World Cup Betting Thread

Brinky

With the World Cup squads now announced, it maybe a good idea to get a betting thread started where all things betting are discussed.
I have seen a number of betting talk throughout a number of different threads, for example golden boot and winner, so it could be a good idea to keep them all to one thread.

• Who of you have got in early and had a flutter already?
  • Any tips/hidden gems we should know about?
  • Who are you going to bet on?
World Cup 2014 Winner - Win Outright (Sky Bet)
World Cup 2014 Top Goal Scorer - Win Outright (Sky Bet)

thegregster

Harbinger of new information
Spain at 6/1 is very tempting. They are being seriously underrated.

Brinky

I would agree with his. The greatest squad, with valuable experience of winning that last three tournaments.

The biggest problem they will face will be how they adapt to the climate.

Cina

Spain to win and Costa top scorer is amazing odds considering it's actually quite possible.

Suli

"Do you get parents evening at uni?"
Spain to win and Costa top scorer is amazing odds considering it's actually quite possible.
Can we have a poll on who will win the World Cup/ top scorer?

Suli

So, what do you guys think is the best team/top scorer bet to make?

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Cameroon, Australia, Costa Rica, Honduras, Algeria and Iran to finish bottom of their groups is at 8/1

Very tempting

Bubz27

No I won’t change your tag line
I was thinking of picking 5 or 6 different top scorers and sticking a £2 on each.
Ronaldo at 15.00
Messi at 9.00
Aguero at 17.00
Lukaku at 34.00 (they've got a group I expect goals in and he's going into it in good form)
Muller at 34.00

Then I was thinking of adding in Suarez or RvP aswell.

As an outright winner Coral are doing money back as a free bet if Brazil or Argentina win so I was thinking of putting £10 on Germany at 7.00 or Spain at 7.50. I can't believe Belgium are next favourites after them 4 teams. *Only* 19.00.

I was considering a smaller bet on another South American team as an outsider to win aswell, probably Uruguay (29.00). They got to the semi's last time round and have a striker bang in from and some very good support acts.

|Neo|x

Forecasting the groups could be worth taking a look at. Just for the favorites in each group to finish first and the second favorites to finish second offer ridiculous odds. Thinking of having a few small bets on that with multiple outcomes.

devil in me

This. I'm shocked at how pretty much nobody is tipping them for glory dispite having the strongest squad by far and 3 tournament wins on the bounce. Maybe its due to the decline of a couple of key players, but they've still got quality all over the squad. I'll be backing them heavily, and looking to Aguero as top scorer and doubling up with those two.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
Also going for Spain&Holland(Dual), Germany&Portugal(Dual), Belgium&Russia(Dual), England, France to qualify from their groups pays 10/1

MelvinYeo

I'm only here for the post count
Just had a flutter at Benzema and Hazard to be their teams' top goalscorer 18/1

Brinky

Just had a flutter at Benzema and Hazard to be their teams' top goalscorer 18/1
That is a good shout. Lukaku often likes to be a passenger throughout games, wouldn't be surprised if he does so again.

Sparky Rhiwabon

With a group of Greece, Japan, Colombia he maybe among the goals, downside is Ivory Coast progression throughout the tournament itself.
That's why he's 150/1. But they could easily get through that group and he is on great form! You never know, just thought it looked very good value.

Brinky

That's why he's 150/1. But they could easily get through that group and he is on great form! You never know, just thought it looked very good value.
Yeh I agree it is very good. Also, you never know with African teams, they could take to playing in these tough conditions in their stride and surprise everybody, I am sure some will take the punt, even if it were just a quid. :D

Decotron

Of the odds I've seen I think Italy are overpriced at 28/1. Gona back them with a view to cashing out

The value is long gone as far as Belgium are concerned. Plus they are yet to really deliver as a team given the individuals they have.

Cantonarightboot

what odds do you get for Spain & Aguero?

Argentina's group is a breeze for them!! if he stay injury free for the 3 games he should have at least 3 or 4 goals against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria!!

Cantonarightboot

my mates and I are supporting Japan for the WC, No Ireland so why not!!

Anyway, they have the best possession stats in qualifying so I'm going to look at some bets for their possession

Suli

what odds do you get for Spain & Aguero?

Argentina's group is a breeze for them!! if he stay injury free for the 3 games he should have at least 3 or 4 goals against Bosnia, Iran and Nigeria!!
250/1 on Bwin