Worst buys so far this season

Bondi77

Havertz has to be leading the pack at the moment followed closely by Telles.

el3mel

Ehh why Telles really ? He was bought to be a rotation option with Shaw and nothing else.

Havertz has been the worst by a long margin, followed by Willian.

Lentwood

This forum is full of absolute cranks - if van de Beek had gone to a rival in the Summer this board would have melted down yet here we are saying he’s one of the worst signings of the season because he hasn’t started many games yet - we’re 11 league games into his Utd career!

Not to mention the fact we’re even talking about Telles!

Dante

Average bang
Telles and VdB are both squad players who were brought in to provide cover/competition. So far, they're doing a great job.

Telles has slotted in nicely for Shaw during his injury spell.

VdB hasn't played much, but that's because Bruno has been one of the best players in the world so far this season. Is that because he has competition for his place? We'll never know. But either way, it's like saying that home insurance is a bad investment because you haven't been burgled yet.

SalfordRed18

Netflix and avocado, no chill
Supports
Ashwood City FC
Telles and VdB are both squad players who were brought in to provide cover/competition. So far, they're doing a great job.

Telles has slotted in nicely for Shaw during his injury spell.

VdB hasn't played much, but that's because Bruno has been one of the best players in the world so far this season. Is that because he has competition for his place? We'll never know. But either way, it's like saying that home insurance is a bad investment because you haven't been burgled yet.
[/Thread]

Maluco

Last Man Standing 3 champion 2019/20
Outside of Havertz so far, Ramsdale has been poor for Sheffield United.

The difference between him and Henderson in tight games has been a massive difference maker for them. They could rely on Henderson to make some saves and keep them in games as the last line of defence. Ramsdale doesn’t offer that at all and looks unsteady even at the basics at times.

It’s a key position for them when you don’t score goals, and they have messed up his replacement.

Nick7

I have a feeling VdB will be an important player in the future.
I think he’s a good player and could be very good for us. He just isn’t getting a chance and if you buy a player for 40m, and he barely plays a third into the season he’s well on the way to “worst buy”.

el3mel

VDB hasn't played that much to put him anywhere near these lists at all either.

Jam

Mental that people are even suggesting Telles and VDB were the worst signings of the window.

They haven't set the world on fire but they've hardly been bad, are people only aware of United?

Vidyoyo

The bad "V"
Mental that people are even suggesting Telles and VDB were the worst signings of the window.

They haven't set the world on fire but they've hardly been bad, are people only aware of United?
Agree about Telles but VdB simply hasn't been good. If Havertz is entering the debate then there's no reason VdB shouldn't be.

Varun1

Give Telles time. Guy barely got here and he's been relatively ok. What about Werner?
So Telles is given time because he barely got here but Werner who's also in his first season shouldn't be given time?

SER19

Vdb looks like a fantastic player and will undoubtedly feature more when Pogba leaves. What reactionary nonsense :lol:

NinjaFletch

Ramsdale cost an awful lot of money off the back of a woeful season at Bournemouth. I've not seen much to suggest that that was a good deal.

Trezeguet17

Easily Victor Osimhen.
80 Million € for Victor Osimhen.
It still hasn't really sunk in yet

Victor Osimhen Eighty Million Euro

hasanejaz88

Supports
Germany
Havertz has to top the list, why the feck are VdB and Telles being considered? VdB sadly doesn't get as many opportunities as he should but you can clearly see he plays well when given the chance, Telles hasn't played a lot himself and hasn't been poor at all.

Jam

Agree about Telles but VdB simply hasn't been good. If Havertz is entering the debate then there's no reason VdB shouldn't be.
VDB has been fine, had some good moments had some poor moments. There’s far more players across the Premier League and abroad that have performed far worse.

Havertz also came in for twice the cost and the much larger reputation hence his inclusion to some people. I don’t think he’s been terrible, but he hasn’t been good either.

JTW95

Gullible sausage
Havertz for me when you consider the price that was paid and him offering absolutely nothing.

Tbh Werner isn't blowing me away hes look pretty poor the last few weeks but you feel like there is a player in there.

Wednesday at Stoke

Supports
Time Travel
United can afford to spend 40M on Van de Beek, Sheffield on other hand spent 25M on Brewster and he can't even start for a team that has one point so far.

Skåre Willoch

Willian, and it’s not even close.

Brewster doesn’t even look like a footballer when he’s playing, so he has to be up there as well.

Even though he’s had a rough start to his Chelsea career, I think Havertz is a great acquisition. Same with Werner.

Thiago might prove to be permainjured, but he came on the cheap and was/is worth the punt.

Telles and VDB shouldn’t even be in this discussion, in my opinion.

Rightnr

Wants players fined for winning away.
Havertz has to be leading the pack at the moment followed closely by Telles.
Is this a joke? If Telles is a failure, Maguire should be on trial for defrauding us last year.

Real Madras

Supports
Real Oviedo
None of our new signings have been a flop so none of our players should come under this list. I can think of loads of other signings that haven’t worked in no particular order.

1 Brewster
2 Havertz
3 Werner
4 Willian
5 Bale
6 Partey
7 Saliba
8 Minamino

Elpidios

Errr, Nicolas Pépé?

Considering the fee that was paid for him, there would undoubtedly be an expectation upon his head to perform, but has largely been underwhelming thus far.