Will we sign anyone for the first team during the remainder of the January window?

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
We're moving into the final week of the transfer window and have done nothing in it thus far.

As the title says: will we sign anyone for the first team during the winter window?

What does your gut instinct say?

Rhyme Animal

Thinks Di Zerbi is better than Pep.
They will absolutely have to back Ole after all this - they've painted themselves into a corner and they basically have to now spend money or things will get really, really ugly for them.

The only way this season will be salvaged is with goals, and now that Rashford's injured, buying a striker is really their only hope of getting something from the season - and, it can be done for less money than Bruno would cost...

They've backed Solskjaer now in the media, and we're in the middle of a transfer window, with an injury crisis in the squad and the fans are at their door asking for more - they simply have to do something to back him financially!

I reckon a striker, a pure CF, but someone pretty cheap.

Paul_Scholes18

Got no faith even if we really must add something. Lots of good players potentially available for the right fee, but we are not going to go for it.

Woeisme

They will absolutely have to back Ole after all this - they've painted themselves into a corner and they basically have to now spend money or things will get really, really ugly for them.

The only way this season will be salvaged is with goals, and now that Rashford's injured, buying a striker is really their only hope of getting something from the season - and, it can be done for less money than Bruno would cost...

They've backed Solskjaer now in the media, and we're in the middle of a transfer window, with an injury crisis in the squad and the fans are at their door asking for more - they simply have to do something to back him financially!

I don't think you get it. All your points above hinge on the premise that Football matters to them. It doesn't. They have backed Solskjaer, because Solskjaer is the perfect manager for them. A popular, cheap, yes man.
You talk about goals and getting something from the season. These things are irrelevant. Our share price rose again last week. Business is good. Why would they care if there are some disgruntled English peasants?
Nothing will get better until we stop making money. Manchester Utd is worth Billions, we will be making money for a long time yet, therefore, they are here to stay. And they think the Ballon d Or is a brand of ice cream or a french perfume.
The future is far from bright. There is no rebuild or anything like it. The slow bleed is on. :(
We are FCUKED

buckooo1978

No, think Bruno was plan A-Z
I'm not sure you can say Bruno and plan in the same sentence

the club was openly stating they had no interest in the player in the Summer. They obviously did no work on this transfer Septrmber to January and the whole idea of signing him is a reaction to injuries

I dont think there was a plan

Eckers99

Michael Corleone says hello
Nah. They've already hired a PR guy to spin this failure.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
We're moving into the final week of the transfer window and have done nothing in it thus far.

As the title says: will we sign anyone for the first team during the winter window?

What does your gut instinct say?
Gut instinct, No.
Its all just media rumours, all smoke and no fire.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Bruno will come in the dying minutes.
Agree. Most likely somebody will come in the dying minutes. Just one player. Not sure it will be Bruno, but it's either one player at 11th hour, or nobody at all.

Kostur

海尔的老板
Nope, the rebuilding process is all about not signing players to improve our situation in the table in hope that some players will want to come to a midtable club that's outside of Europe (I mean, they might, we'll have to massively compensate for that, probably in wages, which is self contradictory to the idea of lowering our payroll by 'trimming' deadwood) and then running current players into ground so they can get injured and add to the first point.

sp_107

Bruno and a striker on loan would be nice, Adding to this Soumare from Lille would be a bonus.
Ed on a train to France makes me think he is trying to get either Campos OR Soumare.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Bruno and a striker on loan would be nice, Adding to this Soumare from Lille would be a bonus.
Ed on a train to France makes me think he is trying to get either Campos OR Soumare.
The only problem is - that would make so much sense and improve us tremendously :) Soumare, Bruno and a striker on loan is exactly what we need. Which means - no way we are getting it :(

Woodward seems to be basing his entire worldview and footballing strategy on the eternal wisdom of George W. Bush's "Fool me—you can't get fooled again.'" He got burned on signing wrong defenders for Mourinho and decided he wouldn't sign defenders for him ever again. Likewise, he got burned on bringing Sanchez in the winter transfer window, to fix immediate issues, and now he has "learned" winter signings are "baaaad", so will keep refusing to fix things in the winter, until he can be fooled again.

MrBest

I think we will get Bruno Fernandes. Ed is pretty pathetic at his job, he showed this with AWB. It takes him weeks to get a deal done and squabbles over a couple of million. He also has this thing where he must always start 20 million below what the other team want. We start at like 30m for AWB and ended up paying 50m. It is just stupid. Because of his inability to fo multiple deals at once, i think Bruno is the only player we will get which will be a shame as we badly need three, especially a striker.

Alabaster Codify7

They've hired a PR spin doctor, boys.

The only thing they're backing Ole in, is the ability to keep the fans on side by smiling and talking about the future and the past, but not the present.

Ikon

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
It just makes me think that he's buggered off on a jolly up to buy some Duty Free.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
The club have clearly decided they don't even want Europa League football next season, nevermind CL.

EdinburghDevil

I get it can be hard to get value for money in the January window, but each window that passes it gets harder to rebuild the squad.

I still think if we could have had a decent January window, 4th was there was the taking and then with Champions League football it makes the summer window a bit easier as it is surely easier to attract players at that point.

Midfielder and a forward was a minimum for me for this window.

I know a big clear out was and still is required to a certain point, however, looks like we will finish the window with a thinner squad than when we started, which is quite something given it's stripped down to the bare bones.

TRUERED89

It'll be dragged out until the absolute last second of the window, Ed's specialty! Then panic buy when the main target falls through because you dithered all month then had no decent back up plan!

Bestietom

I agree, but WHO can we get this window. Fernandes transfer is taking ages to get over the line, and a striker to be done in 4 days is unlikely now.