Wimbledon 2015

Bole Top

Novak was amazing today, almost like a machine. easily among the best ever already.

elmo

Can never have too many Eevees
He lost the game the moment he dropped the first set.

Amazing that 3 of the top 10 players of all time are playing currently in the men's tennis. Women's tennis is a sham compared to this.

Ivor Ballokov

Is Benidict starting to annoy anyone else? Every sporting event he makes an appearance at.

Rodger is such a nice guy, always thought his wife was punching above her weight.
I think Mirka is very pretty, she does look a bit like Roger's mum though which is weird.

Raoul

Admin
Staff
Reaching the final is something else to winning it. Since 2010 he has won only 2 grand slams (Wimbledon in 2012 and Australian Open in 2010). His only chance is winning Wimbledon but he needs to avoid Djokovic/Nadal to do so.
No shit sherlock. The point is he made the finals, which is a far cry from not being up for winning a slam. If that were the case he would've been getting bounced in the early rounds.

Sam

Anyone else find this part of the tournament a little sad? The Sunday just after the final when you know its all over for another year :(

Waldner

Balloon headed Pokemon innovator & kitten murderer
Pleased Federer came unstuck, don't think I would've been able to handle the wankathon had he won another Wimbledon.

Also going back to the Murray match Friday - at the very elite level of sport if someone plays at their absolute peak then they can outclass any other opponent. Federer playing like that would've beaten anyone that day, in the same way that when Murray plays at his absolute peak noone can match him. What separates the best from everyone else is how often they can play at or near this peak, that's all.

Sam

Hingis and Paes are taking the piss here :lol:

6-1 3-0 in a wimbledon final.

kps88

This could be over in less than 45 minutes. Surely must be close to some sort of record for a Grand Slam final?

Sam

Great interview with Novak just there in the studio.

He always comes across brilliantly off the court, I just wish his on court persona matched that.

amolbhatia50k

Sneaky bum time - Vaccination status: dozed off
:( Federer

Oh well, I didn't expect him to beat Djokovic in the final.

Federer probably needs to avoid him at the U.S. Open to have a chance. Even so, at his age now an 18th grand slam looks unlikely.

DOTA

wants Amber Rudd to call him a naughty boy
:( Federer

Oh well, I didn't expect him to beat Djokovic in the final.

Federer probably needs to avoid him at the U.S. Open to have a chance. Even so, at his age now an 18th grand slam looks unlikely.
Think Murray's the only threat to Djokovic these days?

EDIT - Apart from having a bad day and losing to someone he shouldn't, like at Roland Garros.

amolbhatia50k

Think Murray's the only threat to Djokovic these days?

EDIT - Apart from having a bad day and losing to someone he shouldn't, like at Roland Garros.
Yeah no I don't think Djokovic is invincible or anything. There are players who can beat him. He didn't even have a bad day per say vs wawrinka. But there's not much you can do when you're blown off the court by someone with heavier shots. He's the favourite these days and rightfully so. His consistency is great and he's in a great moment in terms of form and fitness. But a lot can happen. Murray has beaten him before. Federer can as well but only if we takes it in 3 or 4. The first set today could have gone either way. U.S. Open should be fun.

amolbhatia50k

Federer seems to take losing pretty well now. I guess that happens when you're 34. But to me he still looks a man that feels he can win another one. And I'm not sure it's the be all and end all for him either. He seemed satisfied today. And you can't really say he's wrong. At the age of nearly 34 he's had a fantastic tournament. Hope he keeps it up for one more year at least. If he keeps this form up he has a shout of winning things and we get to watch more of the great man in full flow once in awhile.

Bojan11

Hate this period of the year with Wimbledon being over.

The clay season and short grass season are the best period of tennis in the year.

amolbhatia50k

Hate this period of the year with Wimbledon being over.

The clay season and short grass season are the best period of tennis in the year.
Nothing compares to Wimbledon. The surface, the tradition. Although the surface was better earlier IMO. It's too slow now.

U.S. Open is good too with all the night matches and stuff. But I don't like the 5th set tie breaker. So American.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Nothing compares to Wimbledon. The surface, the tradition. Although the surface was better earlier IMO. It's too slow now.

U.S. Open is good too with all the night matches and stuff. But I don't like the 5th set tie breaker. So American.
They have a fifth set tie break? Didn't know that- thought it would be consistent across all slams under LTA rules.

Rado_N

Yaaas Broncos!
Lewis Hamilton was refused entry to the Royal Box for the final as he wasn't appropriately dressed :lol::lol:

DOTA

They have a fifth set tie break? Didn't know that- thought it would be consistent across all slams under LTA rules.
Should be. The potential for never ending matches is the potential for lawsuits.

DOTA

:confused:Lawsuits? That Isner match a few years back was epicly ridiculous- 70-68 in the fifth:lol:
It was bloody awesome. But if one of them had done themselves in, they would have had an open and close case.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
It was bloody awesome. But if one of them had done themselves in, they would have had an open and close case.
I googled that Isner match. I had it in my head it was 30-28 or so. Forgot it was that long- 11.5 hours! No wonder he got annihilated in the next round.
I don't see the legal threat though. They all know the rules of the competition.

DOTA

I googled that Isner match. I had it in my head it was 30-28 or so. Forgot it was that long- 11.5 hours! No wonder he got annihilated in the next round.
I don't see the legal threat though. They all know the rules of the competition.
They do but it's quite clearly an unreasonable demand.

Pentagruel

He lost the game the moment he dropped the first set.

Amazing that 3 of the top 10 players of all time are playing currently in the men's tennis. Women's tennis is a sham compared to this.
But in the end they must all kneel for the queen.

In all seriousness though. Men's tennis is lucky to have 3 incredible champions all bordering on the same generation, and it's sad to watch them slowly fade away now. It's really been a privilege. As for the WTA, the same can be said for Serena. She is simply the best ever, and you can blame her competition for being impotent, just like you can blame the rest of the ATP. But it's not really fair. These players don't come around very often, and rather then deride their competition you should celebrate the achievements of champions. When they retire they will leave a void, and I truly wonder who can fill that. I guess that's the next excitement.