Willy Kambwala | 2023/24 Performances

cj_sparky

Thought he did alright, showed great attitude when he did make a mistake and liked him trying to get the crowd up.

Hope to see more of him with our current injury situation.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time
In his previous appearances I hadn't seen much to get excited by, but that was seriously impressive. Not perfect, but much better than expected and he mostly dominated the Liverpool attack. After that performance he doesn't deserve to lose his spot no matter who comes back. Let's see if it was a one-off or if he really can stake a claim there.

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
Kambwala's performance was another reminder (as though we needed one) about how important it is to have pace and composure at centre back.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Probably deserves to start the next game as well

Rojofiam

Should be a squad player as the 3rd/4th RCB option from now on. Looks stronger, bigger and faster, than Lindelöf and Evans. He suits a high-line better than those 2 imo. We still need 2 starting quality CBs but I like Willy

redshaw

Looked good. It's a low bar set by those around him but I'd like to see him get more chances.

Fortitude

TV/Monitor Expert
Scout
Something to build off of, which is a huge positive. He's playing to be part of next season's rotation. Let's see how that pans out for him.

Sancho99

Good showing from the lad. He wasn't overwhelmed by the occasion but seemingly rather relished it. Robust in the tackle and it looks likes he's more than capable of playing out from the back too.

Chairman Steve

After Axel Tuanzebe kept Mbappe quiet in one game, I hesitate to get carried away too much.

I remember him being REALLY highly rated in our academy a few years ago, then it all went quiet and suddenly he’s in our first team. What happened exactly?

PoTMS

He did well. He certainly didn't look out of place.

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
Really enjoyed his performance, started off slightly shaky but grew into the game and was our best defender after Dalot without question. I like his confidence and energy.

Sancho99

After Axel Tuanzebe kept Mbappe quiet in one game, I hesitate to get carried away too much.

I remember him being REALLY highly rated in our academy a few years ago, then it all went quiet and suddenly he’s in our first team. What happened exactly?
He got injured for about 18 months if I recall rightly.

NewGlory

United make me feel dirty. And not in a sexy way.
Feck this season. Play this kid in every remaining league game so he gets some real game-time and we can see if he is a genuine option for next season

FujiVice

I just hope for the rest of the season Ten Hag has Willy out every time we play.

Based Adnan

Have to question why he's rarely featured this season if this is what he's capable of

Gabriel Djemba-Bebe

Very likeable player. Already seen him interact with the crowd a couple of times recently - he's not short on confidence at all.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
MoTM for me all things considered.

Haven't seen it back, but from in the stands his booking seemed absurd.

BorisManUtd

We've got Martinez and Lindelof out for a month, Shaw out (can play CB obviously), Evans is a veteran and Varane could too be leaving in few months. Play Kambwala as much as possible, our league season is finished anyway.

Very good performance.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin

Bad Injuries at crucial times in his development. He was really good today. Shaky on the ball but that is to be expected in a makeshift defence against a team that good

arnie_ni

MoTM for me all things considered.

Haven't seen it back, but from in the stands his booking seemed absurd.
One of those that's a yellow now because his foot was high. As neville said on comms, we'd have loved that tackle in our day

Shane88

Actually Nostradamus
Feck this season. Play this kid in every remaining league game so he gets some real game-time and we can see if he is a genuine option for next season
Exactly. Why persist with Varane who plays 1 and misses 4 or Evans, who is 36/37?

There is nothing left to play for in the league. Give him the last half a dozen games and get him familiar with the Premier League. Best case scenario, he thrives and pushes on. Worst case, he flounders.

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
Chucked at the deep end, in the face of adversity.

Ten Hag's Timber situation, hopefully on the cards. Need some fresh legs, like never before.

Irwin99

Kambwala's performance was another reminder (as though we needed one) about how important it is to have pace and composure at centre back.
Yeah if you play this way then it's an absolute must. Made an error in the first half but his sheer pace got him back for the recovery. If he's slower he makes the mistake and pays for it.

A very good game from him I thought.

FujiVice

In a game where most of it we were under the cosh this is incredible stats. Especially against a Liverpool side who were top of the league before yesterday.

Nick7

Have to question why he's rarely featured this season if this is what he's capable of
I guess same reason Tuanzebe wasn’t heavily featured after he pocketed Mbappe? No point judging players on a single game. Kid looks good alright though.

Gazautd18

Hope he gets more starts.
Thought he was excellent and showed composure even when he made mistakes.