World Cup 22 Fantasy

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Just realised I had 1m extra as the current team value doesn't reflect the changes you've made for week 5! That's a bonus.

Taken the Foden gamble, with an Argie enforcer as a 5m enforcer. Foden as about 6th highest mid scorer despite a couple of bench appearances has to be gambled on. Even v the French.

No Croatia or Morocco, the rest split across 6 teams.

Last edited:
Behind the right goal post as "Whiteside shoots!"
Just realised I had 1m extra as the current team value doesn't reflect the changes you've made for week 5! That's a bonus.

Taken the Foden gamble, with an Argie enforcer as a 5m enforcer. Foden as about 6th highest mid scorer despite a couple of bench appearances has to be gambled on. Even v the French.

No Croatia or Morocco, the rest split across 6 teams.
Can you much about with your team until the deadline or are the five transfers it?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Can you much about with your team until the deadline or are the five transfers it?
How do you mean muck about with it? Do unlimited transfers?
That'd be utterly insane bearing in mind there's been a wildcard, and unlimited transfers at the R16 :lol:

The fact you could also use last week's transfers before the last game ended to bank them for this week - plus multiple captaincy options, chips, switch players who have blanked to a bench option and only about 5 rounds make it the "easiest" fantasy game of all time doesn't it?

How do you mean muck about with it? Do unlimited transfers?
That'd be utterly insane bearing in mind there's been a wildcard, and unlimited transfers at the R16 :lol:

The fact you could also use last week's transfers before the last game ended to bank them for this week - plus multiple captaincy options, chips, switch players who have blanked to a bench option and only about 5 rounds make it the "easiest" fantasy game of all time doesn't it?
Nooo….

I was just wondering (as not thought about it previously) if the game allows you to move players around before finalising (first game). Not transfers after.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Nooo….

I was just wondering (as not thought about it previously) if the game allows you to move players around before finalising (first game). Not transfers after.
Yeah usual unlocked rules.

Captain is essential to get right now as I'm sure I'll be against people playing their power captain.

MESSI has to be the starting choice.
Then it's whether it's Richarlison/Mbappe/Bruno.

Captain is essential to get right now as I'm sure I'll be against people playing their power captain.

I’m playing power captain. Will look at team later.. between work, booking trip to London (Friday) and two trips/concerts (London and Dublin next year) and writing a Christmas quiz for 200 staff for next week, been a busy time for Santa’s Little Helper

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I’m playing power captain. Will look at team later.. between work, booking trip to London (Friday) and two trips/concerts (London and Dublin next year) and writing a Christmas quiz for 200 staff for next week, been a busy time for Santa’s Little Helper
What a lifestyle.
I'm a week into covid, so my movements are ever so lesser. Haven't run for a week, and I've averaged 50-60 miles a week for about a decade :wenger:

What a lifestyle.
I'm a week into covid, so my movements are ever so lesser. Haven't run for a week, and I've averaged 50-60 miles a week for about a decade :wenger:
First time with Covid? First time for me was a bit painful, second time was nothing.

Did my fastest 10k Saturday and fastest 5k last night (brrrr!)… miles slower than you but Im steadily getting better.

I feel guilty because Covid has probably been quite a positive for me.. (1) started running and (2) taking up every opportunity I get offered in terms of nights out, concerts and trips.

I’m not picking Messi. Am I missing something obvious :nervous:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
First time with Covid? First time for me was a bit painful, second time was nothing.

Did my fastest 10k Saturday and fastest 5k last night (brrrr!)… miles slower than you but Im steadily getting better.

I feel guilty because Covid has probably been quite a positive for me.. (1) started running and (2) taking up every opportunity I get offered in terms of nights out, concerts and trips.

I’m not picking Messi. Am I missing something obvious :nervous:
First time, possibly the last person in the country to get it!
It's not "that" bad, still working, but it's sat at a screen, so fortunate.

