William Saliba

Oldyella

Man. People get really touchy about football and who's players are better don't they?

WeePat

Supports
Chelsea
The good thing in Saliba being so outrageously good is that we'll easy get 50m for him, even with 1 year left. He's potentially a 80m player, so clubs should be jumping at him even for 50-60m.
I could see that too. Would be a real statement if Arsenal can get him to extend his contract.

RVN1991

City bound in a few seasons. No way he stays at Arsenal for more than 2/3 years.

ThierryHenry14

Supports
Arsenal
City bound in a few seasons. No way he stays at Arsenal for more than 2/3 years.
who knows? People thought there was no way Harry Kane stay for more than 2/3 years in Spurs too. Player comes and goes. No hard feeling.

Sayros

Supports
Paris Saint-Germain
To be fair, Saliba was apparently an Arsenal fan as a child.
That means very little nowadays though. Academy product fosters maybe a bit more loyalty, but even that is unreliable. However, if Arsenal keep progressing every season to the point they could potentially challenge, then why would he want to leave unless it's for a massive contract that Arsenal can't afford. It's much better to be part of a rebuilt contender than joining a behemoth like City that doesn't need you to win.

ThatsGreat

Supports
Arsenal
I could see that too. Would be a real statement if Arsenal can get him to extend his contract.
Some reports coming out that Arsenal have an option for one year extension. If true, that'll make it much more easier to get him to agree on an extension(more than 1 year).

Buxton

Supports
Arsenal
That is correct , Saka and Saliba effectively have 2 and a half years left, Martinelli 3 and a half. There is no panic from the club they just want to reward the three players by massively increasing their wages, at the same time securing them for a couple more years on top of what they have left. If negotiations stopped now and restarted end of season there will still be 2 years left so not a major issue at this stage.

bond19821982

Last Man Standing champion 2019/20
To be fair, Saliba was apparently an Arsenal fan as a child.
He is French and I can understand why he would be an Arsenal fan. But that's also a reason why he won't hesitate to move, the moment PSG or Real comes. I don't think he would move to any English club though.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
That means very little nowadays though. Academy product fosters maybe a bit more loyalty, but even that is unreliable. However, if Arsenal keep progressing every season to the point they could potentially challenge, then why would he want to leave unless it's for a massive contract that Arsenal can't afford. It's much better to be part of a rebuilt contender than joining a behemoth like City that doesn't need you to win.
Yeah, I totally agree with that, it was just in response to the post about Kane.
I'm hoping he's settled in London now, and the fact his good friend from Saint Etienne is in London as well now can't do any harm.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
He is French and I can understand why he would be an Arsenal fan. But that's also a reason why he won't hesitate to move, the moment PSG or Real comes. I don't think he would move to any English club though.
I can't. Being force fed useless Arsenal news, gets old very quickly.

Chaky_Best

Supports 'a joke of a club'.
Could see him starting for France in the WC, he's just been incredible for the past season and a half.
Deschamps will probably play with 3 at the back with Varane being his main man, then you have Hernandez and Kimpembe fighting for the LCB position, and I think Saliba/Pavard/Upamecano/Kounde, fighting for RCB position.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
You’ll do well to keep hold of any of them. I expect them all to move on within 2/3 years. This is Arsenal.
Well Saka is on the verge of signing a new 5 year deal. Martinelli new deal will get done easy.

Saliba is the trickiest one. But dont underestimate the feel good factor at Arsenal. Saliba has already indicated how happy he is. At a minimum we will get to sit down with him and he will likely get the same deal as Saka will get (200k a week). For a oyung 21 year old enjoying life, and getting 10m a year put infornt of you - its tempting all right.

Like I said, all three will pen new deals this season. Saka for instance is pretty much a done deal

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
The good thing in Saliba being so outrageously good is that we'll easy get 50m for him, even with 1 year left. He's potentially a 80m player, so clubs should be jumping at him even for 50-60m.
Your talking about selling him before a dela has been been offered to him.

Im telling you know, Saliba will sign a new deal. he has no interest in leaving.

Non Arsenal fans are just going to have to deal with Saliba, Saka and Martinelli in our team for years to come

William Saliba Provides Update on Potential Arsenal Deal (paininthearsenal.com)

Conor

Your talking about selling him before a dela has been been offered to him.

Im telling you know, Saliba will sign a new deal. he has no interest in leaving.

Non Arsenal fans are just going to have to deal with Saliba, Saka and Martinelli in our team for years to come

William Saliba Provides Update on Potential Arsenal Deal (paininthearsenal.com)
You are genuinely bonkers if you think he has no interest in leaving. If City or Real give him any indication that they would sign him, he's a gonner(not a gunner).

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
You are genuinely bonkers if you think he has no interest in leaving. If City or Real give him any indication that they would sign him, he's a gonner(not a gunner).

Is that what you tell yourself at night? Does it work? Does it make Arsenal feel less of a threat to Man United assuming a mass exodus of our young players?

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
Is that what you tell yourself at night? Does it work? Does it make Arsenal feel less of a threat to Man United assuming a mass exodus of our young players?
You dont have to get worked up if you don't have a counter argument.

Chief123

Well Saka is on the verge of signing a new 5 year deal. Martinelli new deal will get done easy.

Saliba is the trickiest one. But dont underestimate the feel good factor at Arsenal. Saliba has already indicated how happy he is. At a minimum we will get to sit down with him and he will likely get the same deal as Saka will get (200k a week). For a oyung 21 year old enjoying life, and getting 10m a year put infornt of you - its tempting all right.

