Worst ever performance

RedPed

Whatabouter.
Woodgate's Real Madrid debut was comedy gold if not mentioned already.

JSArsenal

Jenkinson in the 8-2. Theo Walcott of all people was telling Jenkinson where to stand. Walcott wouldn't know where to stand even if someone painted a giant X with his name above it on the pitch, Jenkinson told him to feck off, then got sent off a few minutes later.

Kemizee

Wayne Rooney vs Aston Villa away. That was in his last or penultimate season. Can't recall clearly. That was one hell of an atrocious performance.

Passing, awareness, ball control were abysmal all night long.

Irwin99

Huh? You mean the worldcup last 16 game? He scored the only goal of the game in the 118. minute...:lol:...:(
I think I vaguely remember that game and he was actually spectacularly awful if I remember correctly but scored in the end after having nothing else go right for him in the game. I just remember pundits laughing and saying that something had to go right for him eventually and it did.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
As a team?... Barca 94 European Cup final. Poor coaching. Against an AC Milan team ravaged by every possible inconvenience.

UnrelatedPsuedo

I pity the poor fool who stinks like I do!
Woodgate's debut for Real has to be up there.

Highlights included:
- Making his debut 13 months after signing for them for £14M, a hefty sum back then, thanks to injury,
- Scoring a bizarre own goal after 25 minutes,
- Getting sent off after 66 minutes for a needless second bookable offence,
- Making only 8 more appearances for Real before getting loaned to Middlesborough, and
- Being voted the worst transfer of the 21st Century by Marca readers in July 2007.

Well done, Jonathan!
He really was a top centre half though.

lysglimt

Scout
Jon Walters deserves a mention after that game when he scored 2 headed owngoals - and missed a penalty. Can't remember who he played against - one of the topclubs I Think.

And I saw Leigh Jenkinson mentioned by someone for his match against us - but he had a game against Bournemouth where he performed a lot worse (3-4 years ago). He gave a goal away, and then a couple of big chances that Bournemouth missed. Before losing the ball - and giving away a penalty and being sent off - while trying to correct his previous mistake. Bournemouth won 4-3

roonster09

Hercule Poirot of the scouting world
Scout
Jon Walters deserves a mention after that game when he scored 2 headed owngoals - and missed a penalty. Can't remember who he played against - one of the topclubs I Think.

And I saw Leigh Jenkinson mentioned by someone for his match against us - but he had a game against Bournemouth where he performed a lot worse (3-4 years ago). He gave a goal away, and then a couple of big chances that Bournemouth missed. Before losing the ball - and giving away a penalty and being sent off - while trying to correct his previous mistake. Bournemouth won 4-3
Walters was vs Chelsea iirc. One of the worst performance.

duffer

Sensible and not a complete jerk like most oppo's
Scout
He really was a top centre half though.
History has not been too kind to Woodgate, he was great. If he was 25 and fit now he'd be England's best centre back. He had Rio, JT, King and Campbell in front of him.

Not to mention being a sicknote on a Kieron Dyer/Darren Anderson/Lesley King level.

Walters was vs Chelsea iirc. One of the worst performance.
That game was so funny. Schadenfreude is a wonderful part of football.

buckooo1978

For the life of me I can't remember this game, and there are no 'highlights' on YouTube.
it was the game he was getting skinned repeatedly by Graham Dorrans I think - he ended up hacking him down as it was the only way he could stop him.

should have been sent off but we ended up subbing him off

Lay

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Huh? You mean the worldcup last 16 game? He scored the only goal of the game in the 118. minute...:lol:...:(
Yeah woeful! Remember watching it and he looked like he had never played football before. The goal saved him a great deal as all of a sudden he became the second most important player for Argentina according to pundits.

Ducklegs

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Mkhitaryan away at Chelsea, where he did absolutely nothing apart from jog slowly round the centre circle till he was hooked off.

Berbatov against City in the FA cup, he was a complete embarrassment.

Berbatov against Everton in the FA cup.

Berbatov against Houlliers Villa.

Evans against West Ham.

Sanchez every time he takes to the pitch.

Etc etc etc.

SadlerMUFC

Thinks for himself
Martin Palermo 3 penalty misses in one game

https://actueeltv.nl/v/698440
Own goal hattrick in a 2-3 loss (however it looks like the 3rd one was called wrong and the attacker put it over the line)
3 penalty misses in one game? Wow. Don't know how I ever missed that one. And 3 of the worst penalties I've ever seen. As a kid my coach used to tell us that you can never go under the net, so shoot as low as possibly on penalties, and if one of our players took a penalty and shot high, he never took another one, even if he scored. Palermo puts 2 over the net and then some how still has the confidence to take another and puts it pretty much down the middle again, but 4 feet off the ground (easiest height for a keeper to save). I hope he never took another penalty again in his career

Swiss_Red89

Aye. Shows how bad it was - he lost the ball 51 times during the game.
I dont remember him being that bad. I also think if you score the only goal with a good finish in a WC Knockout game your performance dont deserve to be mentioned in a "worst performance ever" thread. Regardless of how bad you played the rest of the game.

If it has to be this game you better would have picked Drmic for his clinical "finish" / chip attempt at 0:0...still cant believe he wont for this option with his weaker foot on that occasion. He was also absolutely useless the rest of the game.

Shark

@NotShark
Fernando Torres vs us at OT back in in 2011. That open goal miss alone warrants a mention.

Scarlet_Emperor

Supports
CR Flamengo
Julio César vs Germany (WC 2014)
It's senseless to hold Júlio César responsible for having conceived 7 goals when the defensive system was so terrible that day that they allowed German players to pass in the penalty area as if it were a training session. Remember Júlio César saved a very close-range shot from Klose before conceiving the second goal that could have been easily avoided if Dante, David Luiz or Marcelo hadn't left Klose alone.

He was actually the best Brazilian player in that match and it could have been even worse without him.