You'd probably beat me right now, possibly. I can at least put the last race down to this probs in the system.

I'd misread the wall planner. Brazil is the first game, so probably Richarlison is the captain starter, then one of the other 3.
And if you're power captaining, doesn't matter who you leave it on.

First time, possibly the last person in the country to get it!
It's not "that" bad, still working, but it's sat at a screen, so fortunate.

You'd probably beat me right now, possibly. I can at least put the last race down to this probs in the system.

I'd misread the wall planner. Brazil is the first game, so probably Richarlison is the captain starter, then one of the other 3.
And if you're power captaining, doesn't matter who you leave it on.
Yip, it doesn’t… still not picking Messi though, not even on bench. Just a gut feeling that other options might be better.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Yip, it doesn’t… still not picking Messi though, not even on bench. Just a gut feeling that other options might be better.
Every chance, and I certainly need a goal from my captain this week, or i'll be vulnerable leading my league.
Have a 9 point over 2nd and 17th over 3rd, but one captain choice blows that.

Have it on Richarlison for the first game at the moment.

Then the options if he blanks in game to game order are below - England boys would be a real leap of faith!
Messi
Mbappe/Foden/Saka
Bruno

Croatia XI: Livakovic, Juranovic, Lovren, Gvardiol, Sosa, Modric, Brozovic, Kovacic, Pasalic, Kramaric, Perisic.

As you were for Brazil following their impressive 4-1 victory over South Korea in the previous game.

Brazil XI: Alisson, Militao, Marquinhos, Silva, Danilo, Paqueta, Casemiro, Raphinha, Vinicius, Neymar, Richarlison.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Richarlison (c) blanking then....

Just one chance to get the captain right.

3 of the 5 below me have gone Messi, but as their 1st choice. One Richarlison like me, and One Vinicius.
Guess the percentage play is Messi, and hope Mbappe doesn't batter us?

Last edited:

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
Why does Militao not get CS ?

And I'm fxxked with 5 Brazilian in the team :D

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Was looking sweet until about 115.
4 Brazilian players out - thankfully 5 transfers to use before the deadline, then 5 more next week!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Messi captaincy :drool:

And how has Weigy got to a world cup?! :houllier:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
1 min later..
Weigy goal.
Fook sake Argie cleanie gone. :lol:

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
That's just Weigtastic.
And more in 20mins then we got out of him in months of doubles last year :lol:

123PlayCard

Last Man Standing 2 finalist 2023/24
Supports
Chelsea
I have 5 Brazilian, 1 Dutch and Acuna (suspended for next match) to transfer out while only have 4 FT left. Plus 2-3 English or French tomorrow

Sitting duck here.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I have 5 Brazilian, 1 Dutch and Acuna (suspended for next match) to transfer out while only have 4 FT left. Plus 2-3 English or French tomorrow

Sitting duck here.
Assume you used one transfer this week already?
Just use the other 4 by the latest of about 80mins into the England game and remove 4 of the Brazilian/Dutch players for those who are nailed for the next round. I.e. you can transfer out locked players to fresh players to be effective for the semis.

Then use your 5 new week transfers as soon as you've seen lineups for the semis.

Skimp on a reserve keeper and leave Acuna in as he'll have the final/3rd place and you should be ok

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Bit of a washout so far be lucky to get 40. Glad got power captain thingy chip so I don’t have to gamble.
Without Messi it would have been a fraught decision.

Portugal going out helps me against my rivals, as we all had Bruno , but others had 1 or 2 defenders.

I guess with 2 games to go for all teams it makes sense to get Ziyech in there, and probably Perisic too for starters.

Then hope England v France has a clear winner by about 80 mins to pile in on the winner v Morocco, but with a Morocco defender as insurance.

Without Messi it would have been a fraught decision.

Portugal going out helps me against my rivals, as we all had Bruno , but others had 1 or 2 defenders.

I guess with 2 games to go for all teams it makes sense to get Ziyech in there, and probably Perisic too for starters.

