World Cup Qualifiers + Friendlies | November 2017

Sly

Hang Ten
Scout
Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
For this WC forget it, at the current under 21's the only one who might turn a good player is Ruben Dias, Ferro forget it, then Paulo Oliveira, Ruben Semedo, Vezo, Ié, simply none of them is good enough compared with other top teams.
Paulo Oliveira, forumscp darling, has been crap for Eibar. Him and Rúben Semedo are rubbish and are in the top 10 list of worst purchases in la liga this year. Vezo isn't a world beater but had decent games for Valência and Granada. I agree that Rúben Dias does look good but he hasn't played enough to be considered as a potencial choice. He wasn't spectacular yesterday for the U21 against the swiss. I'm always skeptical with the overrating of Benfica players. I think that we have a real problem in the cb position. It has surpassed the striker issue in my mind.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Just to inform you John Ogu is not a starter for Nigeria. Onazi starts ahead of him and also Mikel Agu is in front of him (you may have heard of him, Porto player on loan to Bursapor, Turkey). In fact against Argentina we (Nigeria) had 5 starters missing.
I was making an humorous statement, since I knew John Ogu ability quite well. But thank God you have better options :)

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Paulo Oliveira, forumscp darling, has been crap for Eibar. Him and Rúben Semedo are rubbish and are in the top 10 list of worst purchases in la liga this year. Vezo isn't a world beater but had decent games for Valência and Granada. I agree that Rúben Dias does look good but he hasn't played enough to be considered as a potencial choice. He wasn't spectacular yesterday for the U21 against the swiss. I'm always skeptical with the overrating of Benfica players. I think that we have a real problem in the cb position. It has surpassed the striker issue in my mind.
Ruben Dias looks decent but I dont see potential in him to become a top center back to be honest.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
Sure not all 5 teams will lose every game, but CAF's overall record in the last two WCs was extremely bad.
If to judge a football team we only look at statistics why bother to watch a match?
Calm down man...
Stay :cool:
Paulo Oliveira, forumscp darling, has been crap for Eibar.
Don't tell me?

Forumscp, where Tobias Figueiredo was 2 years ago the next big thing, Francisco Geraldes is the football version of José Saramago, Matheus Pereira the Alcochete version of Neymar, Iuri Medeiros has the same potential as Bernardo Silva and Paulo Oliveira with 25 years the next Ricardo Carvalho. Stop it man, we know nothing about football. :lol:
I agree that Rúben Dias does look good but he hasn't played enough to be considered as a potencial choice.
Not comparing him with Couto, Carvalho or Pepe, not even close tbh.
I'm always skeptical with the overrating of Benfica players.
Me too, in this case Ruben Dias only because the other CB in Portugal are bad, with them media + Mendes = Suspect.
I think that we have a real problem in the cb position. It has surpassed the striker issue in my mind.
Absolutely, and I don't know how Santos will solve this problem after the WC. Pepe, Fonte and Alves need to be replaced, and judging by Santos reaction yesterday even by his standards, he was worried too imo.

Peyroteo

Professional Ronaldo PR Guy
Supports
Sporting CP
Absolutely, and I don't know how Santos will solve this problem after the WC. Pepe, Fonte and Alves need to be replaced, and judging by Santos reaction yesterday even by his standards, he was worried too imo.
I'm predicting we won't have any great CBs and we'll end up getting Mourinho so he can make our crap defenders look good by playing a defensive system.

SCP

Supports
Sporting Clube Portugal
I'm predicting we won't have any great CBs and we'll end up getting Mourinho so he can make our crap defenders look good by playing a defensive system.
Mourinho, Santos has contract until 2020? Until there lets hope Ruben Dias or other new player arrives, I just can't see who can replace those 3 I mentioned after the WC, my main worry for the near future.

Billy Blaggs

Flacco of the Blaggs tribe
1998 France France France 3-0 Brazil
1994 USA Brazil 0-0, then Brazil defeated Italy 3-2 in penalties
1990 Italy Germany Germany 1-0 Argentina
1986 Mexico Argentina Argentina 3-2 Germany
1982 Spain Italy Italy 3-1 Germany
1978 Argentina Argentina Argentina 3-1 Holland
1974 Germany Germany Germany 2-1 Holland
1970 Mexico Brazil Brazil 4-1 Italy
1966 England England England 4-2 Germany
1962 Chile Brazil Brazil 3-1 Czechoslovakia
1958 Sweden Brazil Brazil 5-2 Sweden
1954 Switzerland Germany Germany 3-2 Hungary
1950 Brazil Uruguay Uruguay 2-1 Brazil
1946 not held
1942 not held
1938 France Italy Italy 4-2 Hungary
1934 Italy Italy Italy 2-1 Czechoslovakia
1930 Uruguay Uruguay Uruguay 4-2 Argentina

