Wimbledon 2010

Status
Not open for further replies.

Baby Faced Assassin

Pastor of Muppets
With a record stopping quarter final exit in the Rolland Garros, will Federer be able to defend his championship?

I think a Fed-Nadal showdown is looming ahead. I hope Federer prevails but Nadal is looking in brilliant form.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Nadal has looked the most consistent this year, but on grass Roger is king. I'm hoping for another epic Rafa-Roger final.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Oh and prepare for the customary vomit inducing dose of 'Murray mania' again and the usual 'this is the year' 'can he go all the way' bollox.....fecking gets on me tits to be honest, everyone knows he aint going to win the thing so save us all the hype will you.

Must say thats the one thing thats always made Wimbledon my least favourite grand slam to watch, because of the crap spouted about any half decent British player, before Murray it was all that Henman shit, whilst everyone knew he was never good enough to win the BBC kept desperately trying to convince us (and themselves) he could before the inevitable 'poor Tim, wasnt he so close Borris' shite.

ha_rooney

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
Oh and prepare for the customary vomit inducing dose of 'Murray mania' again and the usual 'this is the year' 'can he go all the way' bollox.....fecking gets on me tits to be honest, everyone knows he aint going to win the thing so save us all the hype will you.

Must say thats the one thing thats always made Wimbledon my least favourite grand slam to watch, because of the crap spouted about any half decent British player, before Murray it was all that Henman shit, whilst everyone knew he was never good enough to win the BBC kept desperately trying to convince us and themselves he could before the inevitable 'poor time he was so close' shite.
Murray has been dreadful this year, I don't expect him to go beyond the QFs considering his form and the added pressure of the hype he gets at Wimbledon, as you point out.

Alex

Nadal will beat Federer in 5 sets again I reckon

Venus will probably win the women's side

Widnes

Think Federer will win it, would really like Andy Roddick to win it though lost with real class last year.

And hopefully a first round exit for Andy Murray.

Allforone

United could spend £85million on David De Gea, Phi
Think Federer will win it, would really like Andy Roddick to win it though lost with real class last year.

And hopefully a first round exit for Andy Murray.
:lol: Now that would be good, i could enjoy the rest of the tournament if that happened plus it would save the BBCs coverage the embaressment of watching Britains great hope get the inevitable skull fecking from a Nadal or Federer.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Another Nadal-Federer classic please.
But we've been spoiled for the last three years, I reckon this year we'll have a boring final.

Wouldn't begrudge Roddick a slam but this is probably not going to happen.

Oh an hopefully the Murray cocksucking ends soon.

Skelter

Internet GYPO

Must say thats the one thing thats always made Wimbledon my least favourite grand slam to watch, because of the crap spouted about any half decent British player, before Murray it was all that Henman shit, whilst everyone knew he was never good enough to win the BBC kept desperately trying to convince us (and themselves) he could before the inevitable 'poor Tim, wasnt he so close Borris' shite.
You won't be watching the World Cup then.

Sam

Hopefully anyone but Federer wins it.

I'd love it to be Roddick, but I feel he had his last shot at it last year.

FranklyVulgar

I've got a pretty little mouth underneath all the
:lol: Now that would be good, i could enjoy the rest of the tournament if that happened plus it would save the BBCs coverage the embaressment of watching Britains great hope get the inevitable skull fecking from a Nadal or Federer.
feckin hell that's exactly how i feel about having to watch all the rediculous hype surrounding england every 2 to 4 years.

I love Murray though, hope he wins it. But being honest about it he wont. But the more people say he wont the better chance he's got. I still think he can pick up a slam but all the talk of "he's too good not to" is bollocks. That defeat to Feds in australia crushed him and hes only just getting over it really, in terms of performance at least.

It's wierd, you would think players would have a "nothing to lose" attitude when facing nadal and federer but they still freeze up and cant perform.

Rams

aspiring to be like Ryan Giggs

Murray is far more than a half decent player. Murray is 1,000x better than Henman and as every tennis profesional will tell you Murray is a potential winner at all grand slams apart from the French. So in that sense Murray mania is not unjustified.
His form has been poor since the Australian but at the French he showed signs of getting his form back. Having said that, I think that either Federer or Nadal will win this year.

brewlio

A prince among poopers
Federer. After Sampras, undoubtedly the finest player to have ever graced the centre court. Nadal may be the king of clay, but he doesn't even come close to Federer's all round game on grass.

