Wot, 3 transfers :) but no sales :(

RedStarUnited

What gets me is we clearly want a RB with the Trippier. That’s means we don’t fancy Dalot. Now all of a sudden we want to keep Dalot, why? If you don’t think he’s good enough what’s the point in having him as an option on the bench?
Williams out on loan, Tuanzebe the same leave us with no cover at right back.

Devil may care

Not being able to flush the turds is going to cost us this season, and giving Mata and Matic extensions was a disaster. If we don't move at least one of Clingard/James/VdB on and get a midfielder then it's going to be more of the same with the shower we've got as options in midfield.

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
Liverpool just sold Shaqiri for just under 10 million pounds.

They consistently sell players for very good prices.

The excuses for us don't cut it!
Im fairly sure they don’t pay their squad players as much as us. I’d say Salah is on the same kind of money as Martial. Pogba (will be) and Ddg Sanchez are/were on a different planet wage wise to any of their players.

laughtersassassin

Im fairly sure they don’t pay their squad players as much as us. I’d say Salah is on the same kind of money as Martial. Pogba (will be) and Ddg Sanchez are/were on a different planet wage wise to any of their players.
That excuse ran dry for us about 5 seasons ago even if it's true.

Also we constantly renew players we never play;

Ali Dia

Souness's Super Sub/George Weahs Talented Cousin
That excuse ran dry for us about 5 seasons ago even if it's true.

Also we constantly renew players we never play;
Im just saying its all relative. Are West Ham really going to make Lingard their highest paid player and pay us a decent fee? I don’t really see it. Until we get in line with the what the real market rates are for the players actual level of talent only then will see any real return on transfer fees.

luke511

James - https://theathletic.com/2779239/202...ill-be-keeping-hold-of-reliable-daniel-james/
Martial - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-united-will-not-sell-anthony-martial-summer/
Lingard - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...chester-united-west-ham-england-b1906090.html

I know it's Solskjaer's style to big up his players publicly no matter what, but I've a strong feeling he genuinely wants to keep hold of these 3 easily replaceable players, instead bringing in £70-80 million's worth of sales towards a CDM. It's baffling stuff.

croadyman

James - https://theathletic.com/2779239/202...ill-be-keeping-hold-of-reliable-daniel-james/
Martial - https://www.telegraph.co.uk/footbal...-united-will-not-sell-anthony-martial-summer/
Lingard - https://www.independent.co.uk/sport...chester-united-west-ham-england-b1906090.html

I know it's Solskjaer's style to big up his players publicly no matter what, but I've a strong feeling he genuinely wants to keep hold of these 3 easily replaceable players, instead bringing in £70-80 million's worth of sales towards a CDM. It's baffling stuff.
Yeah this third signing wouldn't be some bonus as Ole was trying to say in that interview with the Norwegian journo it's an absolute necessity especially when you look at the depth our PL rivals can boast in that area

sullydnl

Ross Kemp's caf ID
I realise this is completely irrational but if we were to sign Ronaldo without losing one of Martial/Cavani then the sheer amount of players we have for those front three positions would make me feel uncomfortable/anxious, in the same way spoons, knives and forks being piled together in cutlery drawer would.

I hope we sell someone just so it feels less messy to me.

JJ12

Predicted Portugal, Italy to win Euro 2016, 2020
I realise this is completely irrational but if we were to sign Ronaldo without losing one of Martial/Cavani then the sheer amount of players we have for those front three positions would make me feel uncomfortable/anxious, in the same way spoons, knives and forks being piled together in cutlery drawer would.

This is why I sell a lot of players on football manager. If you need to to scroll down your squad, you simply have too many players.

One page only.

Polar

Lingard and Martial = off we go. Expect £60-70m incoming :drool:

+ Dalot (£12m).

hobbers

We have 4 world class (Ronaldo Bruno Pogba and Cavani) and 3 top talents (Rashford, Greenwood and Sancho) for the front 4 positions. And Amad and the youth players beyond them.

How chocked full of sentimental horse shit does your head have to be at this point to think there's any merit in keeping James, Lingard and Martial. Martial is one thing because you couldn't pay teams to take him off us. But the other two have no future here and both want to play football, so keeping them is a cruelty not a kindness.

Yakuza_devils

Any West Ham supporter here can enlighten us why you refuse to pay 20 mil for Lingard? He was your best player last season.

This is a very reasonable fees in current market.