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
1998 France France France 3-0 Brazil
1994 USA Brazil 0-0, then Brazil defeated Italy 3-2 in penalties
1990 Italy Germany Germany 1-0 Argentina
1986 Mexico Argentina Argentina 3-2 Germany
1982 Spain Italy Italy 3-1 Germany
1978 Argentina Argentina Argentina 3-1 Holland
1974 Germany Germany Germany 2-1 Holland
1970 Mexico Brazil Brazil 4-1 Italy
1966 England England England 4-2 Germany
1962 Chile Brazil Brazil 3-1 Czechoslovakia
1958 Sweden Brazil Brazil 5-2 Sweden
1954 Switzerland Germany Germany 3-2 Hungary
1950 Brazil Uruguay Uruguay 2-1 Brazil
1946 not held
1942 not held
1938 France Italy Italy 4-2 Hungary
1934 Italy Italy Italy 2-1 Czechoslovakia
1930 Uruguay Uruguay Uruguay 4-2 Argentina
Point being? Seriously, scratching my head here.

La Nuca

New Zealand wouldnt beat anybody from Conmebol but they put up a decent fight tonight.

RoyH1

Other than Panamá I really don’t see any walkovers in this WC. I get many very even groups with the exception of the very top sides.
Every team will be praying to be in the Poland, Russia or even Belgium group.

antohan

gets aroused by tagline boobs
What does Hmmm mean?

It's the only sport they play or care about. They don't always have teams stacked with class players like they did in the 70s, but they consistently perform better than the sum of parts, always play with grit and determination, always emphasise technique and ball on deck... When you see that red stripe across a white shirt you know what it stands for and what their football is all about.

Very pleased that they are finally back in a World Cup. Hope the Guerrero situation is resolved favourably, it would be a shame if he can't go.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Seeing some of these teams, I'm ashamed Holland didn't qualify. We're easily better than 2/3 of the contestants. Though being better on paper means nothing if you have a shite coach that embeds his shite mentality on our shite team leading to shite performances.

Yes Im sad.

:(

11clarkie11

Not sure if I'm in the correct place to be saying this, however Tottenham have just announced Harry Winks, Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Hugo Lloris are all fit to face Arsenal on Saturday.

Surely it is no coincidence all of these players missed the internationals and withdrew? It really annoys me should be investigated and fined.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Not sure if I'm in the correct place to be saying this, however Tottenham have just announced Harry Winks, Harry Kane, Dele Alli and Hugo Lloris are all fit to face Arsenal on Saturday.

Surely it is no coincidence all of these players missed the internationals and withdrew? It really annoys me should be investigated and fined.
Can't really fine a club for not sending their players to a friendly I think. Playing for your national team is not mandatory, hence people can quit playing for their country without quitting all together.

11clarkie11

Can't really fine a club for not sending their players to a friendly I think. Playing for your national team is not mandatory, hence people can quit playing for their country without quitting all together.
I seemed to think that it was mandatory, I'm sure I remember Franck Ribery a few years ago refusing to play for France - and it caused uproar. He was only pardoned from joining the France squad when announcing his international retirement.

I'm quite sure unless injured or retired, you have to answer the call of your international squad.

do.ob

Supports
Borussia Dortmund
Seeing some of these teams, I'm ashamed Holland didn't qualify. We're easily better than 2/3 of the contestants. Though being better on paper means nothing if you have a shite coach that embeds his shite mentality on our shite team leading to shite performances.

Yes Im sad.

Ryan Babel.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"

Yes Im sad.

You didn't even qualify to the easiest Euros in history to qualify for.

You are deservingly missing yet another major tournament.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
You didn't even qualify to the easiest Euros in history to qualify for.

You are deservingly missing yet another major tournament.
I know it's deserved, but it's sad, because on paper we should qualify, making it more infuriating to yet again not qualify.

K2K

"Can Manchester United score? They always score"
I know it's deserved, but it's sad, because on paper we should qualify, making it more infuriating to yet again not qualify.
I really don't like this on "paper" argument. It just perpetuates the myth of the status quo. Thought the same with Italy.

I think not qualifying for the world cup could actually be a blessing in disguise. Dutch football has been on the wane for a while now. I don't think its solely down to talent either, with the KNVB a big part of that. Maybe this failure will kick them into action. The hiring of three successive managers at once was one of the most weird things I've seen, especially when that didn't include the man that should have got the job in the first place.