Willy Kambwala | 2023/24 Performances

ManchesterMats

He did ok. Not the greatest of debuts. But I’ll be glad to give him another shot.

flameinthesun

Did very well I think, can't really think of a moment he put a foot wrong. Will be interesting to see how he develops.

led_scholes

The only positive from today. Lets hope he can make it as a regular. He has some nice attributes.

AneRu

Was quite assured for his Premier League debut. Not sure what his ceiling is, but it’s good to know he is an option if needed.
We need to keep him in the rotation, see where he is at in terms of talent and readiness because we might save a few million if he turns out good or if he proves that his ceiling is high. He has made his debut at a tough place and done well so we need to reward him by working on him to become a proper first team option.

YikesSchmeics

Whether he is good or not, it was refreshing to see a CB at United who wasnt afraid to carry the ball forward and pick a pass. There was a lovely 30 yard diagonal into Garnacho that stood out. Definitely a promising performance. I remember him joining and being highly rated but then every academy game I ever got to watch he seemed to be injured. How has he been for those who do watch?

CallyRed

Had a good debut. Would have been interesting if Antonio had been fit how he'd had faired as he would have been targeted.

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
I'd rather see him get games ahead of Lindelof and Maguire. Might as well fast track a few youth players as we aren't going to make top 4.

Alemar

The only player today whose performance may be considered “average” - others were poor or worse. So essentially it’s MotM on his debut

kundalini

A couple of good defensive actions in the 2nd half. Blocked one shot. Also cut-out a few crosses. Looked uncomfortable in possession in the first half. Overall, better than expected.

Marwood

Nice game for him to come into. We actually kept the ball quite well so there wasn't much for him to do.

Want to know how quick he actually is because we badly need some pace back there.

Bowen got a yard on him and a cross in at one point without doing anything special.

Golden Nugget

I know he’s had injury issues in the past, but was he injured again recently? Don’t recall seeing him in preseason, or on the bench before (I may be wrong) and he’s thrown in and got a start ahead of Bennett.

He looked good and composed so was wondering why he wasn’t involved at all before this

Ace of Spades

The game suited him, he will have no trouble with physicality or 1v1 duels.

He needs to improve on the ball, and needs experience.

Isotope

Ten Years a Cafite
Only one game, but what a treat he’s shown.
He did everything right as CB: positioning (my number one criteria when judging a CB), man marking, comfortable with the ball, and proactive.

he might turn into Tuanzebe (who had great early games), but spare me to get excited about youth performance in a shite game.

Maureen-yo

I know he’s had injury issues in the past, but was he injured again recently? Don’t recall seeing him in preseason, or on the bench before (I may be wrong) and he’s thrown in and got a start ahead of Bennett.

He looked good and composed so was wondering why he wasn’t involved at all before this
Yeah injured and then bench for Liverpool game

Jeffthered

He did very well. Look at our young players... Garnacho, Pellestri, Mainoo.. Rasmus.... coming into this squad with this manager with Bruno Fernandes as Captain. It's a nightmare for them, it's why I blame them for nothing.

Where are the senior, more experienced players???? Casimero; Varane; Maguire; AWB; Rashford; Sancho; Martial; SMT Where are they? Where are their leadership skills? How many of them are stepping up and saying "...I'll sort this sh** out..."

They offer no guidance or stability to the team. You don't know if they are fit or whether they actually want to play for Manchester United from each week. It's a disaster. ETH is no manager of this football club imo.

Cnaiür urs Skiötha

I turned the game on after kick-off (would have been better off spending my time with something else) and got confused when they showed this lad. Thought it’s strange West Ham are playing in white dresses at home.
He surely was not our worst player yesterday.

united for life

He did well overall. He looked confident and seems like a ball playing defender. He always looked for the forward pass when on possession. Not a bad debut for the kid. His physical attributes are surely of a center back. Hope we can develop him well. I would rather we build a team from good home grown players rather than buying flops for 10s of millions

Bondi77

Good performance from the young man and if he is fit for the next game he should at least be a regular bench option to get more experience.

Alemar

Good performance from the young man and if he is fit for the next game he should at least be a regular bench option to get more experience.
But why? He played better than Evans by all accounts, he doesn’t deserve being benched unless 2 senior CBs are back to fitness.

If we may field Varane-Maguire or one of them and Martinez - then yes, but unless it’s an option, Kambwala should at least be ahead of Evans in the pecking order

Bondi77

But why? He played better than Evans by all accounts, he doesn’t deserve being benched unless 2 senior CBs are back to fitness.

If we may field Varane-Maguire or one of them and Martinez - then yes, but unless it’s an option, Kambwala should at least be ahead of Evans in the pecking order
He has only recently returned to reserve football after a long spell out with injuries and he has just made his full debut so I think care should be taken with the young man.

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser

He was not better than Evans yesterday

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
He was statistically, and he didn’t make mistakes Evans made, either.
Evans also did most of the defending and covered him. So yes he didn't get put into those positions. Try watching football over reading stats.

He played a good game no need to get carried away

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
Looked very at home out there, excellent in possession, looks very strong physically, pace, power... Really encouraging debut. Have to keep his age in mind and him having multiple injury issues already, but in the "how do we construct our squad" mindset, he can easily be pencilled in as a guy that can be part of the group if 5 CBs. I'm pretty comfortable with having Lindelof, Evans and Kambwala as backups to Martinez and a new RCB. Give him gametime.

MadDogg

Manchester Utd never lose, just run out of time

I'd say Evans was better throughout the majority of the match. It was just the mistake Evans made for the second goal (where he should have closed the space down) which hurt his stock.

WTF is this? :lol: Not sure if it's satire, a troll, or just an idiot, but the fact he's blaming Kambwala for the first goal instantly means nothing he says can be taken seriously.

MrBrightside1989

Should always be ahead of Evan's in the pecking order, purely from a business perspective if nothing else- few decent performances and he's worth a decent selling fee- Evan's will always be worth £0 at this stage of his career

Ballache

Supports
Martial
He did well but looks extremely raw (unsurprisingly).
I hope we find him a good loan for the 2nd half of the season. We haven't been great a those.

Berbasbullet

Too Boring For A Funny Tagline
Never heard of him a week ago. Very assured debut I thought. Honestly the amount of academy talent we churn out is impressive (obviously still no idea how good he is).

Sparky Rhiwabon

I'd say Evans was better throughout the majority of the match. It was just the mistake Evans made for the second goal (where he should have closed the space down) which hurt his stock.

WTF is this? :lol: Not sure if it's satire, a troll, or just an idiot, but the fact he's blaming Kambwala for the first goal instantly means nothing he says can be taken seriously.
Yeah I thought he did pretty well overall for his debut