Sassy Colin

Death or the gladioli!
Aliens are in control of my tagline & location

If this is what makes you feel anxious, I suggest you seek medical attention. A speedy recovery to you.

Abraxas

I don't think so, Ole has said one thing in the media and then something entirely different has materialised quite a few times with transfers.

I just think he knows there is no point in burning bridges. If he knows the situation is that these guys (particularly Martial and Lingard) are proving hard to sell there is very little advantage in alienating them via public forums. It may even make some of these delicate egos want to dig their heels in. That's not good for morale if he has to keep them around. It makes a lot more sense to say they're good players etc, but privately suggest they won't get much football.

Also, I think Ole said at the start of the window there would be ins and outs. I doubt he envisaged this only being through loans. I just think it hasn't materialised as he hoped.

MrSingh2002

Sell ASAP
Lingard
Martial
Mata
Dalot

Keep
Ronaldo
Cavani
Rashford
Sancho
Greenwood
James
Amad

7 players for 3 positions LW ST and RW is more than enough for the season.

Sign
CDM
CM

Then sell Matic or Fred next summer.

Lee565

If only we could shift jones, matic, lingard, james, martial, dalot, henderson and mata. That would surely give us the opportunity to bring in a top deep laying/defensive midfielder.

RyRy11

Any West Ham supporter here can enlighten us why you refuse to pay 20 mil for Lingard? He was your best player last season.

This is a very reasonable fees in current market.
My West Ham supporting mate says that Antonio, Fornals and Benrahma are playing well enough not to need Jesse and their owners are not interested in putting money into the team.

El Zoido

My West Ham supporting mate says that Antonio, Fornals and Benrahma are playing well enough not to need Jesse and their owners are not interested in putting money into the team.
And drew 2-2 with Palace at home yesterday. They can’t expect players to retain that form all season, every team needs depth. It’s not a good approach from the owners if that’s true, I’m sure Moyes would take him in a heartbeat.

::sonny::

No sales, the target is to have 50 players for the first team

Jones, Bailly, Van de beek, lingard, james will play (maybe, if not injured) only in the carabao

RyRy11

And drew 2-2 with Palace at home yesterday. They can’t expect players to retain that form all season, every team needs depth. It’s not a good approach from the owners if that’s true, I’m sure Moyes would take him in a heartbeat.
They hate their owners as much as we hate the Glazers.

Jaxa

I’d sell:

- Lingard £20m
- Donny (hopefully back to Ajax) £30m
- James £20m

And spend that money on Rice or Bissouma, it’s painful how bad we need a CDM

croadyman

I’d sell:

- Lingard £20m
- Donny (hopefully back to Ajax) £30m
- James £20m

And spend that money on Rice or Bissouma, it’s painful how bad we need a CDM
Think you may need to adjust the price for James and won't get that for Donny when he has hardly played

Ahmer Baig

Can we offer Fred, James, Matic and Jones to Arsenal. They may be tempted to buy them considering their form as of late.

TrustInOle

James starting ahead of Jesse today makes me think West Ham have made contact? Ole playing coy regarding James to could mean a loan for him.

Escobar

Shameless Musketeer
James starting ahead of Jesse today makes me think West Ham have made contact? Ole playing coy regarding James to could mean a loan for him.
Jesse is not really a RW though and I think Ole wanted James' work rate. Not really sure we manage to sell a player

davidmichael

In an ideal world we’d get rid of all of Jones, Lingard, James and Martial in the next couple of days which you’d like to think would generate £60 million in sales and £500K a week off the wage bill which would be enough to bring in a quality pure defensive midfielder.

MrSingh2002

James is gone
Next Lingard, Martial and Dalot

Incoming - Trippier and Tchouameni/Neves

Then we should expect to win the Premier League and be in atleast a Champs League Semi Final.

That would show serious ambition.

kirk buttercup

James is gone
Next Lingard, Martial and Dalot

Incoming - Trippier and Tchouameni/Neves

Then we should expect to win the Premier League and be in atleast a Champs League Semi Final.

That would show serious ambition.
James will go and thats it. Having said that I said that was it last week and then we signed Ronaldo so what do I know .

ArjenIsM3

In an ideal world we’d get rid of all of Jones, Lingard, James and Martial in the next couple of days which you’d like to think would generate £60 million in sales and £500K a week off the wage bill which would be enough to bring in a quality pure defensive midfielder.
That might just compensate Ronaldo's wages :lol:

V.O.

Last Man Standing finalist 2019/20

Might actually have fecking sold somebody for more than a pittance. :drool: