World Cup Ruined Thread

Giggsy's Dinner

It always surprises me why they have a new ball every W.C. Surely you want the players used to the ball so they play the best football, instead of giving them a few weeks to get used to a ball that could have different characteristics.

Jerzol78

It always surprises me why they have a new ball every W.C. Surely you want the players used to the ball so they play the best football, instead of giving them a few weeks to get used to a ball that could have different characteristics.
It' simple. Marketing. Increasing sales of a new ball.
Who cares for the players, they need to adapt anyway.

Giggsy's Dinner

I'm aware why they do it. Hardly worth it if it's to the detriment of the quality of football on show, that's my point.

Jerzol78

I'm aware why they do it. Hardly worth it if it's to the detriment of the quality of football on show, that's my point.
You're right, but sadly it shows what is actually more important (thus worth more) for FIFA and cooperating companies. They will earn more and we all will watch the World Cup anyway.

Morpheus 7

Luis Suarez will be up to his old tricks again. I wouldn't be surprised if he has Rooney/Ronaldo 2006 moment.
Getting somebody sent off, probably with his diving in this case. Afraid to come back to England scenario.
Then the Real Madrid rumors take over the media.
He will do anything to win?
Racism, biting, diving and handing it on the line. There is no low old Goofy won't go.

rcoobc

Not as crap as eferyone thinks
But the weird thing is they dont actually really sell the actual balls to the public, just replicas (or at least with that 2010 Ball)

So it really is just the colour and pattern they are selling. Which could be on any old ball.

Chorley1974

Lady Ole
That would require some degree of sense and appreciation for the fans perspective though. so forget it, it is FIFA after all.

mufcwarm92

Definitely the unfinished stadiums and definitely the protests. High ticket prices pricing out the locals again presumably too.

LetMeRollIt

Heard the new ball is supposed to be more "stable" than the previous one. So we'll see less of those wicked knucklers, I suppose.

maba723

likes bananas a bit too much
But the weird thing is they dont actually really sell the actual balls to the public, just replicas (or at least with that 2010 Ball)

So it really is just the colour and pattern they are selling. Which could be on any old ball.
They do sell them to the public. I bought one(2014 World Cup) myself for $180.. Lost it after 3 weeks or so :lol:

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
....surely its not surprising then?

Momochiru

Are you sure? I played with the 2014 Brazuca last week - it looked real, with it's unique locking pattern and all...

rcoobc

They do sell them to the public. I bought one(2014 World Cup) myself for $180.. Lost it after 3 weeks or so :lol:
I will wanted buy one and experience the floatyness for myself. Was waiting for them to come down in price from over £100. Never did.

For the true wold Cup experience I should have just bought a volley ball, and got some kids to shout down traffic cones at us.

The 2002 ball was immense. I had a size 3 replica. Easily the coolest ball in existence.

rcoobc

Are you sure? I played with the 2014 Brazuca last week - it looked real, with it's unique locking pattern and all...
Maybe they are. I dunno. How much did it cost?

I guess this should be the genuine one, not the replica, but who knows.

I don't think many in the public why buy a real one, just the replicas, so its just the colours that sell