Worst ever performance

the_irish123

It's obviously not the worst ever performance, but I thought it wasn't mentioned enough how bad Subasic game against France in WC final was.

Djemba-Djemba

Rooney away to Aston Villa at the start of Van Gaal's second season.

Astonishingly bad performance. Even worse than the Watford one the year after.

ZAKU-RED

Supports
Barcelona
The Midfield trio of Rafinha-Mascherano-Sergi Roberto in the 2015 Spanish Super Cup vs Athletic Bilbao at the San Mamés.

Lucho had his hands tied as the game was about two days after the UEFA Super Cup, so he decided not to risk certain starters to avoid any injuries so he had a rotated backline and Midfield and sure enough we got destroyed 4-1 with the Midfield being perhaps the main culprit.

Not an ounce of Ball retention and control in that Midfield that day and they just got eaten alive by Bilbao's High Press. :lol:

manutddjw

Bebé vs Wolves.

Does anyone remember that game might’ve been 2009 to 2011 against maybe Wolves where Scholes must have been drunk and couldn’t complete a pass to save his life? I do remember it being so bad that Sir Alex didn’t even take him off. Always remembered it because it was so bizarre.

Archie Leach

Gooner
Supports
Arsenal
Mikael Silvestre had an absolute shocker in his debut for Portland Timbers. I can't remember the exact details but it was calamitous. Angel who used to play for Villa missed two penalties in a match at some point too.

Hazard Warning

Supports
Chelsea
2 that I was there to see live:

Lovren vs Spurs 2017: As bad as it gets from a CB. I think Lovren only lasted like 30mins before Ox replaced him. Absolute car crash of a performance.

Jon Walters vs Chelsea 2012/2013?: My last season as an away ticket holder, what a treat. Scored 2 own goals, missed a penalty and surely completed more passes to Our players than his own. Masterclass. I remember him being that bad we were gutted for him when his pen hit the bar :lol:

AltiUn

likes playing with swords after fantasies
Rooney v Aston Villa in I believe LvG's second season, honestly the game I knew there was no chance of ever seeing the old Rooney again.

slored1

Rooney vs Iceland at the Euros. Even though he scored, he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch and got dominated by fecking Aron Gunnarsonn in midfield.

Rito

Supports
Chelsea
Morata in 90% of his games with Chelsea
Torres in 70% of his games with Chelsea

Pughnichi

Peter Ramage v United. Think it was his first start but he was laughable. Gave us all hope! Never seen anyone dominated quite so much in such a short space of time. Subbed after 25 mins and consolidated by both sets of players as he made the long walk across the pitch from RB

Maestro14

OHKO'd a shiny Electrike
In terms of referees, Clattenburg in the Chelsea v Spurs match has to be up there as one of the worst ever performances by a referee.

beedoubleyou

Who remembers Ali Dia, "George Weah's cousin"?

In November 1996, Dia convinced Graeme Sourness, then Southampton manager, that he was the cousin of FIFA World Player of the Year and Ballon d'Or winner George Weah, which led to him signing a one-month contract with Southampton days later. Dia played only one match in his short spell at the club. He came on as a substitute in a league game, but was then himself substituted. He was subsequently released, 14 days into his contract. (via wiki)
Strange story

RedRob

"I believe. I believe there will be more. T
Woodgate's debut for Real has to be up there.

Highlights included:
- Making his debut 13 months after signing for them for £14M, a hefty sum back then, thanks to injury,
- Scoring a bizarre own goal after 25 minutes,
- Getting sent off after 66 minutes for a needless second bookable offence,
- Making only 8 more appearances for Real before getting loaned to Middlesborough, and
- Being voted the worst transfer of the 21st Century by Marca readers in July 2007.

Well done, Jonathan!

Ish

Lights on for Luke
Bailly vs PSG, one of the worst defensive performances in Champions League knockout history.
He was appalling, yeah. Didn't help that between him and Young, they were both seemingly confused wrt their role.
Loris Karius vs Real Madrid in the CL final.
Good shout. Poor fella still hasn't recovered from that concussion.
Gerrard vs United where he got sent off after 20 seconds or whatever.
Good shout.

Could name pretty every other Brazilian instead of him. David Luiz always get singled out when it was a collective failure. The pictures of him crying are too memorable.
Good point, though iirc, Luiz simply went walk-about after a while, and he was nowhere to be seen in defence, when the Germans just strolled through.

Josep Dowling

Eboue, came on then subbed off 10 minutes later.

Woodgate’s debut for Real Madrid. Own goal then was sent off.

Gerrard when he was subbed on against us only to stamp on Herrera and get sent off. Think he was on pitch less than a minute.

MarkK

Supports
Bayern Munich
As a team, Germany's performance against South Korea during the WC 2018 must have been the worst I've ever seen. The lack of pace in this game was literally comical.

Mike Smalling

David Luiz was appalling against Germany in the 7-1 defeat, but was almost equally hilarious for PSG against Barca, when Suarez nutmegged him and scored twice.

How people rate him as a defender is beyond me.

Raw

Rooney vs Iceland at the Euros. Even though he scored, he was comfortably the worst player on the pitch and got dominated by fecking Aron Gunnarsonn in midfield.
Could go one better and say the whole team against Iceland. Feck it, England under Hodgson in general was 90% woeful and 10% okay. I'm glad to see the back of his reign.

cvslfc123

Supports
Liverpool
Vidic in our 4–1 win at Old Trafford in 2009. Considering he had been immense all season before that it was a real shock. I still think that one performance cost him the PFA Player of the Year award that year.

(Giggs winning it was a joke in all honesty)

Pink Moon

Supports
Celtic
Ben Hamer for Huddersfield away to Man City at the start of this season. It was truly pathetic.

JB08

Searches for nude pics of Marcos Rojo
Rooney in Michael Carrick's testimonial.