Like I said, all three will pen new deals this season. Saka for instance is pretty much a done deal
What’s even more tempting is getting paid even more money and moving to a big club where you will actually win trophies. Even when players sign a new contract, it doesn’t guarantee they aren’t going to leave a year or two later.

Conor

I don't give a shit about Arsenal, I'm simply stating that if your French player, who you have had in the squad for 1 season after some stupid loans, hears that any of the best teams in the world want him, he will leave. It's not the most contentious opinion really.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
I don't give a shit about Arsenal, I'm simply stating that if your French player, who you have had in the squad for 1 season after some stupid loans, hears that any of the best teams in the world want him, he will leave. It's not the most contentious opinion really.

but its only opinion. And it an opinion that could very well be wrong.

I dont believe this narrative that 'every player wants to play for City'. Football is dynamic and ever changing.

GoonerInPeace

Supports
Arsenal
What’s even more tempting is getting paid even more money and moving to a big club where you will actually win trophies. Even when players sign a new contract, it doesn’t guarantee they aren’t going to leave a year or two later.

It does guarantee it would cost a fortune to get them. Saka, Saliba and Martinelli on long contracts are 100m each minimum.

phelans shorts

I dont believe this narrative that 'every player wants to play for City'. Football is dynamic and ever changing.
City’s position at the top table is under zero threat with the petrodollars. Arsenal’s is under massive threat (as is Uniteds, before you come back with that)

Chief123

It does guarantee it would cost a fortune to get them. Saka, Saliba and Martinelli on long contracts are 100m each minimum.
All of them already worth over 100m each :lol: It’s amazing what 8 premier league games can do to player values. It was only a few months ago Arsenal fans were getting fed up with Saka.

Conor

Every player may not want to play for City, but I think you'll find the Venn Diagram of players that don't want to play for City, or Real/Barca, or Bayern to have a pretty non-existent intersection.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
All of them already worth over 100m each :lol: It’s amazing what 8 premier league games can do to player values. It was only a few months ago Arsenal fans were getting fed up with Saka.
Value is relative to what someone is willing to pay. Secure all three of them to long term deals, and I doubt Arsenal would accept anything less. Why would they? we don't need the money and want to keep our best players.

Only arseholes beat down their own. That is why I feel such sympathy for Rashford and would take him at Arsenal over any other Utd player for sure.

shoom

Supports
Arsenal
Every player may not want to play for City, but I think you'll find the Venn Diagram of players that don't want to play for City, or Real/Barca, or Bayern to have a pretty non-existent intersection.
If we don't get Champions League football he may decide to move, I think he'll stay if we do though. Not to say the lure isn't there but he's only 21, plenty of time to make that move later on in his career. For now he's playing every week in the PL, if we can offer him a competitive wage and CL football why jeopardise that at this stage in his development.

Nish115

Supports
Arsenal
They were?

TheReligion

Abusive
Only arseholes beat down their own. That is why I feel such sympathy for Rashford and would take him at Arsenal over any other Utd player for sure.

Here’s the famous Gooner fanbase warmly applauding their captain off the pitch.

Wait a minute…

Last edited:

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
One of the most hypocritical things I've read here. The way you treated your own captain is beyond anything we've done to our players and there isn't a club quicker to boo their team off at half or full time than Arsenal.

Such a self-entitled, ignorant fan base and it's going to be hilarious when after 15-20 games you're a mile off City and get dragged into a top 4 battle like the rest of us.

tinfish

Supports
Arsenal
Saliba, Saka and Martinelli will all renew. I am pretty confident about that especially if we secure top 4 this season.

They are all 21 years old, still toddlers in the footballing world. They can still leave after a contract renewal and still not be at their peak.

Not worried at all currently, unless we miss out on top 4 that is.

GoonerBear

Supports
Arsenal
One of the most hypocritical things I've read here. The way you treated your own captain is beyond anything we've done to our players and there isn't a club quicker to boo their team off at half or full time than Arsenal.

Such a self-entitled, ignorant fan base and it's going to be hilarious when after 15-20 games you're a mile off City and get dragged into a top 4 battle like the rest of us.
Why's that so funny? That's the expectation anyway.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal

Wow, you are so upset, I hope you are ok. I also think Arsenal has it's fair share of arseholes pal, like the ones who gave Xhaka abuse.

As if we are going to be in anything but a top 4 battle, that is very obvious, so your last point is just silly. By the way, what is 'hilarious' was seeing the graphic the other day showing that the Utd squad cost more than City's, during a game where you got embarrassed. You have bigger things to worry about than Arsenal.

Now, let's get back to Saliba.

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
Wow, you are so upset, I hope you are ok. I also think Arsenal has it's fair share of arseholes pal, like the ones who gave Xhaka abuse.

As if we are going to be in anything but a top 4 battle, that is very obvious, so your last point is just silly. By the way, what is 'hilarious' was seeing the graphic the other day showing that the Utd squad cost more than City's, during a game where you got embarrassed. You have bigger things to worry about than Arsenal.

Now, let's get back to Saliba.
Oh trust me, if there's one thing I don't worry about it's Arsenal.

BurgerVan

Supports
Arsenal
Oh trust me, if there's one thing I don't worry about it's Arsenal.
Edited my post as I don't want to appear disrespectful to Utd as a guest on a Utd forum.

Saliba's biggest test to date for us this weekend. Don't want to jinx it, but I can see him matching up well with Núñez, it's that little shit Jota I worry about. He loves to torment us.

Last edited: