Winter Olympics 2022

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Extra end but sweden have the hammer. Aaaaand they win gold

Last edited:

Alemar

So only 2 interesting competitions remain: hockey final and women ski marathon tomorrow. Any forecasts?

massi83

As 25 medals is given from ice hockey, Russia will take most medals from the games, tough luck Norway! And Finland will be second, with 56 medals, unless Norway gets a medal from Alpine team event tomorrow.

DON’T PANIC ™

Extra end but sweden have the hammer. Aaaaand they win gold
Yeah, there’s something slightly unfair about it all hanging on one extra end that can be won on by single stone. Having the hammer is a huge advantage. It would be fairer if teams had to keep repeating the extra end until a team wins the end by 2 clear points with the hammer alternating.

Wilt

Yeah, there’s something slightly unfair about it all hanging on one extra end that can be won on by single stone. Having the hammer is a huge advantage. It would be fairer if teams had to keep repeating the extra end until a team wins the end by 2 clear points with the hammer alternating.
Agreed, minimum two clear points would be much fairer.

massi83

As 25 medals is given from ice hockey, Russia will take most medals from the games, tough luck Norway! And Finland will be second, with 56 medals, unless Norway gets a medal from Alpine team event tomorrow.
Norway does get the bronze, on some very weird rule technicals. Should be out already on first round as 2/4 ski out, they were 2-2 on all rounds they won with more dnf's, which obviously should be the tie-breaker. Silly rules just about save Norway from huge embarrasment of losing to Finland on total medals won. Still long way from Russia, so we can all agree that Norway has been the biggest losers in these olympics!

Wilt

Gold !!!

Congratulations GB women’s curling team :)

Grylte

"nothing wrong with some friendly incest, bro"
Therese Johaug won the 30km in her last Olympics, that woman is sick.
2 minutes ahead of 2nd place.

massi83

In the end it didn't matter that NHL players were not there, best team won anyway!

Finland destroys Putin's bitches.

Jukka Jalonen could win a trophy even with United.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
Disagree. The hammer doesn't alternate, it goes to the team that loses the frame and remains with thrm in case of a blank. Teams can and often do intentionally not score points just to keep the hammer. It's perfectly fair that if you're chasing the game and have several consecutive ends with the hammer and the most you can do is push the extra end, you're gonna need to break to win

Alemar

2 minutes ahead of 2nd place, that’s too fast from Johaug.

rimaldo

All about the essence
Supports
arse
nice to see the british women doing so much better than the scottish men and bringing home the gold for blighty.

DON’T PANIC ™

Disagree. The hammer doesn't alternate, it goes to the team that loses the frame and remains with thrm in case of a blank. Teams can and often do intentionally not score points just to keep the hammer. It's perfectly fair that if you're chasing the game and have several consecutive ends with the hammer and the most you can do is push the extra end, you're gonna need to break to win
What I was suggesting was that the extra end should be replayed with the hammer alternating until a team wins the end by 2 clear points. It’s too easy for the team with the hammer to win the extra end by a single point.

giorno

boob novice
Supports
Real Madrid
What I was suggesting was that the extra end should be replayed with the hammer alternating until a team wins the end by 2 clear points. It’s too easy for the team with the hammer to win the extra end by a single point.
As it should be. The extra end shouldn't ignore the previous 10. Not to mention games would never end

Cheimoon

Made of cheese
Scout
Supports
no-one in particular
In the end it didn't matter that NHL players were not there, best team won anyway!

Nice! :-)

Well done Leijonat - very happy for Finland.

RedDevilQuebecois

I'm really happy for them too. That team really showed plenty of heart to make the turnaround possible.

Big up to Valtteri Filppula for adding Olympic goal after the 2008 Stanley Cup with Detroit. He really waited a long time to taste the joys of a title again, and he's one of those players I'd have loved to have on my team.

massi83

Nice! :-)

Well done Leijonat - very happy for Finland.
It is odd nowadays, it used to be free money to bet against us. But now, we are favourites pre-tournament, win every game deservedly, and I look at odds before final 53-47 Finland, and I think, nah, at least 65% for us. Winning culture matters. Didn't concede a goal 5vs5 in the last 5 games!
I'm really happy for them too. That team really showed plenty of heart to make the turnaround possible.

Big up to Valtteri Filppula for adding Olympic goal after the 2008 Stanley Cup with Detroit. He really waited a long time to taste the joys of a title again, and he's one of those players I'd have loved to have on my team.
Yeah, maybe he can add WC in May! Great leader, intelligent, solid player and was 68% in the faceoffs. Noticebly getting slower though and probably was part of our worst line.

Hopefully the World Cup happens in 2024, wouldn't bet against us, if Jalonen is still coach. Need 1 top defender in addition to Heiskanen though, forwards match up against anyone.

Would be interesting to see Jalonen coach in NHL, but probably nobody dares to hire him. Kekäläinen and Columbus might, but probably even he doesn't have the balls to do it.

Dante

Average bang
Winter Olympics: Finnish cross-country skier suffers frozen penis in 50km race

The men’s 50km mass start skiiing race at the Beijing Games was shortened to 30km but that did little to help Finland’s Remi Lindholm, who needed a heat pack at the end of the race to thaw out a particularly sensitive body part.

Lindholm spent just under an hour and 16 minutes traversing the course in howling, freezing winds, leading to his penis becoming frozen for the second time in a cross-country skiing race, following a similar incident in Ruka, Finland last year.

“You can guess which body part was a little bit frozen when I finished ... it was one of the worst competitions I’ve been in,” he told Finnish media. “It was just about battling through.”
link