Woman admits to giving 8 year old daughter botox

Eyepopper

Lowering the tone since 2006
A British woman, originally from Birmingham and now living in San Francisco, has admitted to giving her eight-year-old daughter Botox injections to 'get rid of her wrinkles'.

Kerry Campbell told ‘Good Morning America’ she injects her daughter Britney to help her keep up in the intensively competitive world of the child beauty pageant circuit.

According to Kerry, 34, Britney has become used to the injections and is fine with them, but Britney revealed she used to cry when she first had the procedure.

"It hurts sometimes. It makes me nervous. But I get used to it."
During the interview, Britney revealed the reasons she gets the injections.

“I just don’t think wrinkles are nice for little girls.”

Britney revealed she’s also had her upper leg area waxed. However, despite the fact that she thinks hairy legs are ‘unladylike,’ she’s stopped having the procedure done as the pain was too much for her to bear.

Kerry says she’s not the only parent to administer Botox treatment to her child, and claims she got the idea from other pageant mothers.

“A lot of mums there give their kids Botox. It’s pretty much like the thing.

I’m not the only one that does it. A lot of mums do it.”

Kerry, a part-time esthetician, claims that she’s been administering Botox injections on herself for several years, and that she feels the procedure is safe.

When asked about whether these procedures signify a loss of childhood innocence, Kerry replied: “It’s a tough world in the pageant world.”

She wouldn’t reveal who supplies her with the Botox but says he is a trusted source ‘behind the doctor’s scene’.

Health professionals have openly criticised Kerry’s actions, saying the procedures, while physically painful, also have the potential to leave lifelong psychological scars.

“I’m a little bit in disbelief, and a little bit horrified,” Dr. Charles Sophy, a psychiatrist and medical director in California, told the breakfast show.

“There’s a lot of psychological damage that can be caused. That’s where psychological intervention needs to happen to make sure there are no blurred boundaries and projections going on that are going to have longer psychological ramifications for this child.”

But how does eight-year-old Brittney think she looks after the injections?
“It looks way better. Beautiful, pretty, like all those kinds of nice words.”
Some people really should be sterilised.

Oh and those pageants should be made illegal.

Barbara Charles

For the love of pickled beets
According to the newspaper this morning, social services are gnvestigating. They should investigate the entire beauty pageant industry.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
According to the newspaper this morning, social services are ginvestigating. They should investigate the entire beauty pageant industry.
Agreed. It's disturbing what these women put their children through. Worse yet, the fathers generally aren't bothered by it...some of them are worse than the mothers, though.

nimic

something nice
Scout
Agreed. It's disturbing what these women put their children through. Worse yet, the fathers generally aren't bothered by it...some of them are worse than the mothers, though.
It's truly disgusting. Is this only an American thing? I can't imagine the public backlash that would happen should anyone try to import it to Norway in anything resembling its current form.

Team Brian GB

Baby Cameron loves X-Factor
Supports
Chelsea
It's truly disgusting. Is this only an American thing? I can't imagine the public backlash that would happen should anyone try to import it to Norway in anything resembling its current form.
In the modern age I think it is, though all of the global beauty pageants are headquartered in the UK as this is where it all started supposedly, which surprises me as I have never seen or heard of any pageant in England.

Dr. Dwayne

Self proclaimed tagline king.
As far as I know. There's an actual TV series about the kid's beauty pageant circuit in the US, I've watched a number of episodes. Like I said, really disturbing. I'm not surprised by the botox.

Maroon Lucifer

The authorities have now taken the child from the mother, while the investigation goes on according to Danish newspaper Ekstra Bladet.

championo

Top Stalker
SHOCK!!
The Woman now says The Sun paid her to make up the story. Test has proven that no such thing was injected in the girl and the girl has been given back to her. She said The Sun brought all the things and script needed to start the story and then Good Morning America contacted her, then Insider or something like that too told her they were going to pay her big to appear on their show with her story so she kept the Sun's script and repeated it.
LOL LOL LOL

The girl does not belong to any beauty pageant, has never been in one.:houllier::houllier:

Zarlak

my face causes global warming
Truth like rain don't give a feck who it falls on.
SHOCK!!
The Woman now says The Sun paid her to make up the story. Test has proven that no such thing was injected in the girl and the girl has been given back to her. She said The Sun brought all the things and script needed to start the story and then Good Morning America contacted her, then Insider or something like that too told her they were going to pay her big to appear on their show with her story so she kept the Sun's script and repeated it.
LOL LOL LOL

The girl does not belong to any beauty pageant, has never been in one.
:lol: