g = window.googletag || {}; googletag.cmd = googletag.cmd || []; window.googletag = googletag; googletag.cmd.push(function() { var interstitialSlot = googletag.defineOutOfPageSlot('/17085479/redcafe_gam_interstitial', googletag.enums.OutOfPageFormat.INTERSTITIAL); if (interstitialSlot) { interstitialSlot.addService(googletag.pubads()); } });

World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies | November 2017

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Loftus-Cheek clearly England´s best player. He should go to Germany, Italy or Spain. He´d be a starter on some top 6 contenders there like Gladbach, Leverkusen, Schalke, Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal, Lazio, Inter or Sampdoria. Teams like that would be a good next step for him. Also seems like the kind of player that would do better in the international/continental game than the EPL. Hopefully his contract is up soon, so he doesn´t waste away on shitty loan deals.

Classical Mechanic

I haven't been able to watch much of this, but Germany are strolling through it.

Playing well within themselves.
Think both sides downed tools in the second half. Germany didn’t create a chance and we only had two.

@JustFootballFan

He’s on a long term deal and 22 soon. He spent the past few years doing nothing at Chelsea being kept in reserve. That was only his 26th senior start in football.

Canagel

Germany are piss poor. They may have some players missing but that second half was like watching United under Van Gaal. So boring and pedestrian.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Final call on Monday, but ground zero after 2010 and 2014 group exits would help us rebuild with open eyes maybe.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yeah, I know. Unfortunately there, at times, seem to be to many kids on here. I will never understand some posters need to constantly downplay some United players games.
I am not even a United fan, never liked Lindelof because he played for Benfica, but he had a normal game vs Italy, and all him and Darmian get is being labeled shit, nothing new, 1 just needs to remember what they said about Rojo 1 year ago, he is lucky because he is injured. :)

el3mel

Germany are piss poor. They may have some players missing but that second half was like watching United under Van Gaal. So boring and pedestrian.
Germany is always like this in these kinds of matches. They come at full force in games that really matter though.

haram

Wow, Jack Cork having a really bad debut for England, but guess it feels cool anyway at 28. Jesse Lingard is crap, it’s insane he’s a Man United-player. He kind of has that imagined swagger that he has made it at the highest level, he is barely a Championship-player. Runs a lot and gets into areas, but just doesn’t have the feet. If he was a hockey player he would be great at skating and just horrendous with his hands, as they say.
People keep spouting this complete bullshit about Lingard being a Championship player. In this case 'barely' a Championship player. Have you guys even seen a Championship game?

simmee

How did they play?
Lindelof had a good game, looked composed and agressive unlike in the United shirt (so far). Darmian was ok. Hit the post but played as a left back and for me he just isn't effective enough offensively to do that.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Final call on Monday, but ground zero after 2010 and 2014 group exits would help us rebuild with open eyes maybe.
Still 90 minutes to go, but dangerous result, still warned here Sweden was the worst non seeded team for Italy...

whatwha

Sniffs Erricksson’s diarrhea
How did they play?
Darmian was good. Delivered a couple good crosses and hit the post with a sweet shot from outside the box. Someone said Lindelöf was terrible, don't know what game he watched. He did nothing wrong, unless I missed something. Looks more at ease playing for Sweden than Utd.

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
And they were by far the better side.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Germany is always like this in these kinds of matches. They come at full force in games that really matter though.
Can't believe judgements based in a friendly match with second lines on both teams, guess Germany will not get out of the group stage after tonight...

JustFootballFan

Thinks Balotelli & Pogba look the same
Supports
Liverpool
Think both sides downed tools in the second half. Germany didn’t create a chance and we only had two.

@JustFootballFan

He’s on a long term deal and 22 soon. He spent the past few years doing nothing at Chelsea being kept in reserve. That was only his 26th senior start in football.
Unbelievable how poorly these young English guys are managed. I guarantee you, if that kid was playing in France or Germany, he´d have 100 senior games already.

Paul_Scholes18

Great win for us now against Italy. Was not that impressed though Italy was really poor. Darmian the biggest threat and best player for them tells a lot. Lindelöf played well although Italy didn't attack well.

Should be able to hold this- 1-0 is really good and I don't think Italy will score or create a lot they are just not that good going forward as a ream. Although someone like Insigne should really start you think. The coach seem very defensive though a bit like LVG.

Bepi

Supports
Juventus
Still 90 minutes to go, but dangerous result, still warned here Sweden was the worst non seeded team for Italy...
You know, being so sh*t and still scrape through would keep the FIGC in denial. Sometimes, a line must be drawn to reset in full. Crashing out now would hopefully force a massive change from the top.

el3mel

Can't believe judgements based in a friendly match with second lines on both teams, guess Germany will not get out of the group stage after tonight...
Yep. All these previous years I don't remember seeing Germany with outstanding performance in friendlies or even qualifiers but comes the tournament itself and they steamroll past anyone.

JPRouve

can't stop thinking about balls - NOT deflategate
Scout
Unbelievable how poorly these young English guys are managed. I guarantee you, if that kid was playing in France or Germany, he´d have 100 senior games already.
Loftus-Cheek would be closer to 200 games than 100.

Zoo

I think it’s more of a Chelsea thing. Loftus-Cheek has been a well known talent for so long that his performance tonight was no surprise.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You know, being so sh*t and still scrape through would keep the FIGC in denial. Sometimes, a line must be drawn to reset in full. Crashing out now would hopefully force a massive change from the top.
Still possible, but if they score a goal 3 will be needed, it will be up to the players, because Ventura...

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Yep. All these previous years I don't remember seeing Germany with outstanding performance in friendlies or even qualifiers but comes the tournament itself and they steamroll past anyone.
Can't remember the last time in a WC they finished bellow the last 8, maybe 1978?

Canagel

And they were by far the better side.
No they weren't. Germany had on paper the stronger side and I expected more from them. England matched them despite having lots of seniors out and some debutants playing. They were closer to scoring than Germany as well.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
André Silva... A striker who offers pretty much nothing in overall play and can't finish to save his life. Milan payed 40 million euros for him :lol:

Generation after generation and we can't get a good enough striker, it's unbelievable.

Paul_Scholes18

I didn't expect Italy to be great, but you played even worse than I expected. Have it been this bad in all qualifiers? Contes Italy was so much better.

I did want Switzerland initially although right now happy we got you.

Keeps It tidy

Hates Messi
Loftus-Cheek clearly England´s best player. He should go to Germany, Italy or Spain. He´d be a starter on some top 6 contenders there like Gladbach, Leverkusen, Schalke, Valencia, Sevilla, Villareal, Lazio, Inter or Sampdoria. Teams like that would be a good next step for him. Also seems like the kind of player that would do better in the international/continental game than the EPL. Hopefully his contract is up soon, so he doesn´t waste away on shitty loan deals.
He is probably better than Bakayoko so he should be getting matches for Chelsea and he would walk into Liverpool or Arsenal right now.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal

@JustFootballFan

Still remeber him in 2015 winning the Youth League with Christensen, Baker, Boga, Solanke, Abraham, Izzy Brown and so on.

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Lindelof had a good game, looked composed and agressive unlike in the United shirt (so far). Darmian was ok. Hit the post but played as a left back and for me he just isn't effective enough offensively to do that.
You sure about that? To me he looked really nervous - also made an error which could have led to a goal

Classical Mechanic

I think it’s more of a Chelsea thing. Loftus-Cheek has been a well known talent for so long that his performance tonight was no surprise.
I disagree. Tuanzebe finds himself in exactly the same position RLC did, being kept as backup to the backup with foreign players of dubious quality being signed in his position.

Canagel

Darmian was good. Delivered a couple good crosses and hit the post with a sweet shot from outside the box. Someone said Lindelöf was terrible, don't know what game he watched. He did nothing wrong, unless I missed something. Looks more at ease playing for Sweden than Utd.
Thanks man.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I didn't expect Italy to be great, but you played even worse than I expected. Have it been this bad in all qualifiers? Contes Italy was so much better.
:lol: Not Italian, I am from Portugal, but do like Italy as a football nation, still 90 minutes to go, are you from Sweden?

Sanatio

He is probably better than Bakayoko so he should be getting matches for Chelsea and he would walk into Liverpool or Arsenal right now.
he hasnt got the energy levels of bakayoko...but certainly looked composed. From what I know of him...he tended to get quite a few injuries growing up and used to lack stamina...even tonight he seemed to blowing a bit towards the end and was at walking pace

Tincanalley

Turns player names into a crappy conversation
No they weren't. Germany had on paper the stronger side and I expected more from them. England matched them despite having lots of seniors out and some debutants playing. They were closer to scoring than Germany as well.
Em, ok. I was a neutral observer. Nice to see different faces in the England side. They avoided embarrassment, at least (though they flirted with it on more than one occasion), and though they didnt see much of the ball, they had a few opportunities.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
You sure about that? To me he looked really nervous - also made an error which could have led to a goal
You do know football players are more or less exposed to mistakes, particularly at this level?

Classical Mechanic

Still remeber him in 2015 winning the Youth League with Christensen, Baker, Boga, Solanke, Abraham, Izzy Brown and so on.
He had a great youth career but those wasted years at Chelsea probably mean he will never be the player he could have been, an arguable point I know. With 100+ senior games he would be much further on.