Westworld

Sunny in Philadelphia

Breaking Bad

My idea of hell if i had to watch those shows

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
Life’s Too Short

Ricky Gervais pushing his luck with the mockumentary formula and burning his wings flying too close to the sun. Really lazy show. Its basically Warwick Davis doing an unfunny David Brent impression in a shitty version of Extras.
That is exactly what it is. I wouldn't say legitimate worst programme ever but given my hopes for it it's a fair shout.

2 Broke Girls is shockingly awful but I'm going to have to agree it's saved from utter oblivion by Kat Dennings's chest in that uniform.

Glee's bad, Mrs Brown's Boys is woeful, pretty much every Chuck Lorre comedy looks terrible and considering the budgets and conveyor belt cynicism in which they've been put together I have to mention the Marvel/DC teenie shows (Arrow, Flash, Supergirl etc.). Hideous.

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
The right ones. Those who think it's a classic need to get themselves checked.

As I said, I am ready to drop hands on this. I train UFC BRO!
It does nothing for me but the writers and actors got the episodes zipping along and some intelligent people I know think it's good. I think if you didn't grow up with it there's little chance to get into it now as it's the absolute embodiment of the 90s, and in terms of how highly it's rated it falls massively short, but it must have done something right to still have the fanbase it has now.

90% of American comedies.

The other 10% are very good though.
I think it's nearer 99.9% for me.

Last edited:

Rick88

It does nothing for me but the writers and actors got the episodes zipping along and some intelligent people I know think it's good. I think if you didn't grow up with it there's little chance to get into it now as it's the absolute embodiment of the 90s, and in terms of how highly it's rated it falls massively short, but it must have done something right to still have the fanbase it has now.

I think it's nearer 99.9% for me.
I am around the same generation. Frasier was way better which came around the same time and Seinfeld was legendary which came before Friends. Dont think intelligence has anything to do with liking TV shows. Unless we are going into Rick and Morty territory. People get really aggressive about this show :lol:

12OunceEpilogue

In perfect harmony
Scout
I am around the same generation. Frasier was way better which came around the same time and Seinfeld was legendary which came before Friends. Dont think intelligence has anything to do with liking TV shows. Unless we are going into Rick and Morty territory. People get really aggressive about this show :lol:
:lol:

Yeah I didn't mean to sound weirdly elitist, just that I've never met a single intelligent lifeform who liked Mrs Brown's Boys for example but I know it's possible to like Friends and like good stuff as well. I'd probably agree with you that Frasier and Seinfeld are better than Friends but I'm not keen on any of them. The laughter track/live studio audience thing has dated horribly, to the point where the only ones I like from that era are stuff like Bottom, Men Behaving Badly and going further back Blackadder and Yes Minister, which I enjoyed as a child and a teenager.

backofthenet

Correctly predicted France to win World Cup 2018
He's not the messiah... he's a very naughty boy
Love Island, Only Way Is Essex, Made In Chelsea, Geordie Shore... all that utter bollocks can feck right off. Legitimises stupidity and shallowness in the worst possible way.

Joey was baaaaaad.

Mrs Browns Boys is like something out of the 70s with a few less racist/sexist overtones. My in-laws love it, but then they're stuck in a 70s timewarp anyway.

SmashedHombre

Memberus Anonymous & Legendus
The Blacklist. Probably not the worst in the world, but it was the only show I actively disliked that I watched a lot of, due to the fact my girlfriend likes it. God, it's awful though.

muller

So my girlfriend has started watching Glee and can I just say that it is hands down the worst TV show of all time. No real story line, all 'conversations' happen through shite versions of songs sang by a bunch of absolute cnuts. There is no redeeming quality to it at all. Turns out one of the main actors committed suicide after having drug problems and watching the show I completely understand why that happened. I would rather be fecked by a train of male Love Island contestants than ever have to watch another second of it. Obviously I have issued an ultimatum to herself that if she continues to watch it then I'm leaving.
Is that the one which had a scene where a hot girl was in a catsuit?

Great show.

(I've never seen it apart form that, honest)

muller

Big bang theory. Its just not funny. At all! Cue laugh track for no damn reason.
I like it, but can see why others don't. To be fair, I only really enjoyed the first 3-4 seasons, went downhill after that. Coincidentally got really bad when Penny cut her hair.

Also, small point, but no laugh tracks - which is unbelievable when you see/hear some of the dross of the last couple of seasons.

HTG

Supports
Bayern
The Middle is just terrible.