Then hope England v France has a clear winner by about 80 mins to pile in on the winner v Morocco, but with a Morocco defender as insurance.
In Leicester Square now … Moroccan celebrations are brilliant

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
In Leicester Square now … Moroccan celebrations are brilliant
Done 4 of 5 transfers, hedging my bets between Croatia/Argentina & Morocco in defence, and Perisic in too.
One more to do at half time.

Then 5 when the game week opens.

Saka & Foden hopefully do the business tonight.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Standard exit then!

Got my 5th transfer in just before the round shut.
Does anyone know whether if we look in the table now - those are the locked teams that rivals have? Pre their SF round 5 transfers?

If so, a couple of rivals are struggling a bit!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Only have 4/15 players left :(

But I have the wildcard :)
I'm hoping my rivals don't wheel out a chip late doors, but there's no way of telling is there, unless you monitored their team each week.
I know 2nd in the league did the 12th man, as he had 8 points for Neymar, but no idea if he's used his wildcard or power captain. I hope he has! But surely everyone goes Messi then Mbappe this round?

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Ok, I have 10 playing as it stands, with the game week 5 transfers to fill the gaps

Martinez
Molina, Juranovic, Hakimi, Hernandez
MacAllister, De Paul, Perisic
Messi, Mbappe

1 keeper, 1 defender, 2 mids, 1 attacker.

Giroud v Alvarez looks to be the big call in Attack.
Ziyech & Modric mid?
Keeper should probably come from the 2nd game, France v Morroco
Who's the best 5th defender?

Dangerous part looks to be the next round where the 3rd place play off is bound to be rotation hell, but 6 transfers to deal with that.

Ok, I have 10 playing as it stands, with the game week 5 transfers to fill the gaps

Martinez
Messi, Mbappe

Ziyech & Modric mid?

Dangerous part looks to be the next round where the 3rd place play off is bound to be rotation hell, but 6 transfers to deal with that.
Giroud personally but my run is over so maybe see what others say.

Was about 1,000th in the game… nightmare round where I had lots of Brazil and Portugal players so (1) got poor scores and (2) kicks up next round.

can’t get anywhere near an eleven. Dragons Den time… I’m out!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Giroud personally but my run is over so maybe see what others say.

Was about 1,000th in the game… nightmare round where I had lots of Brazil and Portugal players so (1) got poor scores and (2) kicks up next round.

can’t get anywhere near an eleven. Dragons Den time… I’m out!
Think you'll still have a strong score though overall?
My league has half the entry fees going to a work charity/trek, so 3rd place is £16 having paid £10 to enter! £65 or so for 1st.

Ending outside the top 3 would be a disaster from here though, as have about 35 points over 4th and surely everyone captains Messi and then Mbappe if needs be.

Think you'll still have a strong score though overall?
My league has half the entry fees going to a work charity/trek, so 3rd place is £16 having paid £10 to enter! £65 or so for 1st.

Ending outside the top 3 would be a disaster from here though, as have about 35 points over 4th and surely everyone captains Messi and then Mbappe if needs be.
5480 now. And behind @Vidyoyo in Caf league who jinxed me with his “it’s yours, you’ve won it” voodoo :nono::mad:

Not taking a load of hits to get a team out

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
10 players still playing, and 5 subs to sort the rest out.

French keeper tomorrow makes sense, even if Martinez keeps a cleany today.
Modric or Di Maria choice today.

Ziyech tomorrow if he's fit, Rabiot if not.

But Alvarez v Giroud is still the debate. Scout goes the former due to Morocco being tighter.

Martinez
Messi, Mbappe

Ziyech & Modric mid?

So Hernandez can’t get any points unless scores or assists? But can concede/get carded?

2mufc0

Everything is fair game in capitalism!
Supports
Dragon of Dojima
Anyone switching the armband to Mbappe (I assume most have it on Messi).