Raees

Pythagoras in Boots
Federer has been past his peak for quite a while in my opinion and I believe that this past year while Nadal has been struggling has painted a false picture of who really is the best player in the world today.

If Nadal stays fit... I think he'll win it, though of course Murray and Federer have a chance too.

Brophs

The One and Only
Federer's past his peak. There's no denying that. But he's still the best pound-for-pound grass court player out there. It's the mental scarring that Nadal's inflicted on him that's most dangerous.

Nadal looked somewhere close to his best in the French Final, but I have my doubts that he can keep doing that without his knees suffering. If you read some of the dstories in the tennis press he seems to be getting a lot of treatment before and after matches, so I'm not sure how he will fare, epsecially given that the grass courts are becoming harder and harder.

Murray will get to the quarters at least, but I can't see him beating either of the others if it gets really tight. Roddick will probably not be able to match last year's efforts, Djokovic will do his usual and Soderling isn't at his best on grass.

Federer v Nadal final for me. If it goes to five sets Nadal will win it. Otherwise I'd fancy Federer to pinch it.

Skelter

Internet GYPO
Fed's past his consistency peak, but he still has all the shots. Besides, his experience and ability to come good at the right time often makes up for it (see Australian Open this year). Would be very tight again in a final here against Nadal, like Wimbledon 08 and Australia 09.

I expect the usual suspects to come through - Fed, Nadal, Murray, Roddick.

And it'd be nice to see Roddick finally get a win here, running out of chances now.

wr8_utd

:'(
Hopefully anyone but Federer wins it.

I'd love it to be Roddick, but I feel he had his last shot at it last year.
And he bloody spectacularly bottled it.

3 Set points in that 2nd set tie break :mad:

wr8_utd

Federer. After Sampras, undoubtedly the finest player to have ever graced the centre court. Nadal may be the king of clay, but he doesn't even come close to Federer's all round game on grass.
Which perfectly explains why Nadal beat him last time they met there.

And let's remember Nadal has played less than 40 tennis matches on grass in his life.

Brophs

The One and Only
Which perfectly explains why Nadal beat him last time they met there.

And let's remember Nadal has played less than 40 tennis matches on grass in his life.
You don't think you're reading too much into one game?

He may well be his superior on grass (or any surface) now, but winning one game in a season where Federer's own form was quite poor doesn't prove anything. If Nadal can beat him again then there's a serious question to be asked. If he could dominate him like he does on clay then even more so.

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
Watched a bit of Rafa today till the rain delay. He does look to have added a new dimension to his game on grass.

wr8_utd

You don't think you're reading too much into one game?

He may well be his superior on grass (or any surface) now, but winning one game in a season where Federer's own form was quite poor doesn't prove anything. If Nadal can beat him again then there's a serious question to be asked. If he could dominate him like he does on clay then even more so.
Nadal got to 3 back to back finals and gave Fed a hard game everytime.

Fed was in fine form in 08 when Nadal beat him

wr8_utd

Nadal's looked very poor since the rain break today.

Struggling in the heavy wind. Lost the second set. Hope he can win this match because he needs as much practice as possible on grass before Wimbledon

wr8_utd

Grass is quicker. Serves come up much quicker on grass than on clay.

Clay is an extremely slow surface and points last much longer.

That's just a basic difference.

Oh and Clay is brown and grass is green :lol:

Ole's_toe_poke

Ole_Aged_Slow_Poke
I'm no tennis master so what are the main differencies between on clay and on grass ?
Clay is slower and higher bounce which suits guys who like playing from the back of the court.

Grass is quick and low bounce which suits the big servers.

Although since about 2000 onwards the grass courts at Wimbledon have gotten slower and you have seen baseliners like Nadal being able to do well.

It is all about changing the way you think about playing which can be tough as you are used to playing on clay for two months before Wimbledon and you have only one tune up event before.

wr8_utd

Hmm but Wimbledon has become quite slow now. The grass is nowhere as fast as it used to be.

wr8_utd

2 match points on serve. Misses a shocking sitter.

Now gets broken.

Sorry but I take back my opinion. He's not winning Wimbeldon. No chance.

EDIT: Got a bit too worked up :lol:

muller

Murray will win, England will win, it will be the greatest summer for national sport in memory.

2010. I like the year.

wr8_utd

Finally he wins it. Even though these conditions have been terrible there is no excuse for such a poor display by Nadal.

He needs to improve a LOT to get to the final at Wimbeldon.

Status
Not open for further replies.