if he isnt sacked already. Teams will have wised up to their shithousery and the fixture congestion will mean they’ll be dropping a lot of points.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Yes, you have far better players. They still have more players in their squad that were battling relegation than not. They'll likely get top 10 this season but they're far from being a EL side yet. They have been on an excellent run but the bubble will burst.
Bubble didn't burst. :(

The holy trinity 68

The disparager
Newcastle are hardly a 'wee club'. If you look back you should find that they are one of the best supported clubs in the premier league but for many years have had some of the worst owners.
Fan numbers mean feck all when Spurs have won 9 major trophies since Newcastle last won a major trophy. They are a small club with a good sized fan base.

Lights Out

My guess is they get 15-18 more points to end the season, puts them at 68-71 points.
For United, I'm guessing 19-22 points to end the season, putting us at 72-75 points.

So not likely with their fixtures vs ours.
This checked out pretty accurate at the high end. Bravo.