Will you watch the Women's World Cup?

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
On the eve of the most publicised Womens World Cup ever, I want to gage how much interest the RedCafe massive have in the tournament

This will be the first WWC I take a serious interest in, in 2019 I watched a couple of Lionesses matches and thats it - even that was partly down to Phil Neville being the manager

I took a lot more interest in last summer's Women's Euros since it was hosted in England, watched all Lionesses game and several others on TV plus attended the epic final at Wembley

As it's in Australia & New Zealand, kick off times are going to be a problem for European audiences but I'll watch all the Lionesses' matches and get the highlights of the rest in the groups then hopefully a decent amount of the knockouts

So what level of interest do you have for this tournament? (And yes I fully expect that it will be 'None' for many!)

top1whoisman

Meet the press(conference)
Scout
Hell yes.

Unfortunately some of the matches are at stupid hours for me, but I'll watch most of the group games and all knockouts. Too bad so many great players are missing this due to injuries but that's part of the game.

Eric_the_Red99

I’ll definitely try and watch all of England’s matches. But I imagine my interest in the tournament will fade somewhat if/when they get knocked out. Might still watch a bit of the final.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
I might watch the England games, purely because I’m having football withdrawal symptoms.

Castia

No

Im not here to flame women’s football each to their own but the quality is absolutely abysmal I can’t watch 90 minutes of that.

cj_sparky

I'll try and watch the odd England match when I can.

But the majority of matches I won't watch due to their air time.

Rudi G

Not one second. Our dutch gals quit a training match the other day for it being too aggressive. Can't stand the heat stay out of the kitchen. But the news will be full of it so I guess I will see some "highlights".

Solius

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Staff
Yeah I'll be watching if the time zones work out.

klsv

Will watch as many matches, starting at humane times, as I can.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
Yes. I will be watching the Vietnamese games, I watch all the men's league (both divisions) and South East Asian (ASEAN) football has my heart at the minute so will definitely be watching.

Dannn411

Maybe from Semis if its really interesting. If the US is just steamrolling everyone again then probably not. I watched when Japan was really good and Germany and Canada were really good because the US actually had real competition.

theballisround

Maybe I'm just a hater but I can't watch 10 mins of the women's game. It's too slow and the quality it's just not there.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes. I will be watching the Vietnamese games, I watch all the men's league (both divisions) and South East Asian (ASEAN) football has my heart at the minute so will definitely be watching.
You are living out there now, right?

There are several countries qualified where a Men's team has never made it to a WC so I was wondering if their Women get extra support

MichaelRed

No. I don't want to spend more of my free time on football than I already do & I don't want to try and artificially make myself care for it, just so I won't be called a misogynist.

stevoc

Wasn't aware it was happening. Nope won't be watching no interest, didn't watch the Men's one either.

Bole Top

zero. for the same reason I don't watch my local team, unless I'm in the mood for a walk in the forest. I just can't take that level seriously.

jeepers

Complete waste of time. I also didn’t watch United much under LvG and Moyes. I might watch the highlights of the semis and finals but not the full matches. Some of the matches will be no better than watching academy football, and I mean under 16s.

Von Mistelroum

I can't seem to find it remotely entertaining other than the gaffes which are usually quite epic. The actual football is really bad, and it's irrelevant whether they're men or women really.

Utd heap

Models for Coin.
I'll keep an eye on it. Travelling at the moment and the timings are a bit shit. Should be fairly open with a US v Germany/England final my call.

DomesticTadpole

Doom-monger obsessed with Herrera & the M.E.N.
Will watch the England games any maybe that are mid mornin /dinnertime. It will have to be on the iplayer as too busy to sit in front of TV in the mornings.

Andy_Cole

Probably not. Just because it’s a pool of unknown people for me. Basically like a new sport. Don’t have the time to research and get interested in this. Maybe watch some latter rounds.

Brophs

The One and Only
Too right. Like I’m going to give up the chance to masturbate in the office without fear of recrimination. It’s called feminism, ladies. Look it up.

Stobzilla

Official Team Perv
You are living out there now, right?

There are several countries qualified where a Men's team has never made it to a WC so I was wondering if their Women get extra support
Nah, COVID put paid to all that, plan is still on but I am going to University first.

The women's side is well revered and well followed in Vietnam so I can see a good turn out for them. The men's side is unfortunately still quite a way off I think!!

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
Yep, when time allows. I've actually been looking forward to it.

lex talionis

Hell yes! If watching the WWC meant missing out on PL action then no, but it does not, thus yes.

foolsgold

Nope, there’s matches in my city but it’s just technically awful, can’t get into it. Not caring who wins is a big problem.

I tried getting into the women’s United team on TV last year but struggled to keep attention.

Big Ben Foster

Correctly predicted Portugal to win Euro 2016
Supports
Also support Vasco da Gama
If Brazil somehow make it far I'll try to tune into a few of their games. Otherwise, no interest.