Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

Giggsy13

It’s a bit early for this isn’t it. Our season finished less than a week ago.
Yea you’re right, who makes signings when the season is still going despite the transfer window being open for almost a month already. That’s what a proper football club does, which we clearly are not at the moment.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?
But but but, “iTs sTiLL eArLyYyyy! wE sPeNd £££. cOronA!!!”, and all type of other non-sensical and smug arguments by some on here.

It would be absolutely shameful if Ole doesn’t get the backing he rightly deserves after guiding us to an unexpected 3rd place finish. We’re 33 points behind the champions and it’s the lack of urgency or care for that matter by Joel Glazer and Ed that is so infuriating. It doesn’t have to be Sancho or bust, address other needs in the squad.
Newsflash...... They might just be working on those exact things. Fancy that eh?

Go and have a lie down and relax. Our season doesn't start for 4 more weeks and we are going to get little to no pre season anyway due to our European exploits.

Zen86

Yea you’re right, who makes signings when the season is still going despite the transfer window being open for almost a month already. That’s what a proper football club does, which we clearly are not at the moment.
No doubt a reactionary hissy fit to us not spunking 120m on Sancho

sammsky1

Pochettino's #1 fan
Our fans literally are the worst cry babies known to man. The window has another 6 to 7 weeks left and our season ended 6 days ago for crying out loud.

Being at the panic stations phase right now is absolutely pathetic. Grow a back bone and man up.
It’s really surprised me just how terrible some are after SAF left.

from what I’m aware of, a football club plays matches which it then charges people to watch, at stadium or at home. I don’t remember clubs committing to not ‘blunt enthusiasm’ during the transfer window, ensuring clubs business is done to satisfy faceless internet moaners who can’t handle uncertainty.

Feels like we have reached a stage where some people actually ‘get off’ on transfer muppetry, and not the game itself.

Social media and digital football games has a lot to answer for!

jem

quite clear that you should do some growing up. Or find ways to deal with the ‘blunt’ in your enthusiasm.

In the grown up football world, £200m on 3 players is elite level spending. It requires a lot of ambition, courage, expertise and due diligence to pursue. Considering spending £108m when there is no exit straggly for a worldwide recession caused by a global pandemic is also one of the bravest moves any football club could attempt.

If you want to be taken seriously you need to stop being so flippant about such things. Else it seems you base your expectations from playing computer games and come across as very entitled and deluded.

else please demonstrate examples from your personal life where you can do better.
God that was a boringly earnest post.

edit: although I am grateful for the new term 'exit straggly'

Withnail

But but but, “iTs sTiLL eArLyYyyy! wE sPeNd £££. cOronA!!!”, and all type of other non-sensical and smug arguments by some on here.

It would be absolutely shameful if Ole doesn’t get the backing he rightly deserves after guiding us to an unexpected 3rd place finish. We’re 33 points behind the champions and it’s the lack of urgency or care for that matter by Joel Glazer and Ed that is so infuriating. It doesn’t have to be Sancho or bust, address other needs in the squad.
Smug?? :lol:

It is a bit early for people to be losing their shit and claiming we're absolutely not going to sign anyone. The window runs until October.

Its perfectly fine to have misgivings obviously and there is always the fear that the Glazers tighten the purse strings but it seems that some either love wallowing in misery or want to be able to say I told you so.

jem

How old are you? If it’s 15 or below, I’ll understand.
Good one. Anyway, feel free to comb through my posting history - let me know about the pattern of entitled/crybaby behaviour that you come across.

Nou_Camp99

what would Souness do?

from what I’m aware of, a football club plays matches which it then charges people to watch, at stadium or at home. I don’t remember clubs committing to not ‘blunt enthusiasm’ during the transfer window, ensuring clubs business is done to satisfy faceless internet moaners who can’t handle uncertainty.

Feels like we have reached a stage where some people actually ‘get off’ on transfer muppetry, and not the game itself.

It really is a sorry state of affairs and I agree social media, all this tier 1 twitter BS and fan channels on YouTube have a lot to answer for.

We really do have some absolute fruitcakes who follow us.

KennyBurner

How long is the transfer window open anyone? I really cant believe how slow things are right now.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
It’s a bit early for this isn’t it. Our season finished less than a week ago.
Surely you've noticed the "off" season is barely that this season?
The league starts 3 weeks today!

golden_blunder

Site admin. Manchester United fan
Staff
6 weeks to end of the window.

No sign of united closing any deals soon. Considering they have a “1 deal at a time policy” I feel we better all stock up on extra loo roll for it’ll be squeaky bum time soon enough

SER19

Very much consider it 3 weeks to go. You need players in before the season starts

Cassidy

No longer at risk of being mistaken for a Scouser
Very much consider it 3 weeks to go. You need players in before the season starts
This is United sign after the season has started, who needs training to gel with new teammates

Squeaky Bumtime

6 weeks to end of the window.

No sign of united closing any deals soon. Considering they have a “1 deal at a time policy” I feel we better all stock up on extra loo roll for it’ll be squeaky bum time soon enough
That one deal at a time is actually a thing or just a joke?

makes new threads with tweets in the OP
If we do not strengthen the side this summer it tells us what the future holds for Man Utd.

When we last got into the Champions League the board didn't back the manager: Grant, Dalot and Fred is not backing the manager.

We all dismissed it as Mourinho having his third season fall out and the Board reacting. However, Ole has not been confrontational and outwardly there's no sign of the relationship collapsing.

If Ole's not backed, despite being the anti Mourinho, it's clear that the Glazers will only spend when the Addidas money is at stake.

