Wot, no transfers? It's all happening now!

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
Today has been very quiet. When it goes quiet, it feels worse then negative news on transfers.
I'm sure we're all fighting off twin thoughts of...

But we need so much more this window...and
But surely we're not going to make even one signing this late, let alone multiple ones.

Rooney1987

I'm sure we're all fighting off twin thoughts of...

But we need so much more this window...and
But surely we're not going to make even one signing this late, let alone multiple ones.
I don’t get why so many are optimistic or confident. We have 3 and a half days to sell Andreas, Mike, Dalot or TFM and Romero. Then buy 2 or 3 players. Based on every transfer window Since SAF left we’ll be lucky to bring 1 in.

Sandikan

aka sex on the beach
I don’t get why so many are optimistic or confident. We have 3 and a half days to sell Andreas, Mike, Dalot or TFM and Romero. Then buy 2 or 3 players. Based on every transfer window Since SAF left we’ll be lucky to bring 1 in.
I think they're suckered in by the press stories linking us with loads of players.
They either just started following football recently, or are super gullible.

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
This is arguably the worst transfer window we have had since the Fellaini one considering how we ended last season and what other teams have done. Whatever happens now is most likely last minute panic stuff , we clearly have no plans at all .

The Irish Connection

if we don't hear things tomorrow it will be time to worry. fair enough if we don't want to spend 100m + on sancho but at the very least get in a few good players for us to have a chance to keep improving.

Castia

This is arguably the worst transfer window we have had since the Fellaini one considering how we ended last season and what other teams have done. Whatever happens now is most likely last minute panic stuff , we clearly have no plans at all .
Yeah it’s a massive worry, we know the board are shite but this is a new low even for them. They’ve had months to plan this window with the lockdown and we’re approaching deadline day in this situation.

If they don’t want to spend 120m on a player during these times then fair enough but why chase him all summer? we could have improved the squad elsewhere, god knows why we haven’t signed Telles yet either.

laughtersassassin

Arguably? It is by far especially in the context of every rival improving massively. Gal has gotten wider.

Also it has all but ensured Oles fate, so a new manager will be on the cards soon.

Then there is the effect on contracts. Pogba won't sign a new one after this window will he?

So that means we will have to sell him for half his value as he will have a year left next season.

Stellar planning all round. The club is useless. Things have to change but we just go around in circles slowly getting worse really.

Forevergiggs1

Supports
United
There were some rumours floating around that we spent a large chunk of our summer budget on Bruno. Smokescreen or not our transfer dealings confuse the hell out of me. The inner Muppet wants to go wild but the outer one is a right downer. Best just to stay away from the transfer section

laughtersassassin

There were some rumours floating around that we spent a large chunk of our summer budget on Bruno. Smokescreen or not our transfer dealings confuse the hell out of me. The inner Muppet wants to go wild but the outer one is a right downer. Best just to stay away from the transfer section
Best to stay away from United in truth. It's bad for our health. We are going nowhere but down ATM.

AJ Bullet

I love how this has been spun by the club that we bought Bruno early affecting this summer spending when in fact we bought him later than we should have done when we should have got him last summer.

RedAlert27

Don't worry, according to various outlets were still getting Sancho... and Dembele... and Telles. And all whilst selling Smalling, Lingard, Pereira and Romero in the space of 4 days. Were sorted.

NinjaZombie

Punched the air when Liverpool beat City
Would getting Sancho on deadline day with no other business concluded be a successful window for us?

Personally, I don't think so. But Ed will no doubt be delighted. The euphoria of getting Sancho will distract most people from the fact that this has been a shambles of a window.

Baneofthegame

Don't worry, according to various outlets were still getting Sancho... and Dembele... and Telles. And all whilst selling Smalling, Lingard, Pereira and Romero in the space of 4 days. Were sorted.
Well we’ve managed to get rid of Pereira, maybe their is still hope.

MrSingh2002

This is the worst window since we failed to get anyone so we signed Fellaini.

The only acceptable window would be the left back and centre back that we need plus Sancho.

Telles, Badiashile and Sancho.
£20m, £30m and £100m.
Total £150m

Ayush_reddevil

Éire Abú
I find it hard to believe that Dortmund will sell him in the last 3 days of the window having stood firm all summer . I don't even think that United are that bothered about signing him . Just hope we can get a couple of deals through because with this squad we won't be in the top 5

jderbyshire

Has anybody seen my fleshlight?
I dunno I still think even just Van de Beek (and possibly Telles) is still not as bad a window as 2018 (Fred, Grant, Dalot).

That was an infuriating one.

Shiva87

Glazers would want us to make it to the later stages of the CL. That's when the real money starts flowing in. Hopefully the draw today would have expedited a few discussions given we can't afford to wait till Jan as may be out of the CL by then (without some reinforcements).

What an anti climax this window has been. Whatever slim hopes we had of United challenging again under this ownership/ board are slowly but surely evaporating.

0le

Bizarre to leave the majority of your transfer business until the last few days. Terrible management, whichever way you look at it.

RedBanker

I love you Ole
A CB is a must but won't happen.
A Rw is a must and still may happen.
A CF is required but won't happen.

Bizarre to leave the majority of your transfer business until the last few days. Terrible management, whichever way you look at it.
Most transfer action takes place in the last week.