KirkDuyt

Supports
Feyenoord
Ahh

Friends is a weird one. Still great in many ways but has also aged really badly in bits.
Yeah, Friends aged horribly. Both content wise amd fashion wise. The guys wearing the giant shirts look so silly. It's also quite incompatible with the current societal climate. George from seinfeld however, will ways be relevant.

Big Andy

Bloke
Yeah all of the characters were pretty odious. There were loads of those 8-9pm funny as a hole in the head comedy series.
Sunday night stuff like Call the Midwife or Heartbeat, where a loose hay bale blowing into a road would be the gripping storyline for one episode.
Last of the Summer Wine. How many times can one group of old blokes end up careering down a hill in a fecking bath with wheels?

feck off.

Big Andy

Bloke
The show that makes me question everything is Impractical Jokers. 4 guys who have been doing some hidden camera pranks for decades but still manage to seem embarrassed by everything they have to do in this show. It's quite popular, that astounds me.
I love Impractical Jokers, it's perfect switch your brain off comedy. BUT, they're doing arena tours across America, and are pretty well known in New York, so how the feck are people still managing to not know who they are?

FrankDrebin

Don't call me Shirley
Supports
USA Manchester Red Socks
Last of the Summer Wine. How many times can one group of old blokes end up careering down a hill in a fecking bath with wheels?

feck off.
Always used to be a running joke with my brothers when we were young.Glad we were not alone. :lol:

HTG

Supports
Bayern
Oh and Bob's Burgers is just plain shit.

André Dominguez

Supports
Benfica, Académica
Big bang theory started well actually: a show that was different because it treat the characters as a society outcasts, but as in the last 4 to 5 season they become the average Joe with science knowledge and the show become a general boring sitcom.

Sparky_Hughes

I am Shitbeard.
This country, the most tumescent unfunny pointless pile of crap ever to be aired, closely followed by the royal family

a_devil_inside

Big footed hermaphrodite
Miranda
Big Bang Theory
Reality shows following some tarts and orange guys like Towie, Geordie Shore, Big Brother, Chelsea one etc.
Drake and Josh as well as most American comedies.
X-Factor and the dancing shows.
Judge Judy
Jeremy Kyle
The Last Leg

Peppa Pig, at least for any parents of young kids.

She's a little cnut, in fact everyone in it is a cnut.

Can't watch an episode without getting an uncontrollably urge to gorge on sausages.
Hate her and Spongebob

Adam-Utd

Part of first caf team to complete Destiny raid
Tried to get into trailer park boys and just couldn't get passed the 2nd episode. Rubbish.

432JuanMata

Miranda
Big Bang Theory
Reality shows following some tarts and orange guys like Towie, Geordie Shore, Big Brother, Chelsea one etc.
Drake and Josh as well as most American comedies.
X-Factor and the dancing shows.
Judge Judy
Jeremy Kyle
The Last Leg

Hate her and Spongebob
Spongebob is the best show ever and you can’t change my mind

Van Piorsing

Lost his light sabre
The newest season of X-Files was a disaster for usual X-Files standard. Almost ruined the whole series and doubt they'll shoot a new movie after this.

They should just stop.

SirAF

Ageist
I like it, but can see why others don't. To be fair, I only really enjoyed the first 3-4 seasons, went downhill after that. Coincidentally got really bad when Penny cut her hair.

Also, small point, but no laugh tracks - which is unbelievable when you see/hear some of the dross of the last couple of seasons.
Ah yes, that was a tragedy.

Andersons Dietician

Biggest pile of crap on TV is Riverdale. It’s so crap however and has the most ridiculous storylines that I just can’t stop watching it. One of the leads, is basically the hardest Mother F’ing lover in the world. Fought a grizzly bear for Christ sake and basically knocked out every mofo in the correctional facility he was in not to mention the odd mob boss or serial killer here and there.

Did I mention he’s supposed to be like 16-18 and not have super human powers.

You‘ve not seen crap telly till you’ve watched this.

Turnip

likes to be spanked with games consoles
Intelligence (the one with Ross from Friends recently on Sky). I was incredibly disappointed. I'm used to random American sitcoms being awful, but this was a British one seemingly with a decent amount of backing (budget), only watched 1 episode and it was fecking awful, literally didn't laugh once. Maybe I'm getting old and jaded.

Josep Dowling

Mrs Browns Boys has to be up there. How that become big I’ll never know. Also the way they were paid by the BBC to avoid tax is the icing on the cake.