Will we finish top 4?

hn4manunited

Fake supporters! I take it that you consider yourself a “real” supporter even though you would rather see a meltdown on a fan forum than the team that you support playing in the champions league.
It was lightheartedly said just to get some reaction.

Yes, I do consider myself a true supporter in the true essence of supporting this club. I support our club through good times or bad times. Bad performance or great performance or average performances. Top of the table or outside top 4. Didn't matter which manager in charge or what formation we play. I support because I am a supporter! The only time I don't show support is when I don't see the work rate from a player due to their attitude. It shouldn't matter what job a player is asked to do, they should do it for the manager who is employed by the club to get us a result, and the club ultimately pays the player their wages which in parts come from us supporters worldwide.

AndyJ1985

Hmm I think we'll just about get 4th. I expect Spurs and Liverpool to finish 2nd and 3rd respectively.

Andersons Dietician

Well it’s going to be intresting. That run in is horrible. I guess not losing against Chelsea and pool is a must. Beat the rest and we should be ok, but that City and Arsenal games. I’m putting the City game down as a write off. Would feel a lot better if we actually beat Chelsea and pool just kinda think Jose will play not to lose and take his chances in the other games.

City
Spurs
Pool
Chelsea
United

I think it’ll be extremely tight but hopefully we get 4th at least.

diplomat

If we lose to either Chelsea or Liverpool, the team will crumble. Not to mention City might spank us at Etihad just to prove a point. With the schedule we have and our competitors have, considering recent form and football displayed, we are in huge danger and I'm not sure how people don't see that.

The club is only 2 points ahead of the "joke team" Liverpool and we only have a better goal difference by 2. We're having a bad season so far, I don't care what some might say. The style of football was supposed to at least guarantee consistent results and it hasn't, add to that the fact our budget dwarfs all the rest of the top 6 except City and it's a huge disappointment .

buckooo1978

we will finish 2nd if;

• Mourinho plays a 4-3-3 in tougher games at least
  • Bailly is fit until the end of the season
we need to be worse than Liverpool, Spurs and Chelsea over the next few months which is in our favour

we need to improve sharpish though

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Every team has a blip, this is Utd's and it will pass.

2nd or 3rd, depends how good Chelsea will be.
Funny thing is I think (and called it before the season started) that Chelsea will be the one to miss out with the top 4 finishing City, United, Liverpool, Tottenham

YouOnlyLiveTwice

You can look at it in this way: Liverpool and Spurs know their best team and have a clear plan about how they approach a match. Chelsea and Utd still are trying to figure out what their ideal XI is.

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
Is that why he prefers Young over Shaw in literally every big game away from home?
Choosing a winger over an actual LB to play LB isn't the best way to demonstrate Jose playing concervetly in a big game

charlenefan

Far less insightful than the other Charley
I think United have no real plan when they go in transfer market, I feel their first priority every season is to sign atleast one star player to keep the fans happy, if not by trophy then by marquee signing. I mean look at Sanchez, was he really needed?
Yes

Didn't read the rest

hellohello

Supports
Tottenham
You can look at it in this way: Liverpool and Spurs know their best team and have a clear plan about how they approach a match. Chelsea and Utd still are trying to figure out what their ideal XI is.
Not so much about having a best XI imo, but more about having a system where everyone know what is expected of them.

Dolf

I read somewhere that City can win the league when they play us away. Would be humiliating but probably will happen.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
There's a bit of a vibe that Jose's fabled season 3 has arrived early, and so he's permanently fallen out with Pogba after he dropped him. If that is the case, then I don't think we will finish top 4. Hopefully it's just a blip and a hissy fit, and we'll resume our early season form.

mike bird

Supports
Boston Celtics
I think Mourinho will win the CL this year, so no need to worry about top 4 at the moment.

Robbie Boy

People on here have been saying for months that Liverpool will soon overtake us. Even though we haven't been great, they still haven't. Funny, that. Maybe just maybe they're not that good and simply smash shite teams every now and again and get wildly overrated.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
If we lose to either Chelsea or Liverpool, the team will crumble. Not to mention City might spank us at Etihad just to prove a point. With the schedule we have and our competitors have, considering recent form and football displayed, we are in huge danger and I'm not sure how people don't see that.

The club is only 2 points ahead of the "joke team" Liverpool and we only have a better goal difference by 2. We're having a bad season so far, I don't care what some might say. The style of football was supposed to at least guarantee consistent results and it hasn't, add to that the fact our budget dwarfs all the rest of the top 6 except City and it's a huge disappointment .
Agreed.

Liverpool are no joke team. It's absolutely depressing seeing their results sometimes .

