g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

Film Wonka (2023)

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Why ?

Watched the original a few months back. I still love its cynicism.

Mr Pigeon

Illiterate Flying Rat
Scout
I can't wait for Wanka (2024), the story of how Grandpa Joe faked a workplace injury to get on disability benefits. And, coming in 2025, Wonga: How Violet Paid for Her New Dress.

Forget original storytelling, I want them to keep scraping that nostalgia barrel.

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
I can't wait for Wanka (2024), the story of how Grandpa Joe faked a workplace injury to get on disability benefits. And, coming in 2025, Wonga: How Violet Paid for Her New Dress.

Forget original storytelling, I want them to keep scraping that nostalgia barrel.
:lol:

Bert_

:lol: I'd watch

Balljy

From the director of...Paddington.

I had to look that up just to make sure that's all he's done. He also did the sequel.

2 man midfield

Last Man Standing finalist 2021/22
Looks terrible if you ask me. Wonka seems miscast, and the tone seems off. It also seems weird to make a prequel, as it surely has to end with him becoming a cynical misanthrope who locks himself away from mankind?

Superunknown

Gloop: Gluttony and Golden Tickets - a biopic on Augustus Gloop before, during, and after the factory.

Christian Bale to go through another dramatic body transformation to play Augustus in all stages of his life. He will, for the first time, transform his body into that of a 10-year-old.

decorativeed

Seeing as Paddington 2 is one of my favourite guilty pleasure films I’m looking forward to this.
There's nothing to feel guilty about with Paddington 2, it's a genuinely great film.

I didn't like the look of this, but the only thing that makes me willing to watch is the creative team.

Annihilate Now!

...or later, I'm not fussy
Scout
Hugh Grant is great in most things he appears in these days... So I'll give it a watch just for that

Sara125

Due to watch it this week. Apparently people aren’t feeling Timothée Chalamet as Wonka (mostly saying that he isn’t convincing). I’m not surprised if this is the case…I feel like characters such as Wonka can’t be done by just anyone. In my opinion Johnny Depp was perfect because he always plays eccentric characters so well.

Jim Beam

Gets aroused by men in low socks
It was surprisingly good and thought Timothée was excellent in it (Hugh Grant steals the show though)

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
I liked it. Was a good take on the character and story and loved the casting. Despise Matt Lucas but everything else was spot on. Thought Chalamet was good.