That makes you question who, if any manager, can succeed at United. Conte has bought 9 players at Inter and moved on the same number. Yet he's about to resign because he feels he hasn't been backed. Shocking when you see how little effort the Board puts into moving on deadwood and improving our squad.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
There are no rumors of any departures as well? This is baffling. Fecking idiots in charge.

AbusementPark

Operates the Unfairest Wheel
We need to get a few new signings in and quick. Not convinced by Gabriel if the link is true. Seems like another lindelof/bailly signing. We need to buy the likes of koulibaly to steady up the defence now and to breed through young defenders such as Mengi.

For the RW, we need to sign someone decent, even if it's a short term loan and then get Sancho next season. Costa or Coman with a preference for Coman and an option to buy at the end of the loan if he impresses.

Striker as well, if Higuain is going for a free and isn't expecting mental wages then he would be worth grabbing on a one year deal, same as Khediera. Might well be Juve cast offs but still have a lot to offer.

CG1010

I think we as a forum needs to be more positive around here. We probably won't sign Sancho due to high value attached by Dortmund and our finances not being strong due to COVID. But so what? We do have a potential generational talent in the wings who could really use next season to further develop. As long we buy someone so that any injury to our front 3 doesn't imply playing James/Ighalo/Mata/Lingard/Periera, but a decent option, we should be fine. Especially if we are able to plug a couple of holes in our squad elsewhere.

DixieDean

Everton Fan
Supports
Everton
The good news is no one is going to come in for Lingard or Jones, so there's two to help next season.

DevilRed

Its a fecking joke to be honest. This board never used to be like this. I'd understand if we lost badly or had a string of poor performances.

But this is at the start of a transfer window in very uncertain circumstances.

I blame social media and the cesspool known as "journalists". People seem to hang onto every single word they type out. Its become a fecking disease on the mind, because none of these tweets are fact checked or even come with any remotely plausible responsibility. Its become so easy for them that they don't even have to take the time to write an article and publish it! All it takes is 150 words or less now.

They get paid for clicks, not for news authenticity or accuracy, yet people don't seem to realise this and lap up every word.

It creates a false narrative around our club 99% of the time.

Hanky panky

Told in june that this boring summer. It's almost september and nothing have changed. It will be hard top4 battle again next season if Ed can't do any signings. Chelsea will be better than last season, maybe Spurs also. We need at least one starter, maybe 2-3. And depth same time, we simply can not start with same players game after game. Cap between starting 11 and bench is huge. Like everybody knows, except Ed.

I have bad feeling we will see 0-1 signings and then start to react on january when we are 15 points behind Pool/City after dropping points to Fulham and Burnley. Have there even been any serious rumours other than Sancho?

Womp

idiot
I have no sympathy for their Covid excuses if I'm being completely honest. They bought the club in debt, put us into debt. They took money out of the club to buy Tom Brady and that other bloke for their NFL team. Not to add the dividends and the money they've taken out etc.

Chelsea are spending, City are spending, Liverpool are far ahead of us and have intention to improve their depth. Barcelona will most likely spend heavily. Arsenal are spending wisely. Even the fecking skint cnuts Spurs are looking to spend. It would be absolutely unforgivable for us not to utilize this window to take a huge step to closing the gap.

hellhunter

Eurofighter
Supports
Karlsruher SC
I have no sympathy for their Covid excuses if I'm being completely honest. They bought the club in debt, put us into debt. They took money out of the club to buy Tom Brady and that other bloke for their NFL team. Not to add the dividends and the money they've taken out etc.

Chelsea are spending, City are spending, Liverpool are far ahead of us and have intention to improve their depth. Barcelona will most likely spend heavily. Arsenal are spending wisely. Even the fecking skint cnuts Spurs are looking to spend. It would be absolutely unforgivable for us not to utilize this window to take a huge step to closing the gap.
That's not how the NFL works. Neither Gronk nor Brady cost them any money they wouldn't have put in the roster anyway.

SilentWitness

ShoelessWitness
Staff
Supports
Everton
Just thinking today...What if you buy a player when the country they're in gets added to the list? They'll have to quarantine for 14 days right? Even more reason to try and wrap deals up earlier than later this window.

Le Red

Its a fecking joke to be honest. This board never used to be like this. I'd understand if we lost badly or had a string of poor performances.

But this is at the start of a transfer window in very uncertain circumstances.

I blame social media and the cesspool known as "journalists". People seem to hang onto every single word they type out. Its become a fecking disease on the mind, because none of these tweets are fact checked or even come with any remotely plausible responsibility. Its become so easy for them that they don't even have to take the time to write an article and publish it! All it takes is 150 words or less now.

They get paid for clicks, not for news authenticity or accuracy, yet people don't seem to realise this and lap up every word.

It creates a false narrative around our club 99% of the time.
I don't follow journos and seldom use social media. What I know is what I've seen with my own eyes.
And what I've seen is the pattern of our owners completely putting a halt to our progress once we get Champions League football. That's all it matters to them due to financial repercussions.
What follows is the inevitable drop in performance, finish out of the top 4, manager sack, rinse and repeat.
Finish the recipe by adding cafs saying our fans are too spoiled.

ayushreddevil9

Foootball hinders the adrenaline of transfers.
I don't follow journos and seldom use social media. What I know is what I've seen with my own eyes.
And what I've seen is the pattern of our owners completely putting a halt to our progress once we get Champions League football. That's all it matters to them due to financial repercussions.
What follows is the inevitable drop in performance, finish out of the top 4, manager sack, rinse and repeat.
Finish the recipe by adding cafs saying our fans are too spoiled.
This. Covid wasn't a thing in 2015 or 2018. It's just blatant excuses at this point.

I am hoping that we get some quality in otherwise it's another case of this incompetent board letting another manager down when he delivered his goals for the season.