Top 4 is no guarantee with Jose as manager.

Chelsea have been shite lately and are for once vulnerable coming to Old Trafford .
Jose should send out a team to slaughter them.

But we know what we'll get. We already know the approach .We already know the formation .

Nytram Shakes

cannot lust
Yes, our team is to good not too, im not really a big Mourinho fan but he is obviously competent enough to guide the second best team and squad in the league to be top 4.

McGrathsipan

People on here have been saying for months that Liverpool will soon overtake us. Even though we haven't been great, they still haven't. Funny, that. Maybe just maybe they're not that good and simply smash shite teams every now and again and get wildly overrated.
When is the last time United smashed anyone?

OneFootball

Supports
Liverpool
Liverpool have as many average players as they have good players. Work ethic enhances those average players as Klopp slowly eradicates them. The sale of Coutinho has him operating on a profit basis though remove that and his spend is still fairly meager. The danger with the Klopp ‘slow build’ is that the better players wont wait around for the project to be completed. We are not consistant enough and therefore haven’t put a sufficient run to overtake the likes of Man Utd. This lack of consistency is due to the average players imo.
This is a big summer coming up when he really needs to finish the puzzle and finally put his team on the pitch and give next season a real go.

Leftback99

Might have a bedwetting fetish.
I think we need two unlikely wins against Liverpool and Chelsea to have a chance. Losing at City is a forgone conclusion and this team has no bottle for the other remaining away games.

ash_86

Im pretty confident of getting wins out of home games against both Chelsea and Liverpool. Yes we had couple of bad results, but the panic in the forum makes it look like we're in Arsenal's position. I'm pretty confident on the top 4.

Andersons Dietician

You tell me son? I don't think we're good btw but I don't think that shower of shite are either. I would be more worried about Spurs.
Problem with pool is they’ll either destroy anything in their path or implode. They are just unpredictable as to how they perform on the day.

AlwaysRed66

I think Mourinho will win the CL this year, so no need to worry about top 4 at the moment.
I applaud your optomism, though nothing I have seen so far this season points to us doing it. Though if Athletico Madrid can get to the final like a couple of years back with their negative approach anything is possible.

McGrathsipan

You tell me son? I don't think we're good btw but I don't think that shower of shite are either. I would be more worried about Spurs.
Sadly I'm worried about them both.
We might get 4th but only if we beat Chelsea .
And I can't remember the last time we battered any team. Even the 4 nils in early season were flattering

Robbie Boy

Problem with pool is they’ll either destroy anything in their path or implode. They are just unpredictable as to how they perform on the day.
They have massive issues just like we do. I really don't see it with them. Their midfield is poor as is their keeper and defence. Attack wise they're fantastic, though. Meh I just don't worry about them. People have literally been saying since we drew with them at Anfield that they'll go ahead of us soon. Still hasn't happened and it's sure as feck not down to us being great....

Spurs, for me, are a far more well oiled balanced team. I would fear them over the scouse brigade.

diplomat

I applaud your optomism, though nothing I have seen so far this season points to us doing it. Though if Athletico Madrid can get to the final like a couple of years back with their negative approach anything is possible.
Sorry, but they actually knew how to attack when doing it and with devastating effect, even if it wasn't as often as the other big teams.

Robbie Boy

Sadly I'm worried about them both.
We might get 4th but only if we beat Chelsea .
And I can't remember the last time we battered any team. Even the 4 nils in early season were flattering
Meh Liverpool have just as many problems as us. Spurs are far more balanced. Oh god yeah I think this Chelsea team is utterly atrocious. It's absolutely imperative we beat them.

BigdaftGorby

City
Liverpool
Spurs
Chelsea
United

People need to stop thinking 4-3-3 is a magic wand.

Kapardin

If we don't, we will definitely win the Europa next season as we will have a stronger team. Some consolation, amirite?:)

nameischarles

I think it's going to be tight, if Liverpool can keep their form then they will definitely pass us and retain 2nd spot. I have a feeling it'll be Chelsea missing out on 4th.

Robbie Boy

Liverpool have as many average players as they have good players. Work ethic enhances those average players as Klopp slowly eradicates them. The sale of Coutinho has him operating on a profit basis though remove that and his spend is still fairly meager. The danger with the Klopp ‘slow build’ is that the better players wont wait around for the project to be completed. We are not consistant enough and therefore haven’t put a sufficient run to overtake the likes of Man Utd. This lack of consistency is due to the average players imo.
This is a big summer coming up when he really needs to finish the puzzle and finally put his team on the pitch and give next season a real go.
Very fair assessment.