We need to shift players, and clearly thats proving difficult. Not all our targets are dependent on us moving on players first, but CB has to be. We can’t buy another one without getting rid of at least one of Smalling. Rojo, Jones or Bailly - ideally at least three of them to go, but that’s never happening.

witchtrials

we know the board are shite but this is a new low even for them.
For Woodward and co. one of the silver linings of Fellaini Summer is that it's now almost impossible to set a new club record low in the transfer window.

cj_sparky

Keep calm lads, I'm sure we'll snag Josh King, David Brooks and Joe Rodon. Before the domestic window closes on the 16th...maybe Bournemouth will do a triple whammy and throw in Lloyd Kelly at left back...lol

Cathy Ferguson

Smalling out and Telles in are probably quite likely.

I can't see Sancho or Dembele happening this late in the window.

That would be a really poor window.

croadyman

if we don't hear things tomorrow it will be time to worry. fair enough if we don't want to spend 100m + on sancho but at the very least get in a few good players for us to have a chance to keep improving.
Yeah absolutely spot on,we need at least 2 players in the next four days and doesn't look forthcoming at all

croadyman

Smalling out and Telles in are probably quite likely.

I can't see Sancho or Dembele happening this late in the window.

That would be a really poor window.
Would be an absolutely appalling window that rivals the jokes of 2013 & 2018

TwoSheds

More sheds (and tiles) than you, probably
The more I think about it the less likely I think it is that we'll sign anyone. Maybe Jovic or a young winger / forward. But honestly, I don't think we'll get through every competition this season and we're certainly going to be £100m or so short on match day revenue, why would we shell out megabucks for a new signing at this point? Fair enough if someone we really want becomes available for a great price but otherwise I can't see it. Save the cash, try and shift the likes of Rojo and whoever else, go for Upamecano and Sancho or whoever is on our hit list next year before the Euros.

Shimo

We really are a pathetic organization.

That we have not at least trimmed the fat of players that really have no chance of playing here anymore is mind boggling. Smalling, Rojo, Perreira, Romero, Jones. Bloody hell just loan them out even if we have to pay a large portion of their wages, at least it's some sort of savings. What's the point of having Jones in our treatment room, or Smalling training on his own or paying Romero's wages while he sits around somewhere, same with Rojo?

I get signing top players is difficult at best in normal situations but, surely we should be competent enough to offload surplus to requirements. So bloody frustrating that we are that bad at it.

Champagne Football

I think there wasn't any plan at all.
We often left things till the last day of the transfer window under Fergie, Berbatov signing springs to mind, we didn't always get what we wanted as the Ronaldinho cock up proved late in one window. We've spent 200 million in 1 year on Maguire, James, De Beek, Wan-Bissaka and Mejbri.

I think 100 million Euros is a fair offer for Sancho during a pandemic. We took a gamble and it didn't pay off. I think 120 million euros for a player who looked lost at international level so far is a bit much.

Ousmane Dembele on loan would be a very good plan B. Ismaila Sarr could turn out to be just as good as Sancho. I guess on Monday we'll find out who we're getting.

Russky14

The more I think about it the less likely I think it is that we'll sign anyone. Maybe Jovic or a young winger / forward. But honestly, I don't think we'll get through every competition this season and we're certainly going to be £100m or so short on match day revenue, why would we shell out megabucks for a new signing at this point? Fair enough if someone we really want becomes available for a great price but otherwise I can't see it. Save the cash, try and shift the likes of Rojo and whoever else, go for Upamecano and Sancho or whoever is on our hit list next year before the Euros.
But we will shell out in dividends come Feb and Mgmt fees to the Adams family

Castia

For Woodward and co. one of the silver linings of Fellaini Summer is that it's now almost impossible to set a new club record low in the transfer window.
That summer was shite no doubt but at least we were champions, at that moment in time we didn’t know just how shit things would get.

We really are a pathetic organization.

That we have not at least trimmed the fat of players that really have no chance of playing here anymore is mind boggling. Smalling, Rojo, Perreira, Romero, Jones. Bloody hell just loan them out even if we have to pay a large portion of their wages, at least it's some sort of savings. What's the point of having Jones in our treatment room, or Smalling training on his own or paying Romero's wages while he sits around somewhere, same with Rojo?

I get signing top players is difficult at best in normal situations but, surely we should be competent enough to offload surplus to requirements. So bloody frustrating that we are that bad at it.
Hes at Lazio now

Crustanoid

I just wondering whether the board/ Ed will have some kind of excuse for their actions this summer

Mr PG

Can't say we weren't warned. People don't realize Maguire was bought with the Lukaku fee that's why we waited so long.
Had no intention of buying Bruno but everyone got injured including Rashford and Pogba out for months so we had no choice and even then, United stated it would affect the summer's budget (and this was before covid was a thing).
Ed then stated after the pandemic hit that it's not going to be business as usual (he was obviously hoping other clubs cut their budgets too so we don't look bad not spending)....but this being a man eat man society, Chelsea etc have refused to follow the script and even Spurs are spending big time to take advantage of teams like us showing weaknesses. So far we have only purchased VDB and never ever had any intention to get Sancho. (It was all paper leaks to please the fans and show they tried).

If anyone seriously thinks the Glazers will ever pay Pogba like money again to buy a player, you're badly mistaken. If you were one of the Glazers and saw how Daddy's money was spent and the return value after 4 years of Pogba how would you feel?