Willy Kambwala | 2023/24 Performances

NoPace

He came on and immediately went in for a header he had no chance of getting and created space for Everton to maybe get an opportunity. So uh, loan to Ligue 1 next year?

daveskimufc

Haven't really seen him on the pitch for the first team apart from a good performance against West ham.

How do you guys rate him? See a future here?

Red00012

He’ll be 5th choice defender next season

1 Martinez
2 New Signing
3 Maguire
4 Lindelof
5 Kambwala

I expect Varane and Evans to leave at the end of the season

lsd

The Oracle
Haven't really seen him on the pitch for the first team apart from a good performance against West ham.

How do you guys rate him? See a future here?

He has all the attributes and will be a star whether it's at United or elsewhere remains too be seen. I've no faith in him making it under the current set up

crackers0seven

He’ll be 5th choice defender next season

1 Martinez
2 New Signing
3 Maguire
4 Lindelof
5 Kambwala

I expect Varane and Evans to leave at the end of the season
Evans surely states for another season as 4th or 5th with Willie. Reckon varane and Harry or Victor go. More so victor. I'd be happy for Johnny to stay again. Hasn't be surprisingly good when called upon. And if we don't get top5. Johnny would be grand for europa next season while focusing on league with first teamers.

Robertd0803

Hes in that weird spot now where he needs to play more often but we cant loan him out in the summer because of a lack of depth and poor squad management.

criticalanalysis

If he has a steady head next to him and Casemiro does his job sitting then we can maybe get away with bleeding him into the team.

It's an extremely small sample size but I think he's capable and has looked 'decent' in the centre of defence i.e not as a full back.

Garethw

scored 25-30 goals a season as a right footed RW
We might have to the rate we are going with defenders dropping like flies.
I saw a post early saying put Amrabat at centre half. Why when we have this young lad who’s actually a defender?

If Varane is injured I’d put this lad in alongside Maguire Thursday evening.

Bertie Wooster

If we don't have either Varane or Evans back, then I'd be very disappointed if we opt for a midfielder out of position in defence rather than Kambwala.

I don't see why he'd keep being on the bench if there's no faith in him, and if he doesn't even get a start when we've only one other fit CB in the squad then that would suggest very little faith.

Hopefully, well have a more senior CB available to partner Maguire, but if not I really hope to see Kambwala in there and not a makeshift defence with players out of position.

FrankWhite

Not Frank White
Na, he'll go Casemiro and Harry at CB, so he play Mount, Bruno and Kobbie in midfield

mu4c_20le

I like this boy, confident and strong in the air. Hope he can have some role to play for us even if not a starter.

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
I like this boy, confident and strong in the air. Hope he can have some role to play for us even if not a starter.
Considering all of his competition get injured constantly I think he’s probably got a decent shot

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
He is strong, good in air and seems quick but his passing and technique is bellow average. I am not sure that he has future here.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
I mean, not many do have a future here at this point. Kambwala is really low on the list of players who are problematic.
He is not problematic. Just saying that he is not new Mainoo or Garnacho. Which is shame because we really need good young defender from academy.

Dan_F

Just play him. Evans is pointless now, love him but he won’t be here next year. We need to know if he’s good enough to be fourth choice next year, it’ll save us 40 million.

Ekeke

Yeah if he has even a small chance of a future at the club we need to play him when our CBs are injury prone and not fully fit. Varane has concussion issues and cant finish a match, Evans comes off after 20 mins, Lisandro comes back and gets new injuries so we have to be careful... Just play him. Our CBs arent that good in the first place, at least if he makes the errors they do you can say hes young and learning. Made 1 nice tackle didnt see much of him other than that and him pulling out to the right to receive passes and play normal passes.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Should probably start all of our games til the end of the season. Mainly because the league is pointless anyway, but also because the others can't play for more than 30 minutes so may as well plan with somebody who will play the whole game.

Oranges038

He's not an idiot, that could be the slowest CB pairing the league has ever seen.
Nah, that has to have been Stepanov and Luzhny that time Utd whipped Arsenal 6-1. They were dirt slow.

ETH should definitely put Willy out there to see what he can do, if he can play 90 mins, he can't be much worse than the rest.

RedStarUnited

Between him and Maguire one of them should have taken a yellow and stopped that Chelsea counter that lead the corner and winner..

Unless you are on a yellow and even then considering the time on the clock, stop the attack at all cost!

Sylar

We probably have consistency if we just play him every game now.
Will save one or two subs on the other cbs
Might as well just play him and Maguire

Lash

Supports
Millwall, Saint-Etienne
Nah, that has to have been Stepanov and Luzhny that time Utd whipped Arsenal 6-1. They were dirt slow.

ETH should definitely put Willy out there to see what he can do, if he can play 90 mins, he can't be much worse than the rest.
Huth and Wes Morgan say Hi.
All great answers, but after watching Casemiro "run" yesterday, I'll stick with my original claim.

groovyalbert

it's a mute point
Is at the standard I'd expect a CB coming through the system to be at. Looks comfortable but hasnt exactly excelled - not that there's pressure for him to do so.

Feel for any player coming through in such unstable conditions. They have to be generational (Mainoo, Garnacho) to really stand out right now.

spiriticon

He has got a ridiculously low number of minutes considering we have pretty much no CBs for nearly the entire year due to injuries.

We could have given him more opportunities to find himself instead of throwing him in the deep end time and time again. Our management of him is poor.

RuudTom83

There must be something to gain from starting a CB that is physically able to finish the match?

Starting with Varane, who then needs replacing at half time, who is then replaced 20 minutes later...has to feck up the teams rhythm.

Maguire and Willy against Liverpool is the stuff of nightmares, but at least they have a small chance of staying fit for 90 minutes.

Stig

There must be something to gain from starting a CB that is physically able to finish the match?
So much sad truth in that sentence.

The fact that we are so desperate at CB and he's got so few minutes makes me think that ETH doesn't rate him.

FujiVice

Could be a star made today. Or it could adversely affect his progress and reputation as a talented young player. I sadly dont think there's a middle ground this afternoon.