Women's Champions League 2023-2024 - the WCL continues without us

Lightbringer

The club must be reading this as they eventually done some marketing for this match

But it's too little, too late

Anyway hopefully still get a decent turn out
I wrote to them that they should use the main Manchester United channel to promote the game and not only the womens. Utterly stupid that they dont do that more often on a regular basis. Every home game should be promoted a few times!

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
I wrote to them that they should use the main Manchester United channel to promote the game and not only the womens. Utterly stupid that they dont do that more often on a regular basis. Every home game should be promoted a few times!
I just went on the website and got a pop up offering tickets for this match so clearly they have realised that they fecked up by not promoting it before

Lost bear

One of the things I like about women's football is that is not men's football. I get a certain satisfaction that Arsenal are out, but I do not get the anti-Russo stuff. She never let us down.
Except by leaving us and going to the Arse.

ForeverRed1

The club have been very poor at promoting this match - hardly seen any publicity for it

The bare minimum should be some social media posts saying its a historic first ever Euro game so come and support our women etc

But yes midweek games should not be at OT
Why not just do free tickets and advertise the hell out of it. 5000 tickets sold at 12quid each is 60k Nothing to this club. They pay sancho 350k to play the Xbox. Didn’t Barca do free tickets each time they sold out nou camp for women’s games? Makes sense. Try everything to fill it up. Long term it will drum up affiliation with the club which will increase revenue.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur
The lack of commitment towards the women's team is so sad to say when you consider how far they've come in a short space of time. Tonight should be a full house but like you all say: very little marketing, even in our own channels.

El Zoido

Why not just do free tickets and advertise the hell out of it. 5000 tickets sold at 12quid each is 60k Nothing to this club. They pay sancho 350k to play the Xbox. Didn’t Barca do free tickets each time they sold out nou camp for women’s games? Makes sense. Try everything to fill it up. Long term it will drum up affiliation with the club which will increase revenue.
Our owners and senior management do not know how to successfully operate a football club, men’s or women’s teams.

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout
Yes Barca did free tickets and filled the Nou Camp - definitely a missed opportunity for some kind of special promotional effort for this match

jojojo

JoJoJoJoJoJoJo
Staff
Welcome to Manchester reception committee
To be honest, I think we're past that stage for matches at LSV. The women can sell that ground out - but it depends on the opponent and the time/day of week. Even this one I think there are extra factors at play, in particular that the men have just had 4 home games in succession and the women are in a run of three home matches. I don't want to sound crass, but even the keenest of us start to feel like it's work not pleasure :smirk:

Free tickets are a bad habit to get into as well - encouraging no-shows and devaluing the tickets and the matches.

That said, pushing matches at OT harder with free tickets for (men's) season ticket holders (or family/friends deals for them) might help break the initial hesitation. I do think it's more to do with marketing than money though. They're still uncomfortable about pushing the women's matches on the main twitter feed etc - they need to break that habit.

Demon Barber

Except by leaving us and going to the Arse.
Of course I understand your point, and the two laughing faces that followed. But I stick by my point - the Glazers and structure of the club is to blame. Not Russo.

Anyway, I still have a ticket for tonight that is going for free.

Lightbringer

Will the winner of all these ties make the final group stage in UCL? Or is there an additonal Q round?

Some of these teams, good lord, never heard of them and they will reach the final group stage while one of PSG and United will not.

Demon Barber

Cheers. I have posted on there. I know it is late notice but I did mention on here several days ago.

Demon Barber

I do not do social media, so this is my only place. There is another United forum, but they apparently hate women's football. And women in general, it seems.

Ubik

Nothing happens until something moves!

Doesn't seem like it'll be free to air, which again feels like a missed opportunity to grab new fans.

Lightbringer

I do not do social media, so this is my only place. There is another United forum, but they apparently hate women's football. And women in general, it seems.

EDIT, you have PM about the ticket! A way of ensuring it will be used tonight!

Last edited:

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget

Doesn't seem like it'll be free to air, which again feels like a missed opportunity to grab new fans.
I was tempted to use my VPN and pay 1.99 to sub to PSG TV and watch it there rather than give the Glazers £8

Rood

nostradamus like gloater
Scout

Will the winner of all these ties make the final group stage in UCL? Or is there an additonal Q round?

Some of these teams, good lord, never heard of them and they will reach the final group stage while one of PSG and United will not.
This is the last qualifying round

And although it seems strange that some small teams will make it over more well known names, I actually have no issue in there being more actual Champions in the Champions League

Ubik

I was tempted to use my VPN and pay 1.99 to sub to PSG TV and watch it there rather than give the Glazers £8
Are you certain you don't want a limited edition digital collectible instead

Ubik

It means one of their sponsors would like your personal information so they can send you some more spam.
But the jpeg, jo! That jpeg is yours to keep!

decorativeed

The lack of commitment towards the women's team is so sad to say when you consider how far they've come in a short space of time. Tonight should be a full house but like you all say: very little marketing, even in our own channels.
Also, I suspect, the reason we've constantly failed to hold onto our best players and previous manager. They know that the women's team is an after thought to the club owners and senior management.

Shortly before Casey Stoney left, the club sent out an internal email of 'complete fixtures' to staff. It included the senior men's team, under 21 and various youth games. Stoney did a reply-all asking Ed Woodward why the women's side had been left off it. He sent one out apologising and saying it was human error, but they did the same thing a month later. It's no mystery why anyone who can do leaves.

Grande

Also, I suspect, the reason we've constantly failed to hold onto our best players and previous manager. They know that the women's team is an after thought to the club owners and senior management.

Shortly before Casey Stoney left, the club sent out an internal email of 'complete fixtures' to staff. It included the senior men's team, under 21 and various youth games. Stoney did a reply-all asking Ed Woodward why the women's side had been left off it. He sent one out apologising and saying it was human error, but they did the same thing a month later. It's no mystery why anyone who can do leaves.
That makes me sick to the gut.

VivaObertan

Transfer Voyeur

We've really become that faceless organisation with no soul. Statements and dividends FC!

Good luck to the girls tonight - huge game in our history!

Lost bear

Of course I understand your point, and the two laughing faces that followed. But I stick by my point - the Glazers and structure of the club is to blame. Not Russo.

Anyway, I still have a ticket for tonight that is going for free.
I’d love to go if I could, mate. Unfortunately I live in London, so can’t make it. I take your point too- really I was joking. And I certainly agree that those diabolical yanks are the real ones to blame for Russo and so much more!
Enjoy the game.