Winter Olympics 2022

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Seems Valieva either succummbed to the pressure, or took a dive. I have a feeling I know which way.

What a mess the whole situation has been! they probably should have kept it quiet and never let her enter.

Is there no age limit on Olympics? 15 just seems far to young to have such pressure on you.

Jippy

Sleeps with tramps, bangs jacuzzis, dirty shoes
Staff
Seems Valieva either succummbed to the pressure, or took a dive. I have a feeling I know which way.

What a mess the whole situation has been! they probably should have kept it quiet and never let her enter.

Is there no age limit on Olympics? 15 just seems far to young to have such pressure on you.
The two Russians before her were unbelievably good.

paulscholes18

Not sure about the age limit, in the last summer Olympics our skateboarder who won bronze was 13.

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
The two Russians before her were unbelievably good.
I didn't watch this round but I saw her previous ones and she just looked imperious.

Probably for the best she didn't win, now the noise can settle down a bit.
Not sure about the age limit, in the last summer Olympics our skateboarder who won bronze was 13.
It really does seem a little bonkers for an international event. As long as they've got a good support network I guess.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
For some reason curling is the only Olympic sport I'm interested in. I'm not sure if it's because the British team is usually Scottish or because it's like a crazy version of grass bowling.

Fully expect the women's team to get smashed by Sweden but it would be awesome to see both British teams in their finals.

Alemar

I didn't watch this round but I saw her previous ones and she just looked imperious.
Valieva would have won gold with a big margin if she performed like in team event. But both Scherbakova and Trusova were not just good, both delivered personal career bests. And Valieva didn’t cope with the bullying (and who would have coped at 15?)

Sakamoto in 3rd didn’t show anything specific, but of course when Valieva fell from almost all jumps someone had to become third.

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
For some reason curling is the only Olympic sport I'm interested in. I'm not sure if it's because the British team is usually Scottish or because it's like a crazy version of grass bowling.

Fully expect the women's team to get smashed by Sweden but it would be awesome to see both British teams in their finals.
Quite funny how many play shuffleboards, atleast where i live, but have no clue that it's curling in table version - and if they knew, they still wouldn't watch curling.

Biathlon is by far the best sport to watch. Might be less interesting if your country isn't very good at it, but if you want a sport with lots of action and crazy turns that change the leaderbord in just a matter of seconds, nothing beats biathlon!

RedDevilQuebecois

Man, this is just crazy. What kind of unhealthy environment does the ROC build inside Sambo 70? I have never seen that kind of outburst from an athlete after winning an Olympic medal.

Last edited:

utdalltheway

Sexy Beast
That was some fcuked up stuff there at the end of the figure skating. All of the medal winners looked miserable.
great job cas. Eejits.

Grylte

Great day for us Noggies!
Love to see Tiril get silver after the relay.

Skåre Willoch

15 gold, and still counting!
Amazing, especially considering Riiber wasn't really available and the collapse on the 30k in the beginning.

ChrisNelson

What a shot from Eve in the 9th end to take 4 back and put GB ahead 11-8! Big favourites to reach the final now.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
fecking fantastic shot by GB for that 9th end. 4 stones. Nise.

What a shot from Eve in the 9th end to take 4 back and put GB ahead 11-8! Big favourites to reach the final now.
Its swung around now.

Question: can't GB just clear every stone and give up 1 in the final end?
Great minds think alike :lol:

I think they could but it would be risky?

slyadams

fecking fantastic shot by GB for that 9th end. 4 stones. Nise.

Great minds think alike :lol:

I think they could but it would be risky?
Whenever they try to peel guards they never seem to miss, its a huge target. Yet they put up guards, let stones get in the house and it gets a bit complex. I don't really understand, but I'm sure there's a good reason.

ChrisNelson

What a shot from Sweden to force the extra end.

I am assuming GB get the hammer?

Felt like Eve's last stone could have been better.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
Whenever they try to peel guards they never seem to miss, its a huge target. Yet they put up guards, let stones get in the house and it gets a bit complex. I don't really understand, but I'm sure there's a good reason.
I don't think you're allowed to clear anything for the first couple of stones?

Reds now cleared in the circle thingy. Now it's time to smash them!

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
The feckers speak English but talk to one another in Swedish! That would be really unfair if the GB team spoke English as well.

slyadams

I don't think you're allowed to clear anything for the first couple of stones?

Reds now cleared in the circle thingy. Now it's time to smash them!
That would explain it. Would make defending an end super easy.

The way things are now, this should be easy for GB.

Alemar

So it’s Finland vs Russia in the hockey final. Interesting

RedDevilQuebecois

Hope the Finns will win the men's hockey final. When Canada is not there, Finland is the team I wish to go all the way. And besides, they have had this badass goal song running for a few years now.

Grylte

Sad that they changed the 50km to 28,4km because of the weather, instead of waiting one day.
The 50km is like one of the biggest events of the Olympics, pretty much the winter version of the 100m in the summer.
Now it's not even the longest race!

massi83

Now that Norwegians have had their party for 2 weeks, it is good time to remind them that Mats Zuccarello is their best winter sport athlete. And he is not in top50 in his sport, and second best Norwegian is not in top1000. 4 Finnish NHL players make more money than all of the Norwegian winter olympic athletes combined.

Grylte

Now that Norwegians have had their party for 2 weeks, it is good time to remind them that Mats Zuccarello is their best winter sport athlete. And he is not in top50 in his sport, and second best Norwegian is not in top1000. 4 Finnish NHL players make more money than all of the Norwegian winter olympic athletes combined.
:lol:

Too bad ice hockey really isn't played or cared about outside of the US, Canada, Sweden, Finland and Russia... maybe i forgot a country or two.
It's not even shown on tv in Norway :p
By all means, we have kept an eye on Zucca, and know he's done alright, but not many care about the sport apart from a couple towns in eastern Norway.
I genuinely never hear people talk about it.

Alemar

Bolshunov, Yakimishkin, Krueger on the podium. Bolshunov wins 9th Olympic medal in his 9th Olympic race, this time his 3rd gold.

Last edited: