World Cup Betting Thread

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
Same here. Think I'll double them up with Spain for a nice 2.66 odds bet.
This double (Spain/Chile) has been enhanced to 3.00 at Totesport so I'll be getting on that. Nothing else for me today though, unless some offers appeal...the Cameroon match is a minefield.

Cantonarightboot

I had originally predicted the full 8 as
Ita/Eng
Bra/Cro
Bel/Rus
Col/Jap
Ger/Por

Nothing groundbreakingly original there and with the usual shock somewhere I just went with the 3 that seemed most likely and best value in Chile's case.

Good luck with your big one!
Thanks, good luck with that too!

I've a feeling I'll probably be let down by one team, last min goal or something screwing me out of my big win!

I had a 9 team accumalator just before the end of the season and of course 1 team let me down! €2 bet would or returned just under 11k!!

I am looking at doing a smaller one like yours, probably run into PP on the way home and put treble dual cast on, more likely as you say :)

simons104

Chile to nil @ 2.25 is decent as Australia are pretty shite.

Anyone got owt on the Mexico/Cameroon game? Might avoid it as I can't find anything of decent value & it's a hard one to call as Mexico are pretty good but Cameroon are unpredictable and they have a pretty good defence. Under 2.5 is only 1.50 though so it's not really worth sticking much on on it's own.
6/4 with Corals on Chile to nil....

simons104

Feck sake wish I saw this before, just put it on at 2.25 :( Oh well! :lol:
I posted it further up the page :)

Chile & Spain Double for tonight is 2/1 with Ladbrokes now. 2.91 100% so a tiny bit of value in this

Also from kickoff to the time of the first goal in the Mexico match they are offering 12/1 on RVP to score first v Spain

Brinky

Chile to nil @ 2.25 is decent as Australia are pretty shite.

Anyone got owt on the Mexico/Cameroon game? Might avoid it as I can't find anything of decent value & it's a hard one to call as Mexico are pretty good but Cameroon are unpredictable and they have a pretty good defence. Under 2.5 is only 1.50 though so it's not really worth sticking much on on it's own.
I would avoid that game. I have no idea how it may play out.

Agree with the Chile sentiment. Australia are poor and those odds are great.

Sarni

nice guy, unassuming, objective United fan.
3 draws for today's games is worth a quid at 38/1
Chile are going to win comfortably.

Nothing in Mexico v Cameroon game for me. I'm going to go with Spain to win at 1.86 or laying Netherlands at 5.6 later today and then obviously Chile (probably Chile -1 as odds are too good to miss on that). I'm probably going to put money on 1 goal or more in Mexico v Cameroon, odds will be terrible but I might wait 10 minutes for them to go up to 1.12 or something at which point it's going to be worth it. I don't think it will end 0-0 although both teams will be afraid to lose as it virtually finishes off any hopes of qualifying.

DanCity

Mexico 1-1 Cameroon
Spain 2-1 with van persie scoring first for holland.
Chile 2-0
Gone for these results.

With a couple of acummalators too.

gaz1185

Had Neymar & 3-1 score cast @ 33-1 yesterday, paid off thanks to Marcelo's own goal.

Going for Robben 2-1 @ 80-1 tonight, I feel a bit of a shock from Holland tonight. I also fancy a surprise win for Cameroon, Mexico haven't looked outstanding in the friendlies leading up to the tournament and Cameroon have a good attacking front three.

NoPace

5 on Moukandjo at 16-1 for 1st goalscorer since he`s starting, apparently played well in the last friendly and Mexico`s 3 at the back should mean joy for the wide Cameroon forwards in theory.

Desert Eagle

Punjabi Dude
Mexico are good value for a win right now. All over Cameroon in the opening stages

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Had BTTS in this game. Apart from Eto'o's (is that right? :lol:) chance Cameroon haven't looked like scoring.

Edit: Feck. How has that not gone in?!

Ady87

Okay so first bet won second bet lost, I'm even.

Sat with yesterday's profit wondering what to go on next.

Got a few bets still active including Brazil Chile Mexico Spain fourfold.

Spiersey

Supports
Chelsea
Under 2.5 goals in Spain game and Chile -1. Won £120 last night so going to put that on the double. Betvictor enhanced a treble of the three favourites to 7/1 today so got on that.

Santos J

Went for the under 1.5 in the Mexico v Cameroon game in the end, odds weren't much but it's alright. Good job the officials were fecking clueless. :lol:

Think I'm gonna avoid the Spain game, don't think there's much value in anything, although Spain & BTTS is quite tempting at 4.50

Berbaclass

Fallen Muppet. Lest we never forget
Put some daft bet on a few days ago which I've just seen and it doesn't look too bad!

11 fold of:

(teams on left to win)
Brazil - Croatia
Mexico - Cameroon

Chile - Australia
Colombia - Greece
Uruguay - Costa Rica
Italy - England
France - Honduras
Argentina - Bosnia
Nigeria - Iran
Belgium - Algeria
Brazil - Mexico

£2 returns £464

Last edited:

Carlsen19

Don't listen to my lies RE: Lineups
Spain win and under 2.5 goals and Chile -1 double @ 6.77/1.

Bob Loblaw

Supports
Liverpool
6/1 on Robben to have the most shots. Hmmmmm
Noticed that market. Hard to call, guessing the price is because Holland (probably) won't have much possession to get shots away.

Went with David Silva @ 9 myself, just a few quid for a bit of interest, but he'll probably be subbed which won't help.

Sarni

Got that over 0.5 goals in Mexico v Cameroon spot on, was lucky with 1.91 laid at 1.26 after a goal (which effectively nets me a 1.52) in Spain v Holland. $98 on my account that had $43 at the beginning of the World Cup.

I am tempted to put money on Chile -1 at 2.64. They should do it?

iBoss

i-ttack the space
Illuminati headquarters, chillin' with Jay Z.
Got that over 0.5 goals in Mexico v Cameroon spot on, was lucky with 1.91 laid at 1.26 after a goal (which effectively nets me a 1.52) in Spain v Holland. $98 on my account that had $43 at the beginning of the World Cup.

I am tempted to put money on Chile -1 at 2.64. They should do it?
Australian fans think their team will struggle to even score a goal in the whole group stage. Chile should beat Australia with ease.

Sarni

Australian fans think their team will struggle to even score a goal in the whole group stage. Chile should beat Australia with ease.
The margin between 1-0 to Chile and 2-0 or more is thin IMO, if they get a goal in the first half they will almost definitely beat them by more than one. As things stand Chile are 1.5 to win (overpriced) and 2.64 to win by two or more (way overpriced).