Kick-off
Sat, 16 March 2019 @ 7:55pm GMT
Status

Closed

Discussion Live Updates 82 Your Lineup Prediction

• Status
    Not open for further replies.

Frank Grimes

Cowardly? They're all about counter attack, which is presumably why the do better against better sides. They've defended extremely well, we look shite going forward, just labour some passes together around the left side of their box and then lose the ball. Their game plan is working great so far.
    They are usually a bit more proactive at home. Cowardly may be harsh but very cautious at least. They could beat us going toe to toe imo.
    I hope we make them pay by getting a dodgy deflected 85th minute winner.

Cathy Ferguson

Wolves defended very well, and we make it easy for them. Our three front players are getting exposed. Martial is hardly trying.

Shimo

Not sure what happened to the fluidity of our front 3, Lingard is about the only on floating around but, he doesn't seem to have any creativity. With Wolves being well drilled, there is not space in behind at the moment, some how need to start stretching play with our fb and get better crosses in.

Gasolin

According to espn+ the ball has come down martials side 52% of the time. How many years now has it been clear we need a quality player on the right? Shame on all the managers before Ole and after SAF.
    Part of it is us deliberately forcing the ball to be on the left and waiting to shift it to the right to get more space. At least, in theory.

glazed

Eats diamonds to beat thermodynamics
    Wolves looking to PSG our right. Romero is too good to be a reserve keeper. We look better though.

AndyJ1985

According to espn+ the ball has come down martials side 52% of the time. How many years now has it been clear we need a quality player on the right? Shame on all the managers before Ole and after SAF.
    We have managers who are blind to our weaknesses. Even Ferguson was guilty of it with our midfield

Rooney1987

By your standard everyone is bad, I get it, you don't like Rashy but I think you would have hated Ronaldo when he came then.
    Rashford always attracts so much hate on here. Has he been poor yeah he has but so has Pogba and Martial.

Dinghy

Deny Rashford and Lingard any space and they both look like Championship-players. Wolves constantly has their whole team behind the ball and most of our defenders and midfielders are shite on the ball and unable to pass it forward.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
    Seriously that was a clear pen. What the feck VAR. He put his arms up and his arm blocked the shot. As clear as it gets.
    He pulled his forearm to his chest and was holding his arm right to his body. Can't see much of an attempt to use his arm to block the shot or make his body bigger there. Exactly the opposite really.

KennyBurner

:lol: No we don't. We could put any other player in there to receive the ball in space, take three touches, and then play a simple pass. He slows down every single move he's involved in. He seems incapable of measuring the weight of his passes, whether that's blasting in a ball at Martials neck, or rolling a moss gatherer in the space in between Shaw and Martial. We've seen that even with McTominay in there, whom I think is very average, we miss him not a jot.
    The players we have in our squad in his position aren't consistent enough to do all these thins you are saying. If they were they would be starting. Matic is still good enough and this agenda you have against him will have to wait till the summer. :)

Trophy Room

Our attacking is pretty much nonexistent.

You'd swear a grumpy Portuguese virus was in the dugout
    Its still not very well coached imo. When the counter attacking option is not there and the confidence is not sky high then that element of risk taking seemes to leave us. We don't seem to have an attacking structure to fall back on.

Canagel

I think we'll break them down. it's all on the first goal and we've been very good imo until the last third. very congested in their box though.

SAFMUTD

We seriously lack creativity, they are just waiting and counterattacking, awful first half from Pogba and Herrera, we should do way better than this

LingiBW

Watch as Ole makes his 1st sub on the 89th min whilst we playing badly.

buckooo1978

I think we will improve in the second half - quicker pace and more incisive

our passing was poor and I think our only decent ball in behind was from Smalling

this could be a game for Mata

Jazz

Just in case anyone missed it. I don't like Mount.
    I just want a win. Any kind will do.

Nickthepip

Wolves have done their homework. They don't want to be hit on the break and so are playing for the counter.

The fact we struggle so much in these scenarios suggest we need a creative ball playing midfielder more than anything. Mata might be our best option tonight.

yamo123x

A very arrogant performance from our front 4, need to do better. Dalot needs to do more too

Second-half kick-off

MrBest

Martial and lingard are not match fit. Rashford is in need of a break, has he recovered from that knock against Pool? Matic Ander have just come back from injury. This team has not played together since Jan. So many rusty areas, why are many surprised? The only real negative i have is how poor Pogba has been. Hes had a good break.

Second-half kick-off

No changes at the break.

KennyBurner

I actually think mhki would have been good under Ole. he seems to be doing pretty alright under emery so far. Would slot nicely on the right under Ole. Damn you once again Mourinho.

We're controlling the game well, we just need a bit more movement from the recent returnees. The quality of our overall play is better than it has been recently.

LingiBW

Who amongst our players is staying behind for the internationals???

These players need a mid-season training mk2.

ivaldo

Mediocre Horse Whisperer, s'up wid chew?
    And yet he has the most tackles/interceptions and his passing has started the few half attacks we've had. What a ridiculous take, try actually watching him play instead of usual blame everything on Matic.
    How many interceptions and tackles does he have? No it hasn’t. He’s done buggar all on ball. Happy for you to signpost me. I watch him, week in week out, continuously do the sum of sod all and yet dogmatic posters like you, who I assume are just too proud to admit you were wrong about him, defend him irrespective of what’s happening on the pitch. It’s pathetic.

Smores

Seems like the players are back to needing a half time bollocking.

Janson

God I wish we would start to coach our players some fluid attacking football and not be dependent on moments of individual brilliance.
    And I wish fans would stop calling for managers to teach the players how to play football. You need players to be on the same wavelength for that to happen.

Buster15

Go on Didier
    Supports
    Bristol Rovers
    Smalling has a reputation for being bad with his feet, but does anyone else think under Ole he's been quite impressive with his passing?
    Absolutely agree. He has become not only a dependable defender but his distribution is nothing like as bad as some say.

46 min

Chance within the first minute of the half for Rashford as he shows great pace to race past Coady and into the box. It's a tight-ish angle and he pulls it wide.

bosnian_red

Worst scout to ever exist
    He pulled his forearm to his chest and was holding his arm right to his body. Can't see much of an attempt to use his arm to block the shot or make his body bigger there. Exactly the opposite really.
    Well forearms shouldn't be at his chest, his arms should be at his side no? Him bending them up like that is making his body frame bigger relative to the shot.

Bastian

Supports
    Mejbri
    They are usually a bit more proactive at home. Cowardly may be harsh but very cautious at least. They could beat us going toe to toe imo.
    I hope we make them pay by getting a dodgy deflected 85th minute winner.
    I just hope we manage to string a few passes together and play like a team.

Status
    Not open for further replies.
Post-match discussion

Player Ratings

4.5 Total Average Rating

Highest Rated Player

Lowest Rated Player

Compiled from 335 ratings.

Score Predictions

• Man Utd win
  • Wolves win
  • Draw