Worst PL players "stealing a living"?

TheOrgazoid

Firstly, no need to say "hence why" ;)

Secondly, it is deluded to think Lingard is only playing for Utd because he is local. He is from Warrington so he's not exactly a Mancunian and you don't have world class managers such as Jose Mourinho consistently selecting him if he is no good. Say what you like about LVG but he has been a world class coach and also liked him and I dare say Fergie would rate him too. You don't come through the Man Utd academy if you're no good because he has had to compete against countless players at every age level to get where he is and then he has forced his way into the Utd first team squad vs competition from all the players Utd could or have bought in the transfer market. We've seen more technically adept players come and go such as Depay and Zaha in recent years so there is more to it - there is attitude, work rate, off the ball movement, decision making to name a few and I think Lingard excels in attributes such as those. 3 important goals at Wembley tell you he has the mental fortitude to play at this level.
I would argue that the sum total of feck all in all of the other games (in terms of performance and what he does for the team) would imply that he is here to make up the numbers.

Lingard is a placeholder, in my opinion. And it is just my opinion.

Hey, I don't care how good he is - as long as he can give us something useful then I'm his biggest fan.

TheOrgazoid

As he's been a squad member under a few managers now, maybe they see something you don't.
Mate, I would certainly hope that those managers all saw plenty that I didn't :lol:

Oh and when he starts practicing Law, you can then state how hard he works, I'd be pretty certain he doesn't hold a law degree.
He doesn't even hold a law degree? Ship him out.

Cascarino

Magnum Poopus
Supports
Swansea
First name that comes to mind is Rooney by the amount he got paid by United and probably still gets at Everton, Delph is another at City.

Gareth Bale and Jack Wilshere also comes to mind.
Bale and Wilshere I understand (though disagree with) due to their injury problems, but Delph has been flying at LB for City this season.

Andycoleno9

matchday malcontent
Jesse lingard and phil jones. Lingard is 2500 per week division 1 player and plays for biggest club in country for 100k.
Jones is classic example of that term. He is injured all the time especially at the end of every season when he is needed the most. He would be sacked from any " regular " job.

BullishBull

Supports
Liverpool
Some of the shouts in here?! Gueye?! We have seen he can play, he's just suffering under bad managers/setup. He has proved his quality. I think players like Cattermole are players who steal a living. I think you'd find players in the championship and below who could do a better job. What is he actually good at? Passes sideways all the time and just fouls people.

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
Jesse lingard and phil jones. Lingard is 2500 per week division 1 player and plays for biggest club in country for 100k.
Jones is classic example of that term. He is injured all the time especially at the end of every season when he is needed the most. He would be sacked from any " regular " job.
Not true

Jog on

Alabaster Codify7

Danny 'Local Lad' Welbeck

Jesse Lingard - 100k a week for what, exactly? The homegrown quota?

Wayne Rooney since about 2013.

Luke Shaw.

Those are the first ones that spring to mind but there's tons of 'em.

AlwaysRed66

Wayne Rooney for the last few seasons. Also Sissoko at Spurs springs to mind.

M Bison

Supports
York City
Some odd shouts in here, unless I’ve misunderstood the question.

Gareth Bale - Struggled with injuries recently but stealing a living?!

Blind

Think about what you’re saying..”stealing a living”.
The thread title's hyperbolic obviously but I think they're much better examples than the likes of Welbeck and Lingard who despite injury or not being good enough at the top level are still decent footballers and unmistakeably professional athletes.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Daily Blind. Don't get me wrong he's a decent player in his own right, but he he get's first team action at a side like United is crazy.

Giggsy92

Simon Francis is a good shout, amazing that he's not just lasted three years at this level but he's still starting regularly for Bournemouth.

golden_blunder

Staff
Jesse Lingard for starters anyway at United.
Get out

Seriously does any of you dunder heads understand what ‘stealing a living’ means or are yous just gonna bash Lingard in every thread? Morons. A lot of united fans are actual morons!

GifLord

Better at GIFs than posts
Lingard easilly he earns as much as Serie A's WC players did 10+ years ago :lol:

From 2005-06 season
Code:
1. Totti - 5.8MM Euros
2. Buffon - 5MM
- Del Piero
- Nedved
- Thuram
- Trezeguet
- Vieira
8. Shevchenko - 4.7MM
9. Rui Costa - 4.6MM
10. F. Cannavaro - 4.5MM
- Emerson
- Adriano
- Nesta
- Pippo Inzaghi
15. Kaka - 4MM
- Maldini
- Roberto Mancini
- Samuel
- Veron
20. Montella - 3.8MM
- Recoba
22. Fabio Capello - 3.5MM
- Figo
- Pirlo
- Seedorf
- Stam
- Toldo
- Vieri
29. Cassano - 3.2MM
- Gilardino
31. Kaladze - 3MM
32. Carlo Ancelotti - 2.8MM
- Dida
- Ibrahimovic
We're paying a squad rotation player wages that only important/key players should earn

smallred

Get out

Seriously does any of you dunder heads understand what ‘stealing a living’ means or are yous just gonna bash Lingard in every thread? Morons. A lot of united fans are actual morons!
he is on 100k+ a week and is playing for what is supposed to be the biggest club in the world. that, defines stealing a living.

when he leaves United, like multiple similar players in the past, his career will just hose dive into oblivion.

golden_blunder

Staff
he is on 100k+ a week and is playing for what is supposed to be the biggest club in the world. that, defines stealing a living.

when he leaves United, like multiple similar players in the past, his career will just hose dive into oblivion.
He trains hard and applies himself fully. That is not stealing a living. You think he’s not good enough which is fair enough but there’s a difference between not rating him and saying he’s stealing a living

YetAnotherCityFan

Supports
Manchester City
Saido Berahino is up there with the worst PL players of all time. Wayne Routledge, Hal Robson-Kanu and James Tomkins stand out too.

Josep Dowling

Richard Wright at City. I think he was there maybe 5 years and didn’t play.

He was only there so they could meet the English quota in the Champions League.

E-mal

He trains hard and applies himself fully. That is not stealing a living. You think he’s not good enough which is fair enough but there’s a difference between not rating him and saying he’s stealing a living
Seriously mate whats the difference?
Am paid the wages of a top neurosurgeon but cant even make a borehole in a top centre, then am stealing a living.
He is paid the wages a of a top top player(in fergie voice) but am mediocre in pretty much everything, thats stealing a living

King7Eric

Correctly predicted Italy to win Euro 2020
Saido Berahino. Hasn't scored a PL goal in around 2 years I think. And this is a guy who put up a hissy fit at WBA because he thought he was too good for them.

McGrathsipan

Dawn’s less famous husband
Daily Blind. Don't get me wrong he's a decent player in his own right, but he he get's first team action at a side like United is crazy.
That's symptomatic of another problem.

Blind is a decent squad player to have.